Prey At Night: The Strangers Mafia Game Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
Again this makes no sense - how can it be good guying? A) she said it was NAI rather than anything good B) as I said to Ekko, she couldn’t possibly have known what she’d find before she went looking

if anything good guying is the take that makes the least sense possible. It would make more sense as scum if they’re aligned and she went back to check to see if she could defend him lol
I'm not giving her credit for it because it's low effort and broadly in town interest without actually helping the game

You're definitely reading her town waaaaay too easy. She's really not given us much to suggest one way or the other but no idea why you're defending her like this

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I’m not scared of it. I just called that as something I’m pretty sure you were going to try when i inevitably voted for you. You can’t do it now because I called it before you had the chance.
Don’t think this is genuine. You certainly seemed scared of it, because you used it as a reason to not vote originally

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Don’t think this is genuine. You certainly seemed scared of it, because you used it as a reason to not vote originally
Scared? No. It is possible to not want to be lynched as town as well as scum.

I think it was evident to me that Ekko was trying to slip me up and even if I think he’s scum, so? Say he is successful and I do accidentally make a mistake (which town players can do because bad play does not ALWAYS mean scum) and then I get jumped on by everyone else? I can’t be aware of that? Just because I think Ekko is spouting tripe doesn’t mean that everyone else will, does it? He did those things as a guise to “getting me involved” when he was the only person really saying that I wasn’t by taking issue with a post no one else seems to have a problem with.

Then as soon as I’d pushed back on him enough and disproved most of what he was saying because players such as Sky and Evans were disagreeing with him, he actually backed down because he knew he wasn’t going to get anywhere.

The reason he needed to try and put me in the positions where I could trip up is because he didn’t have enough basis in the first place and he needed to justify himself.

It’s not news that this is how I play. I take time to consider things and I am careful with my votes. This is how I have played near every game I’ve played here and in other places since I developed my meta over on WC. I have spent most of the games here defending myself because people will still use my play style as a reason to go after me even if there’s nothing wrong with what I’ve said. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with explaining a read - even if it is null - and Ekko using that as a basis to go for me was weak.

And of course I was implying that his play was scummy, but he was acting like I was ranting and raving about it and calling him scummy like he was to me. I never actually called him scummy at that point in the game.

It’s the weekend so I’m busy with family today. Will be back this evening.

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
i think ur responses have been looking better in terms of confidence. would u consider urself a timid player at start? i'll leave the rest to take a look at the interaction from an outside PoV. im happy ending this here
how do you feel about things I've said since i read it?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
they werent traps. they were attempts to get u to take stances and play the game. i got ur ball rolling so to speak

i think u keep assinging scum motivations to what i do when im simpy moving game forward and u accuse me of wanting to lynch u for the sake of lynching u / singling u out of the crowd when its also not true. i had a clear reason to sus u for and uve been improving ever since u were prodded

my only reservation remains ur awkward nervousness. why are you worried about me ever calling u out for omgusing. why did that idea cross ur mind. do u never vote a scum read if they vote u first? it comes self aware / cautious to me

i think ive seen what i wanted from u. i wish it came more smoother like with evans who didnt hesitate to vote me. since u didnt fully do what i expect a townie to do, i cant rly say i have u as town, but ill only concede 1 thing that r in ur favor

1. it was too early to make solid reads, which justifies the nulls, however does not justify the fence sitty overexplaination of the nulls

i think ive seen enough and would like to cut this here and let the rest talk unless u have questions
I dont get this, what about his responses do you consider improvement? That he voted you after you told him to? Is him solely assigning scum motivation to your actions not concerning to you, if you know you are town?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
i think ekko looks town here tbh

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
He's pretty in sync with my thoughts on Mando's posts like I think something then I read ekko basically voice it. Just now it was that mando went on about people calling him out for running away which again seemed pretty self conscious

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
agree about him saying blaine/barry isn't w/w too. that interaction is too awkward

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
to make this more productive, whats wang like as scum?
I dont have a vivid memory but what I do remember is he kinda blends into the background and just chimes in from time to time. What I do remember tho is that the posts he does make are usually solid as either alignment. Not sure I've seen too much of a contrast between his play as alignments, but what I noticed here is the posts he was making were pretty much all window dressing. I didn't really like him asking what a ML was as it seems fairly obvious in context when you've played mafia before, but it just struck me as "here's an easy post i can make" ditto his observation about blaine "jumping in early" but when asked to expand he didn't really take any opportunity to ponder what it would mean for blaine's alignment, just that he posted more words than usual. Didn't really seem like he wanted to get involved in game solve talk, and all of his posts were either not game related or just casual observations and I expect more insight from him

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I guess if Man's statement could be broken down into its simplest form, it would be along the lines of:

"Nice to see Wang active. But he's a good player as scum, so if his activity starts to dip, we should put pressure on him"

I don't see that as fundamentally overexplaining. I suppose we just simply disagree on what constitutes "overexplanation" though.
Look at it another way tho. I don't disagree with that statement about wang, but wang is also known to dip and go lower activity as BOTH alignments. It will almost certainly happen in this game, so is he not just giving himself an out to change his read down the line? AFAIK activity isnt a tell for wang

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
How can you not see the thing you're saying is the same as what Mando was saying?? What your read was before doesn't enter into it. You each said "this is my lean, but he might not be", and yet you hold him to a different standard you do yourself.
cant tell if you're just pretending to be dense or not at this point

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
Pretty much confirmed what I was thinking - you were backing down from something silly you said before just to be less suspicious
what did he say that was silly that he's backing down from?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
I think people are gonna vote Wang because he has a reputation of being very subtle as scum, but I don't think it's a good wagon. Wang has been the most active and lucid he's been at mafia in years (not joking btw), and his thoughts frankly don't feel to me like he's reaching or grasping at small strings to tug.

Blaine is very much similar. An active Blaine is a good Blaine, and I do like his inquisition towards yourself, it has shades of independent thought and taking initiative.
receipts?

Poyser

Pathological Liar
Reaction score
i think mando staying up late to defend himself early day 1 is more townie/indie than scummy tbh, as scum he'd know his team got his back and that the wagon will not grow overnight without a solid reason so he can sleep and just defend himself later to waste more time of the day
this makes no sense at all lol

you look like you're trying rlly rlly hard to back out of that scum read. anything to do with the fact that a wagon started building on you based on you pushing him?