Pet Peeves

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

He is in some pretty damn funny T-Mobile and Taco Bell TV spots though.

LKP

T mobile are twats do not get me started on them

T mobile are twats,

straight_edge76

The service sucks, but the Barkley/Wade commercials give me a good laugh from time to time.

Wordlife

^hahahaha they are good as hell though!!!

Oh and the people at like Macy's, Kohls, Carson Pierre Scott, those who work fragrance department, who conssssstantly ask you to try their new scents.... I SAID NO!

lol

This Guy

Yeah, we've got the most wanted thing here too. Around the time I traded in my DS they had a really good promotion on it where you got back over 100 dollars for it.
I mean, bottom line if I'm gonna buy from Game Stop it'll be a used title so I know if I don't like it or get tired of it really quick I can just get my money back within the first two weeks. They do screw people on the trade in values, some of them are just ridiculous. You may as well just keep the game you paid $65 dollars for just a few months ago and now they're offering you less than 10 for it.

Another thing I can't stand is when you're buying a new game and they just give you a disc out of the drawer and stick it in an empty case. No fucker, if it's NEW... that shit better be wrapped in cellophane.

Yeah, for good reason. I had no problems with selling my games to them for such a cheap rate tbh. It was more of a principle of them being sold at prices above $10-$15.

edit- I hate that empty case bullshit to. I understand that shit with old games that I buy but when it's a "new" game the god damn thing should be in its original case and sealed.

I won't take it if they try to pull that shit.
I forget what game I bought like that one time but about 20 minutes into playing it starting freezing like crazy. So I bought the game back and told them I wanted my money back. They of course said they can't take opened merchandise. Of course I had to argue with them for 40 minutes about how it was fuckin OPEN when they sold me the NEW game.
Dumb asses.

Okay well think about it this way. I will admit there are times when we might only be giving say $10 for a game were still selling at a really high rate, but at least in Canada this is how it works. Say a new game is $59.99 we give $40 and sell it for say $54.99. Now lets say the manufacture drops the price to $29.99 (which happens often without notice) well we have to drop the used price down to at most $24.99. Now those lets say 500 copies we took in trade for $40 across Canada we just lost money on. So yeah the trade value usually takes a head dive to like $5 or less for awhile until those losses are recouped and then the trade value may go back up to say $10.

Now sometimes we get notice though. So our company will react. So the trade value will drop to maybe $10 but we will still sell it for $54.99 while we wait for the price to drop. The idea being that if we can take say 100 more copies in at that lower trade value, when the price drops and you avg out the cost of the 500 copies we now have total its not as big of a loss if a loss at all.

As for the new opened, that only happens if its the last copy. And again I get the not wanting it, but did they not put a seal on it before giving it to you? Because we put a seal on every open case and as long as that seal is on your good for a refund. As for the defective issue I mean lets be honest that could have happened even if it was manufacture sealed.

noumenon

OH...not really a pet peeve..but kinda going off what CAPSLOCK said.. :p

I was in the mall one day and this girl walks up to me and asks if she can try this hand stuff on me. Girls love it...blah blah blah...guys can use it. I was looking for some stuff to buy my girlfriend so I was like yeah...sure.
Now I work with my hands and work out and shit so I've built up pretty decent amount of calouses on my hands, and I need them.
Whatever this bitch put on my hands and did to them took off all of my calouses. I was fuckin PISSED.

straight_edge76

Yeah man, you make some very valid points. From your side of it it makes sense but from my stand point it doesn't so much piss me off as it annoys me.

Anyway here is another pet peeve

When you are someplace public wearing something pro-wrestling related and people just look at you like you're and idiot and say "You do know that wrestling is FAKE right?"

This Guy

OH...not really a pet peeve..but kinda going off what CAPSLOCK said.. :p

I was in the mall one day and this girl walks up to me and asks if she can try this hand stuff on me. Girls love it...blah blah blah...guys can use it. I was looking for some stuff to buy my girlfriend so I was like yeah...sure.
Now I work with my hands and work out and shit so I've built up pretty decent amount of calouses on my hands, and I need them.
Whatever this bitch put on my hands and did to them took off all of my calouses. I was fuckin PISSED.

actually that is a pet peeve of mine, the people working the kios` in the mall and harass you with trying to sell you stuff.

noumenon

LOL, I was in Target the other night wearing a CM Punk sweatshirt and I hear "BOO! BOOOOOOO! BOOOO!" I'm like wtf is that? I turn around and there's these two ten year old kids. "CM PUNK STINKS!"

LKP

I just tell people no, do not touch me. They take the hint.

Cm punk haters are all scared of the fact he is better than them.