Pet Peeves

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

OWeapon

Reaction score
That guy who hosts the Australian Ready, Steady, Cook. I hate that guy so much and I hope one day he falls and cooks his face on the stove or something.

the408kid

Reaction score
He also used the wrong form of 'you're'.

AHAHAHAHA YOU FAILED AS WELL!

:smoke_1:

It doesn't bother me that you are here. You're just going to be my punching bag so you being here is awesome because I have a new smurf to flame since pretty much everyone else in this forum is cool.

My name is also one word you dumb cunt.
I dont care how your name is spelled you stuck up bitch. Just make sure you wipe your mouth after drooling over piper. He sure has better taste in women then you.

LadyHotrod

I dont care how your name is spelled you stuck up bitch. Just make sure you wipe your mouth after drooling over piper. He sure has better taste in women then you.

hahaha, it's funny because you dislike me for no reason, really. You made a mistake and posted a thread that was already made so I kindly notified you that it was already made and then you turned into a complete smurf and continued to be rude.

You obviously don't know what I look like, nor do you know what Kitty looks like, because I clearly look better than her and weigh probably about 60 pounds less, maybe more, than she does. How do you know Piper wouldn't want to taste a fine young woman like me? Oh, right, you don't, cunt.

You fail at life. Your only option is to kill yourself.

This Guy

Okay here are some of my pet peeves see if you notice a theme.

1) Kids who don't know how to use a phone. They call the store, they ask there question and then after you answer the question.....silence

2) People who don't say goodbye or whatever to indicate the conversation is over and instead just hang up

3) People who act shocked and amazed that we are sold out of Nintendo Wii's at Christmas time.

4) People that complain that having a display box with the words "Coming Soon" on it is false advertising if you don't have it in your store.

5) People that bitch about getting $5 or less in trade credit for there Gamecube, X-Box & PS2 games when we sell the majority of them for less then $10 saying "But I paid $80 for that". When? 10 years ago?

noumenon

Okay here are some of my pet peeves see if you notice a theme.

1) Kids who don't know how to use a phone. They call the store, they ask there question and then after you answer the question.....silence

2) People who don't say goodbye or whatever to indicate the conversation is over and instead just hang up

3) People who act shocked and amazed that we are sold out of Nintendo Wii's at Christmas time.

4) People that complain that having a display box with the words "Coming Soon" on it is false advertising if you don't have it in your store.

5) People that bitch about getting $5 or less in trade credit for there Gamecube, X-Box & PS2 games when we sell the majority of them for less then $10 saying "But I paid $80 for that". When? 10 years ago?

LOL...Game Stop employee are we?

noumenon

Seriously, you're gonna give me 5 bucks for a game and then sell it for 55 dollars? Yeah... don't think so. I don't even bother trading in my games anymore.
The only time I'll go to Game Stop is to buy a game I know I'll beat quickly. Just buy it used, beat it and return it within the 14 days to get my money back.

noumenon

OR I love how when you go in there and ask for a game (they'll have a FULL cabinet full of them) and they'll go "No sorry, these are on reserve."
REALLY? The fuckin game came out a week ago... you've got a FULL stock of them and they're on reserve?
I'll go to Target or Wal Mart thank you very much..lol

This Guy

Seriously, you're gonna give me 5 bucks for a game and then sell it for 55 dollars? Yeah... don't think so. I don't even bother trading in my games anymore.
The only time I'll go to Game Stop is to buy a game I know I'll beat quickly. Just buy it used, beat it and return it within the 14 days to get my money back.

We don't give that little for games that we sell for that high. If its $5 trade its $15 maybe $20 max sale. Granted Canada & US are run completely different. Most new releases get $35 - $40 trade credit. Canada also doesn't have the money back policy that you mentioned.

OR I love how when you go in there and ask for a game (they'll have a FULL cabinet full of them) and they'll go "No sorry, these are on reserve."
REALLY? The fuckin game came out a week ago... you've got a FULL stock of them and they're on reserve?
I'll go to Target or Wal Mart thank you very much..lol

again that doesn't happen in Canada. At least not in any store I've ever seen. We hold the pre-orders for 2 or 3 days, after that its all up for grabs. And the pre-orders that were holding are not in view of the customer. The cabinet of backstock is walk in product only. So if its there its available.

noumenon

Sounds like they're run a lot better in Canada then. From time to time they've got promotions where certain games have higher trade in values. But I don't think I've ever gotten $40 dollars back for a game... I'm sure it would have to be brand new to get that much back. Most of the time like I said the amount they give you back is laughable. I remember I had traded in an old SVR game... the amount they gave me back I'm pretty sure was under $10. The next day I was in the store and saw the selling it used for $50.
Their used policy here is good though, works great for quick action adventure titles that you're only going to play through once... essentially getting to play the game for free. They'll take it back no questions asked.

straight_edge76

Yeah, I don't even bother trading my games anymore, around here GameStop is sketchy as hell, I took in a bunch of my old Madden games (2005-2009) and got like $5 for each of them. I came back a few days later to pick up some used games for my brother and they are on sale for like $40.

This Guy

Well we had a similar policy where used games could be 1 time exchanged for full value within 7 days, but people were abusing that policy.

But we also have a program called the Most Wanted. 50 titles every month that get $5 to $10 extra trade credit every month. Now keep in mind that can still be low games that normally trade for only $2 being worth only $7, but there is also a good portion of games that as new releases were worth $40 have maybe dropped to $27 and then a month or two later are on the most wanted and are worth $37 or whatever.

We also have another program called the gaming guarentee. The first time we did this some US people were making fun saying we must not have confidence in the game being able to sell, but clearly they didn't understand the promo. The way it works is, a new release lets say its $69.99. If its the gaming guarentee, you pre-order it and pick it up within the first 7 days, and then trade it in within the first 7 days, you get $69.99 in trade credit for it.

The reason US was making fun of it was because they thought we were basically saying, this game sucks so we are going to give you your money back so no risk. Thats not what we are saying. We are saying you'll like the game so much we bet you won't want to bring it back within 7 days so we will give you your full credit if you do. And believe me it works.

God of War 3 is the current one we are offering it on. And don't get me wrong we get a few that will trade it in. But most wont, and the ones that don't will probably only get $30 for it and so when we finally put the used copies on the self the avg mark up would be the same if we just gave everyone $40 right from the start.

straight_edge76

Shit, that sounds pretty damn awesome. I might just have to take a trip to Canada lol.

This Guy

Yeah, I don't even bother trading my games anymore, around here GameStop is sketchy as hell, I took in a bunch of my old Madden games (2005-2009) and got like $5 for each of them. I came back a few days later to pick up some used games for my brother and they are on sale for like $40.

All the old sports games here are under $10. 2009 and older. 2005 Madden is actually only $0.99!!! $5 each is pretty good, here you'd be lucky if you got $5 total. lol But again I think 2009 is $9.99, 2008 I think is $4.99, 2007 & 06 I think are $2.99 each and 2005 is only 99 cents.