Orlando Nightclub Shooting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
People are too caught up in focusing about gun laws, and religion, and sexuality, just trying to get their opinion heard and not the fact that 59 people lost their lives today, and the effect that has on their friends and family.

Reactions: Swift

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
People are too caught up in focusing about gun laws, and religion, and sexuality, just trying to get their opinion heard and not the fact that 59 people lost their lives today, and the effect that has on their friends and family.
Well, it should be of discussion, no? It's not only to remember the lives who were lost, but to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Well, it should be of discussion, no? It's not only to remember the lives who were lost, but to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.

If no one talks about it nothing will change. I don't care what way you look at it, this kind of crap shouldn't be happening this easily in this day and age. Something isn't right somewhere and people lost their lives because of it.

Reactions: CM Punk

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
If no one talks about it nothing will change. I don't care what way you look at it, this kind of crap shouldn't be happening this easily in this day and age. Something isn't right somewhere and people lost their lives because of it.
Think I read it earlier, but the day the Sandy Hook shooting happened and nothing changed, you knew there was a problem when they're accepting kids getting killed.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Every tragedy in human history leads to discussion of "How to stop it" and usually overtakes the loss and tragedy of those that died.

I just dislike people who will stand up and take this chance to blame others, when they're silent before hand. Once tragedies like this happen, everyone is quick to point fingers. But again, I do think the real issue here is not religion, but gun control on it's own. And then they'll say stupid shit like, "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

You think if the man walked into the bar without a gun, he'd kill 50 people and injure 50+ as well?
I know Canadians don't get this, ( :dawg: jk jk) but Americans believe that guns are entrenched into their culture and history, and to a degree they are. And to add to that, there's no way to micromanage guns in a country that's the size of the United States. The only way to keep things strict is by making the NRA and the gun community angry, since laws will have to have a universal scope. It's not going to happen.

I think that something of this magnitude was easily preventable by the authorities in Florida. They had signs, they had this guy on their watch list and they got a clear cut warning from the perpetrators. It's baffling that they didn't take action.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
There definitely needs to be awareness about it, my comment was more directed at observing how so many people come out the woodworks when a tragedy such as this happens to spout off their closeted bigot opinions. But then I saw you said that in a post a couple above mine, it's sickening.

And that's not a comment directed to anyone here, just a comment about society at large.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Think I read it earlier, but the day the Sandy Hook shooting happened and nothing changed, you knew there was a problem when they're accepting kids getting killed.

That was really the thing that thought would push for mental screening at the very least. Any joe shmoe can walk into a gun shop and buy guns. There is a problem with unregistered weapons here but the ones that do the most damage are the ones that are registered.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I am okay with guns being aloud but they need to make it a heck of a lot hard to obtain them. And I say that as being someone who is scared to even hold one.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
The attack is a real case of a hate crime, and the SJW community (sadly) will be beating chests over the situation of two males (yes clearly the cases in CA and FL are connected) one white one muslim attacking the community, as well as the gun laws going wild on our rights to carry. The real shame is that no one in the club was rocking a concealed carry license. If the US took our guns away today, it would be the same as weed, heroin, and plenty of other illegal things in the country. They will take it from the legit taxpayer and can do nothing about the millions of other weapons unregistered, period.

It's a huge shame someone got into a large pride event with 3 loaded guns, I can't imagine he didn't walk or look out of place, but who knows how many people were going through the door and some people sadly slip through the cracks due to volume. Haven't had a ton of time to read on this yet, but plan on it. I'm not buying the ISIS angle though, tbh.

It's like Holmes in CO and the CIA mind control business, it's hard to believe in general. Sorry for all those who lost friends and/or family there, this is just another example of why I'm a firm believer in legal carry and safety courses for everyone. Most people here hunt and have guns in and around their houses, and it's why we still can leave our doors unlocked at night.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
That was really the thing that thought would push for mental screening at the very least. Any joe shmoe can walk into a gun shop and buy guns. There is a problem with unregistered weapons here but the ones that do the most damage are the ones that are registered.
They can be matched to ballistics, and no, the majority of unsolved crimes come from not being able to match registered guns to the bullets fired.

Any joe shmoe lol, no. Anyone can buy a gun, but the ones that will be taken away will be the registered ones, leaving the rest floating in a gray area.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
They can be matched to ballistics, and no, the majority of unsolved crimes come from not being able to match registered guns to the bullets fired.

Any joe shmoe lol, no. Anyone can buy a gun, but the ones that will be taken away will be the registered ones, leaving the rest floating in a gray area.

I know that, it is too late to take away guns. They need to get smarter about who gets them legally though.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
There definitely needs to be awareness about it, my comment was more directed at observing how so many people come out the woodworks when a tragedy such as this happens to spout off their closeted bigot opinions. But then I saw you said that in a post a couple above mine, it's sickening.

And that's not a comment directed to anyone here, just a comment about society at large.
Yeah, not trying to offend anyone.
There's like two groups of people, and unfortunately, I'm like one of them.
1. People who will blame religion. I saw Donald Trump's tweet and I was pissed that he would use a tragedy for his candidacy.
2. People who will say guns are the issue and that it should be stopped.

Obviously, we all sympathize the unfortunate tragedy with all those who were involved and affected, but there's only a degree we can do that. I did wanna donate food/juice/water, if there was a link provided. That's like all I can do other than discussing how dumb the gun laws are.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I honestly don't see what people are saying about "banning refugees" and "banning Muslim immigration". These guys do know this man has been living in the US his entire life?

Some people. Jesus Christ.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, not trying to offend anyone.
There's like two groups of people, and unfortunately, I'm like one of them.
1. People who will blame religion. I saw Donald Trump's tweet and I was pissed that he would use a tragedy for his candidacy.
2. People who will say guns are the issue and that it should be stopped.

Obviously, we all sympathize the unfortunate tragedy with all those who were involved and affected, but there's only a degree we can do that. I did wanna donate food/juice/water, if there was a link provided. That's like all I can do other than discussing how dumb the gun laws are.

America is filled with a lot extremists. That is the problem. There are more than two groups as well. Getting rid of guns isn't the answer and getting rid of religion isn't either. They need to find a way to regulate the guns and allow people to still have their beliefs. Obviously any beliefs that directly break the law shouldn't be aloud on American soil. It is just a shame that it is 2016 and this is such an issue here. There is no reason people in any kind of community, innocent people should be getting killed in the name of anything.