Orlando Nightclub Shooting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Apparently, ISIS delivered a warning 3 days ago about an impending attack in Florida.

ISIS warning + Watch list since 2013 = Still walks free?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Apparently, ISIS delivered a warning 3 days ago about an impending attack in Florida.

ISIS warning + Watch list since 2013 = Still walks free?

With all that it was clearly the State's fault for not keeping a better eye on him. It is sad that it has to come to this.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It isn't just about gays or Islams, blacks or whites... It is murder and attempt at murder. People need to stop acting like their singular group matters more than someone else's. All lives should matter and the media keeps it so it isn't this way which forces people to further split into smaller groups. The more groups of people with "differences" there are, the easier it is to control this nation (and take away our freedoms) but no one wants to actually see it that way. They are too busy worrying about their own then the actual state of humanity and how f'd in the head it is. I see this as people being murdered by a sick man. Not an Islamic terrorist who hates gay people. As for your story, good thing nothing came from it but all's it is doing is showing that the "white man" got a slap on the wrist for being a gay basher which will in turn make straight white males look like what? The enemy. People take one example and blow it out the water assuming all people of one color, race, religion, lifestyle, or mental illness are the exact same. They assume and place them in groups and bash them for not agreeing with what they feel it right. See a pattern here? People should take a stand as a whole and stop comparing body parts, gods, and lifestyle choices and realize that this world is going to hell faster than a sinking ship. If they want to truly make change for the better, start uniting in spite of differences and for the love of God, LOVE each other instead of trying force people into changing. It may not take away the threat of idiots like these people, but it will make it harder for it to actually happen. You can't target one secular group if it is united with other groups.

That was a bit of a rant lol

Okay, I have yet to see gay people acting like their lives matter more than anyone else. This was an attack on a gay club, however, so to not put some focus on that is rather naive. This man picked a gay club during Pride month. To question his motives, which have to go beyond just killing people, without including the fact that it was clearly an attack gay people, would be unwise.

The reason that the other story IS important is because of the similarities between the two. You have a gay club shot up and then you have a guy taking guns to a separate Gay Pride celebration. To not make the connection between the two would be putting people at risk. If there are similar things happening, it is important to note them for the safety of the people at the upcoming Pride events. If these stories were not linked by the media, and then later this month, the Chicago Pride parade got shot up, then it would have shown serious irresponsibility of the media for not making those connections. It's better to err on the side of caution than not.

I of course believe all lives are equal. But when you do not look at the motives for why such a horrid thing was committed, you discount the lives of the people who may have been killed for that reason. It's naive to think that shooting up a gay club during a Pride celebration is not motivated by hatred towards gays when it obviously is.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Okay, I have yet to see gay people acting like their lives matter more than anyone else. This was an attack on a gay club, however, so to not put some focus on that is rather naive. This man picked a gay club during Pride month. To question his motives, which have to go beyond just killing people, without including the fact that it was clearly an attack gay people, would be unwise.

The reason that the other story IS important is because of the similarities between the two. You have a gay club shot up and then you have a guy taking guns to a separate Gay Pride celebration. To not make the connection between the two would be putting people at risk. If there are similar things happening, it is important to note them for the safety of the people at the upcoming Pride events. If these stories were not linked by the media, and then later this month, the Chicago Pride parade got shot up, then it would have shown serious irresponsibility of the media for not making those connections. It's better to err on the side of caution than not.

I of course believe all lives are equal. But when you do not look at the motives for why such a horrid thing was committed, you discount the lives of the people who may have been killed for that reason. It's naive to think that shooting up a gay club during a Pride celebration is not motivated by hatred towards gays when it obviously is.

That is not at all what I said, I said I choose to see it as a human being murdering human beings. If you want to see it as more than that, you have the right to. I don't put people in boxes and label them like the news does.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That is not at all what I said, I said I choose to see it as a human being murdering a human beings. If you want to see it as more than that, you have the right to. I don't put people in boxes and label them like the news does.

Whether you said it or not, that is what came across in your post.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Whether you said it or not, that is what came across in your post.

You have every right to interpret is as whatever you like, I know what I meant and that is what matters to me. I don't aim to please people. Just voicing my views on the subject and the entire division of humanity as whole.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You have every right to interpret is as whatever you like, I know what I meant and that is what matters to me. I don't aim to please people. Just voicing my views on the subject and the entire division of humanity as whole.

I never once said you didn't have the right to voice your viewpoint. You do. I never once said you didn't, so you really shouldn't be getting upset when all I was doing was voicing my opposing view in return. I have every right to do that as well.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I never once said you didn't have the right to voice your viewpoint. You do. I never once said you didn't, so you really shouldn't be getting upset when all I was doing was voicing my opposing view in return. I have every right to do that as well.
lol where did I get upset? Your interpreting me wrong there bud.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
lol where did I get upset? Your interpreting me wrong there bud.

All right, that's enough of this conversation. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that I was reading your responses wrong but keep the rest of the thread on the topic.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
All right, that's enough of this conversation. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that I was reading your responses wrong but keep the rest of the thread on the topic.
You have every right to be upset over what happened, a lot of people are but don't let your feelings cloud your judgement of someone online you don't even know. You don't need to give me any benefit either, take what I say in whatever context your like. You're not offending me. What happened in Orlando is a tragedy and I think we can both agree on that.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You have every right to be upset over what happened, a lot of people are but don't let your feelings cloud your judgement of someone online you don't even know. You don't need to give me any benefit either, take what I say in whatever context your like. You're not offending me. What happened in Orlando is a tragedy and I think we can both agree on that.

Do not presume to tell me my feelings or that my judgment is being clouded. You do not know my feelings or whether my judgment is clouded any more than I knew whether or not you were upset. I conceded that out of respect, you can show me the same.

This back and forth between us is over. Get back to the topic only if you're posting here.

And yes we can agree on that being a tragedy.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
It isn't just about gays or Islams, blacks or whites... It is murder and attempt at murder. People need to stop acting like their singular group matters more than someone else's. All lives should matter and the media keeps it so it isn't this way which forces people to further split into smaller groups. The more groups of people with "differences" there are, the easier it is to control this nation (and take away our freedoms) but no one wants to actually see it that way. They are too busy worrying about their own then the actual state of humanity and how f'd in the head it is. I see this as people being murdered by a sick man. Not an Islamic terrorist who hates gay people. As for your story, good thing nothing came from it but all's it is doing is showing that the "white man" got a slap on the wrist for being a gay basher which will in turn make straight white males look like what? The enemy. People take one example and blow it out the water assuming all people of one color, race, religion, lifestyle, or mental illness are the exact same. They assume and place them in groups and bash them for not agreeing with what they feel it right. See a pattern here? People should take a stand as a whole and stop comparing body parts, gods, and lifestyle choices and realize that this world is going to hell faster than a sinking ship. If they want to truly make change for the better, start uniting in spite of differences and for the love of God, LOVE each other instead of trying force people into changing. It may not take away the threat of idiots like these people, but it will make it harder for it to actually happen. You can't target one secular group if it is united with other groups.

That was a bit of a rant lol
Think you misinterpreted why I linked it. It's to say that it's not just one specific category of people that discriminate against gays. Just because of specific skin tone and/or religion, people will quickly be to point fingers and consider those "people" the issue, when there's a bigger issue at hand. Which is why are people like these able to get their hands on guns so easily? Is there not a mental test to see if they're capable of even purchasing one?

Technically, you can categorize them as just insane killers, but it's not easy to pinpoint them.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Think you misinterpreted why I linked it. It's to say that it's not just one specific category of people that discriminate against gays. Just because of specific skin tone and/or religion, people will quickly be to point fingers and consider those "people" the issue, when there's a bigger issue at hand. Which is why are people like these able to get their hands on guns so easily? Is there not a mental test to see if they're capable of even purchasing one?

Technically, you can categorize them as just insane killers, but it's not easy to pinpoint them.

There is a huge issue with guns here because they don't test the mental state of people. I think they are working on changing that.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I just dislike people who will stand up and take this chance to blame others, when they're silent before hand. Once tragedies like this happen, everyone is quick to point fingers. But again, I do think the real issue here is not religion, but gun control on it's own. And then they'll say stupid shit like, "guns don't kill people, people kill people."

You think if the man walked into the bar without a gun, he'd kill 50 people and injure 50+ as well?

Reactions: Solid Snake

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Alright, I'm just gonna delete the off-topic posts. No need to continue this.