Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
OKC, OKC, OKC ... Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1mFree agent Kevin Martin has reached agreement on a four year, $28 million deal with Minnesota, league source tells Y! Sports.

May as well amnesty perk unless if doc wants him enough for DJ

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Thing that gets me about that is that K-Mart was going on about how he was more worried about getting a championship then a good contract and then he signs with the T-Wolves, lol. Not a big lose for OKC though since the easiest thing to replace is someone who can shoot.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That reported pitch to Dwight .

Sign with us and next summer Kobe is going to take a discount so we can bring in both Bron and Melo to play with you two.

tzfM76g.gif

Shit sounds too much for even 2k, let alone real life, and if it happened lockout here we go

Last edited:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Sounds like something you made up as a pipe dream that isn't possible in the 1st place.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sounds like something you made up as a pipe dream that isn't possible in the 1st place.
The Los Angeles Lakers made their free agency pitch to Dwight Howard on Tuesday, the last of five teams.

While the other teams, most notably the Houston Rockets, offered Howard the chance to instantly contend, the Lakers can offer the appeal of cap space in 2014.

The only contract on the Lakers' books for the 2014 offseason is Steve Nash at $9.7 million. The 2014 free agency class could include LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Kobe Bryant.

"Finally, Howard stands at the center of the most terrifying maelstrom that has come along in the NBA in decades," writes Ken Berger. "What is that, you ask? It's called the Lakers with cap space.

"That means that Howard, who has traveled from Orlando to LA and now to a free-agent courtship with four other teams, is 12 months away from being the centerpiece of an unprecedented constellation of star power. If you thought the Lakers' courtship of Howard was something -- with the banners and the hashtags and whatnot -- wait until they knock on LeBron James' door on July 1, 2014.

"Dwight, LeBron and Carmelo Anthony on the Lakers, with Bryant saying this week he has three good years left in him? It would make the Heat's Big Three look like a bad pickup game at the Y."

The Lakers would not have enough cap space to sign both James and Anthony to maximum contracts given the presence of Howard's new deal and Nash's final season. But James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh each took less money to play together with the Miami Heat in 2010.

Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2...ecome-a-legend

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's not gonna happen as they all would have to take A LOT less not just less to make it work since you know you still gotta have more than 4 people on a team. Them tanking to get Andrew Wiggins as the future of the franchise is more realistic than that.

SAL

Reaction score
Yeah psych, they're gonna get LeBron, and Dwight, and Carmelo, and Rondo, and '93 Charles Barkley, and Unfrozen George Mikan, sure. And it'll still be Mike D'Antoni coaching them.

LOL

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's not gonna happen as they all would have to take A LOT less not just less to make it work since you know you still gotta have more than 4 people on a team. Them tanking to get Andrew Wiggins as the future of the franchise is more realistic than that.
I said it wasn't realistic and if it happened it would just be another lockout. I couldn't see Bron leaving, Melo sure, I've always said if NY goes into another playoffs and Amare gets hurt again Melo will be the guy they target and get to join the Lakers.

That said I like the challenge Kobe gave him because the truth is Dwight doesn't know how to win, and of he stays in the lakers its win or bust, be great like in the ceiling or bust, and he needs to be taught how to be an all time great and winner. That's the speech Buss gave him, he said during his ceremony at Nokia

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Now that I did read about and I think that speech probably works on a good amount of players in the league but when it comes to Dwight it'll probably do the opposite. Don't think he can handle Kobe's strong arm approach without getting his feelings hurt. Can't fault Kobe for trying though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
FA is so confusing
- Webster getting 22mil
- Budinger getting 3 years/16 mil
- Kings offering Iggy 14M a year and him not running away with it
- Martin going to Minny
- Reddick getting 20M

PI swear only Dunleavy, Korver, Tony Allen, and Blatche make sense

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm thinking Iggy in the end probably just wants to return to Denver when it is all said and done or he is just waiting to see where the biggest names are going first before he makes his move idk. Dwight is pretty much the big domino that will decide the fate of guys like Smith, Ellis, etc.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Now that I did read about and I think that speech probably works on a good amount of players in the league but when it comes to Dwight it'll probably do the opposite. Don't think he can handle Kobe's strong arm approach without getting his feelings hurt. Can't fault Kobe for trying though.
Yeah I'm sure that speech could work on a Bron, Melo, or KD even but I think it may not work on Dwight. Likewise if he doesn't want to be that, I really don't want him. Shaq and Kobe wanted to be the best, same with Magic and Kareem, they all had fun by winning when it all came down to it, not dancing, posing or trying to be funny. I would be happy if the speech got Dwight to stay because with most people it means he wants to be the best and won't accept anything else, that said even if he accepts Dwight may change his mind a hour later

oh well http://i.imgur.com/8uvcURz.jpg

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm thinking Iggy in the end probably just wants to return to Denver when it is all said and done or he is just waiting to see where the biggest names are going first before he makes his move idk. Dwight is pretty much the big domino that will decide the fate of guys like Smith, Ellis, etc.
But 14M a year. That's crazy money for Iggy.

I agree Smith will sign after Dwight does. As for Monta who knows, he's apparently been listening to mmle offers from SA, NY, etc so who knows where his head is at. I also think Milsap is going to get paid after Dwight

Now Mayo is a question mark to me; I mean I hear the Bucks are going to be paying him. Same with the Bobcats trying to pay Al Jefferson. To me that screams salary floor, as the new CBA does mandate reaching a salary floor which is high.

As far as the Spurs go, I really don't get giving Manu 7M per year or Tiago 9M per year.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah I'm surprised Iggy is getting offered that much. Evans is pretty much gone to N.O so maybe he'll end up taking it in the end. Here is my predict on where some names end up.

Dwight - Houston
Josh Smith - Houston
Mayo - Bucks
Al Jefferson - I wanted to say Boston but they are in tank mode so Dallas
Bynum - Portland (lol)
Iggy - Denver
Monta - ATL
Milsap - ATL
Jennings - Dallas if the Bucks don't match any offer.

Last edited:

LaBrandon Aldridge

Reaction score
Gotta cut DEAD WEIGHT from the fantasy league this season, fellas. Sorry, but you're out, PSYCH.