Official NBA 12-13 season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Boston deal can be fucked up by a team signing Bogans. Hs the one guy who has to be signed and traded to make it work. It you're Miami or the Knicks you duck it up to be blunt by paying Bogans and not allowing the Nets to make a team with Pierce and KG who can carry Joe and Derons ass

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I don't watch college games (I live in England so can't), someone tell me how good or bad this Anthony Bennett dude is, ESPN were freaking out which makes me think it's an awful pick

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It was a wild swing, I'm not sure he makes it over the other 9 guys drafted after him had the Cavs not had the pick. Then again they said he impressed the Cavs in his individual workouts they held with all the lotto guys. Some scouts name is going to be made or broken by him.

They tried like hell to sell the pick though. I would have personally tried to trade back and take Muhammad for their teams need which is a SF because they have Kyrie/Waiters on the perimeter only and Speights/Zeller/Vrejao/Thompson up front. I know he didnt amaze at college but neither did Harrison Barnes and that's who I liken him too and what they need IMO

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Brooks replaces Evans in he Boston deal. Makes sense for both sides. Boston gets perimeter talent and Evans now comes off the bench where he is a fine role player. They are targeting Korver too according to reports as he shares an agent and Kidd wants a shooter

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It confused me as to why they didn't try and get a young piece like Brooks so that makes it at least a little bit better for Boston. He should get a pretty nice opportunity with Boston. The biggest head scratcher is them taking on Wallace's terrible contract.

As for Anthony Bennett to me they badly needed someone to play small forward and ultimately I think that is where he'll mostly play at and have some success. Don't think he'll be an all star or anything like that but a solid player.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think Muhamd was better SF choice but I'm biased. Bennet could turn out better or worse. I think shabazz is just a guy you can pencil in numbers for like Barnes or Parsons

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I agree that Shabazz will be a good NBA player but I guess since the Cavs couldn't unload that 1st overall pick they didn't want to reach THAT much for him even though still reached anyways.

I keep laughing at this Dwight Howard doesn't wanna be in a fast pace system but one where he is more in the post report. Given his ability you'd think a fast pace system would be ideal. Think it would be amazing if he went to a team like Golden State where it'd be like when he was in Orlando but on steroids in terms of him having amazing shooters around him. Seeming like he it's gonna be Mavs or Rockets though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I laughed at the dwight was in houston house shopping reports. They had it on the radio, and the whole time dwight is on instagram posting videos playing with kids at summer camp in ucla for the day.

As for GS, they gon need some lube to get him. You know damn well they are ponying up Bogut and one of Barnes/Klay to do any S&T. Same thing with the Clippers giving up Blake. Mitch ain't walking away without something from them for him to stay in Cali. Likewise Pau's future is tied to him. It's said by Ding, Shelborune, McMenemin, and Stephen A that if Dwight stays PAu gets amnestied and Metta tarts at PF. If Dwight leaves, Pau stays and Metta gets amnestied

I'm okay with Dwight signing up for another team if its S&T aside from Houston who won't cough up Parsons. I mean if Dwight wanted to be the clear cut guy in Dallas and made that clear, would Cuban S&T Dirk for him and totally clear their cap for other FAs and dwights buddies? GS is giving up Bogut and Klay/Barnes, in fact I'm sure Mitch would try for all 3 even or at least 2 of them and Rush. Theres Atllanta who would likely move Horford to clear cap for him, Josh, and some perimeter guys. I'm cool with any of that.

Fuck it Dwight can walk for nothing, and Phil can walk in, and I'd smile my ass off

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If Phil walked thru that door, or even Rambis with Phil as a consultant who stayed in LA like Tex, I'd be happy. If Dwight walked he walked, but I wouldn't be against a one year deal where they sign LO, Luke, Fish, Jordan, and Sasha for the minimum for a year to re-institute the triangle and still be able to play FA in the next summer. Then Keep Pau and Metta. Logically Kobe and Pau would sign for less anyhow after the season so you can just get a guy like Melo this coming summer to join them. Hell the team would be more fucking likable than watching Duhon, Morris, Ebanks, and Sacre all get time.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Dwight's indecisiveness makes me take any report with a grain of salt at this point. I do think he wants to be in a place where he'd be the man but without the huge limelight pressure like he has and will have in L.A which is why I doubt he wants to comeback. In which case if I'm L.A I try and get something back in return in a S & T rather than let him walk for nothing. As for GS the point of doing a s & t with the Lakers would be cause they would need to cut cap to afford him so trading away low salaries who happen to be core players like Barnes and Klay wouldn't make sense. They both together are only gonna barely make over 5 mill next year. Realistically would be Bogut with expiring contracts like Jefferson, Rush and Biedrins stocked with draft picks to make it work.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
And the lakers also didnt have to facilitate Dwight to GS, so it would be one of Klay or Barnes coming back. It would be Mitch vs West at that point. There would have to be a concession of a swingman. No way you eat Biedrins or RJ alongside Bogut without getting one of those two back. Its like trading with the clippers and taking Deandre over Blake.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I could see them putting Barnes in that but not Klay with as much as they seem like having the claim to having one of if not the best shooting backcourt.. don't see it happening though think they would try dumping Bogut and those salaries (Should amensty Biedrins if they wanna take a shot at Dwight) on someone else who needed a big before they do that. My predict though is that he'll go to Houston.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
In the second dumbest amnesty of all time, they amnestied Charlie Bells deal which only had a year on it for 5mil. They can't amnesty Biedrins, which is why they have to give to get.

Whats the dumbest amnesty, you ask? The Knicks. They picked up Chauncey's option, then amnestied him the same week because Chandler became an available free agent. The fact that he was already available and they could have signed him outright and not paid Chauncey millions of dollars too, and could use it on Amare badly right now makes them just a big stupider than GS

Notorious

Reaction score
I feel sorry for Celtics fans who basically are gonna see their team give up two hall of fame players get traded for virtually nothing.

Not really. Brooks is a fine prospect plus those three picks are great to have.

The Celtics as of now are set to have 6 first round picks over the next three drafts and 9 first round picks over the next five drafts. And I'm sure the numbers will change since Danny Ainge will probably make a lot of trades but the Celtics are in fine position.

I think Danny Ainge's plan or hope for Gerald Wallace is that he has a bounce-back year of some sorts in Boston to get his value up and then Danny ships him off ASAP.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
At the time I made that comment Brooks wasn't apart of the deal. Him being in it helps it. If there plan is to tank hard so they can get Andrew Wiggins then long term wise It'll work out but this coming season is going to be rough.