Obama is pretty pathetic right now and I am laughing hysterically

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

scottcs88

Reaction score
So Obama has an announce that he supports Gay Marriage ... Now I am all for gay marriage and believe gays should have rights to be marry. But and this is a big but. I am calling Obama's bullshit right now. Obama doesn't care about this subject. He is using it to buy votes because he lost the black community and now he wants the gay community votes and he is trying everything possible .I think this might be the first election I am voting just to vote against Obama.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
That's pretty much the thing most people dislike about him, he's ineffectual and no one knows what he really wants anymore.

However his opponents are just so terrible you don't really have a choice. Ron Paul was pretty popular I guess.

And who's he running against btw? (forgive the Australian)

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Every President since JFK died has been pretty much a celebrity, so Obama is a doing a good job in my mind.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
That's nice and all except he's a democrat. Generally, democrats support, or at the very least, accept gay marriage. He's not 'buying votes' as you'd phrase it, he's rallying for supporters which is what each and every presidential candidate in the history of this country has done. Do you think Obama and Romney should sit in their offices and do nothing for the next couple of months until a winner is decided or what?

Also, he hasn't lost the black community. Where you conjure up that illusion is beyond me. And even if he did lose the black community, Mitt Romney certainly hasn't won it.

A lot of people look at Obama and can agree that he hasn't fixed the economy. Which he hasn't. But at least when they see Obama they see a guy who's going to give everyone a chance and put some stuff into motion to benefit those in need. Meanwhile, Mitt wreaks of evil politician. His look, his speaking, and his policies are even clearly geared toward making the rich folks richer, while providing very little aid to those who aren't making ends meet.

So with that being said, you keep on laughing hysterically. Meanwhile, Mr. Obama will be riding those chuckles right back to the White House this year. Because he's a straight forward president that isn't going to feed you bullshit. The public enjoy Obama. He's a family man and he's going to be re-elected. Not because I want him to, but because that's just the way it is.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not to mention you know it is possible for a person to genuinely change their mind once and awhile.

Pete

Reaction score
I genuinely don't get the Obama hate. Now, I don't live in the US, but from where I stand, he's a huge improvement over the past two presidents, and I can't believe there's people who actually want Dubya back. Is everyone in America stupid?! Way to enforce the stereotype! :p

People will ALWAYS rag on politicians. That's a fact. Few politicians will ever be consensual. But Obama is far from the worst there could have been.

I guess it's like when, in my country, older people say things were much better under the dictator who was President from the 1940s to the 1970s, and then name him for national figure of the century... Just doesn't make sense.

scottcs88

Reaction score
He is not straight forward. If Obama truly cared about the subject he would of done everything in his power 4 years ago. Funny how he does not bring it up till this years election because he knew he was going to lose....

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good on him for backing it, never understood how people can be against it, straight people have done a terrible job at marriage so I can't see how same sex couples will hurt. Plus it doesn't effect anyone other than the couple getting married so people shouldn't care as long as it is between two consenting adults. As for Obama's timing he is a POLITICIAN, they all play the game unfortunately and he would have been told by his advisors that it would be smart to announce it at that certain fundraising effort. Don't blame Obama blame the entire political system.

Obama has done okay considering the cards he was dealt. He took over one of the worst economies the US had seen in decades and unfortunately things don't turn around over night. Basically though the entire US system needs an overhaul because it isn't working, the parties need to work together, they are there to serve the people and not there to block as many bills from the other part as possible. The US is in that much debt that taxes need to be raised and welfare needs to be cut, both parties need to give in and allow it to happen. Also the US could easily cut tens of billions from the defence budget as well, the tens of thousands of troops in Europe aren't needed and aircraft carriers are useless in wars these days so 11 of them aren't required. They also need to change the insurance system, employers shouldn't offer insurance it should simply be done through private insurance companies like what happens in all other developed countries where everyone is covered. Way too many issues that need to be sorted out and it is too much for one person.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Stances on subjects can be both genuine and used for political purposes, the two are not mutually exclusive.

also, putting people into demographics is a lazy way to look at things, that is what is splitting America up into two ideologies that doesn't do their country any favours.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Just seems like it is the thing to do now to hate on the man cause the country isn't fixed. Fact of the matter is the country didn't get fucked up overnight so it isn't gonna get fixed overnight either. Far as this goes this isn't a valid reason to call him pathetic and flatliner pretty much covered it.

Reaction score
I don't think Obama is pathetic. It's great that he is pushing for gay marriage. Maybe he is doing it to get votes or maybe he actually does believe that same sex couples are entitled to get married. It doesn't really matter. Most politicians say things that they don't actually believe in or that they don't pursue once they are elected. Nonetheless, I rather see Obama as president rather than have someone else take his place. He's a good guy, most of us can relate to him and he has stuck to some of his promises.

Yes, the United States still hasn't recovered from the economic recession but as others have pointed out, it will take a very long time for that to happen.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Expecting things to get fixed when the people who are the opposition do nothing but throw barriers in your way to do something is why shit doesn't get done, it's a weird thing American politics is, I don't see it this type of behavior in other politics. Then again, I don't really see much of outside politics.

It's like rooting for the other team to lose, but it's not a game. The only loser is the country.

Reaction score
Expecting things to get fixed when the people who are the opposition do nothing but throw barriers in your way to do something is why shit doesn't get done, it's a weird thing American politics is, I don't see it this type of behavior in other politics. Then again, I don't really see much of outside politics.

It's like rooting for the other team to lose, but it's not a game. The only loser is the country.

Yes, very true. Even though he is the president of the USA, there is the opposition that keeps holding him back. He and Michelle have wanted to do so many wonderful things but they kept getting turned down.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Living outside of US I can't comment too much on Obama's reign so far. Clearly it has been a big improvement over Bush, he is a good speaker, a likeable character and seems to have had a mostly postive effect on the country as whole. On the other hand I don't think to date he has really delivered like many had hoped, but what I will say is that he needs two terms in office to be fully judged because of the factors mentioned by deezy and fallen Angel.

This has to be seen as a good thing even if it is partly just to gain votes in the run up to the election. Maybe he should get started on it, rather than posting about it on Twitter however.

Ryan

Reaction score
That's nice and all except he's a democrat. Generally, democrats support, or at the very least, accept gay marriage. He's not 'buying votes' as you'd phrase it, he's rallying for supporters which is what each and every presidential candidate in the history of this country has done. Do you think Obama and Romney should sit in their offices and do nothing for the next couple of months until a winner is decided or what?

Also, he hasn't lost the black community. Where you conjure up that illusion is beyond me. And even if he did lose the black community, Mitt Romney certainly hasn't won it.

A lot of people look at Obama and can agree that he hasn't fixed the economy. Which he hasn't. But at least when they see Obama they see a guy who's going to give everyone a chance and put some stuff into motion to benefit those in need. Meanwhile, Mitt wreaks of evil politician. His look, his speaking, and his policies are even clearly geared toward making the rich folks richer, while providing very little aid to those who aren't making ends meet.

So with that being said, you keep on laughing hysterically. Meanwhile, Mr. Obama will be riding those chuckles right back to the White House this year. Because he's a straight forward president that isn't going to feed you bullshit. The public enjoy Obama. He's a family man and he's going to be re-elected. Not because I want him to, but because that's just the way it is.

I agree that he may have supported it all along, but he would not have even come out with that if Joe Biden wasn't always running his mouth. Obviously, Obama hasn't lost the black community cause they voted for him the first time simply because he's black and they'll do that again. Maybe there are some black people who vote with their heads, but thinking inner city minorities aren't simply voting for Obama because he's black is laughable. The fact is that the most important issue is the economy and Obama's economic policies have failed. Clearly spending money on deficit isn't going to solve the world's problems this time around. As far as I can see, the turn around in the economy that we've seen as of late is purely due to the cyclical nature of economies; that's just basic economics. Obama is leaning too much on Keynesian economics, there's other schools of thought.

There's no way the Obama's getting re-elected this year. People don't care if he supports gay marriage, they care about whether or not their job will be there tomorrow. The democrats aren't going to vote Republican over that issue and vice versa. The economy is the key issue, everything else is secondary. Romney might be a bit of a sleaze, but to think Obama isn't as well is just ignorant. They're career politicians, they're both just telling us what we want to hear. Ron Paul is really what we need right now, but he's too moderate so he'll never get elected and that's unfortunate.

Last edited: