Obama is pretty pathetic right now and I am laughing hysterically

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Disagree on both fronts. First of all it is pretty offensive to black people to lup them all together and say that they can't think for themselves and will just vote for Obama because he has the same skin colour as them. Second at the moment it is looking very much like he will get in for a second term purely because of how weak the others in the running are.

Ryan

Reaction score
First of all, the amount of attention to political correctness in this country is sickening beyond sickening. I'm making an observation based on racial groups that is absolutely true. I didn't group all black people together, I said that thinking that inner city blacks didn't vote for Obama because he was black is laughable and that's true. The last election saw the biggest turn out of black voters ever. Am I saying there aren't intelligent blacks? No. There are many intelligent blacks. Some of the best knows doctors/scholars/etc in the world are black but I can't see how anyone can deny that some of this is coming down to race. Second of all, in many polls, even the ones shown on the more left leaning news channels, Romney is leading Obama. Both candidates look weak. I'm sorry for this country having to choose between either of these candidates, but Romney is the lesser of the two evils.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
He is not straight forward. If Obama truly cared about the subject he would of done everything in his power 4 years ago. Funny how he does not bring it up till this years election because he knew he was going to lose....

You are quite the idiot. Gay marriage is already in swing in multiple states at this point. He has never spoken out in opposition against it , never tried to step in to fight it, and has in fact stated that he has supported it in the past. Also, he was never going to lose. Not four years ago, not a week ago, and not now. If you knew even an ounce about politics in this country, it's pretty clear he'll be winning again this year, if things continue to go as they are. By the way he does beat George W. though I wouldn't say he beats Clinton, because he was only a problem in his social life. He did some good stuff for the economy during his time. I'd say the last GREAT president was old Ronny, though. I don't choose parties, I base my opinions on people off of their individual policies and their execution. I don't think 2012 is the year we're going to fix all of our problems, with Obama or Romney, quite frankly. I hope by 2016 we've got some competent nominees though, unlike this batch of dipshit republicans we were treated to this year. From Newt to Perry to Romney and even Bachman, there was a terrible pool of opponents for Obama. They did account for many of my favorite segments on The Colbert Report and The Daily Show this past year, though. Props for that.

EDIT: On a final note, I like Ron Paul. He's just at an unfortunate disadvantage as per his lack of charisma and inability to rally support. Also, I agree that republicans trying to destroy democrats and democrats trying to destroy republicans just for the sake of it, and not for the better of the country is an atrocious theme indeed. Regardless of what party you support, everyone should agree that the best economist and politician deserves the job. Whoever is going to help this country lessen it's debt, regardless of their beliefs regarding marriage, abortion, or legalization deserves the office. I still believe that's Obama, personally, though surely the next FDR, JFK or Ronald Reagan is out there somewhere waiting for his opportunity. I just hope he comes forward before it's too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Why don't we have a thread for the 2012 presidential election? This is basically turning into that anyway. I think it's a good thread to have.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Why don't we have a thread for the 2012 presidential election? This is basically turning into that anyway. I think it's a good thread to have.

Nobody made it feel free to, but I think it's a bit early for that September seems better for a full fledged thread maybe even a temporary sub section. But politics on forums can also bring a lot of drama.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't get the appeal with Mitt Romney at all. The guy its politics personified. That painfully fake smile and the moderate stance on everything... He doesn't seem like a man with any true principles and totally generic.

Obama has been ineffectual in upholding his stated policy and there's some abiguity about him. But why Romney? My how the standards how lowered.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
First of all, the amount of attention to political correctness in this country is sickening beyond sickening. I'm making an observation based on racial groups that is absolutely true. I didn't group all black people together, I said that thinking that inner city blacks didn't vote for Obama because he was black is laughable and that's true. The last election saw the biggest turn out of black voters ever. Am I saying there aren't intelligent blacks? No. There are many intelligent blacks. Some of the best knows doctors/scholars/etc in the world are black but I can't see how anyone can deny that some of this is coming down to race. Second of all, in many polls, even the ones shown on the more left leaning news channels, Romney is leading Obama. Both candidates look weak. I'm sorry for this country having to choose between either of these candidates, but Romney is the lesser of the two evils.

But I think race was more of a factor last time than it will be this time, things have moved on.

I think you are placing too much importance on early polls, they often do not paint a true picture. I don't think Labour are suddernly favourites to win the next UK election because of a postive Bi-Election result.

Ryan

Reaction score
I don't get the appeal with Mitt Romney at all. The guy its politics personified. That painfully fake smile and the moderate stance on everything... He doesn't seem like a man with any true principles and totally generic.

Obama has been ineffectual in upholding his stated policy and there's some abiguity about him. But why Romney? My how the standards how lowered.

I'm not a huge Mitt Romney fan, but I think he's the lesser of two evils for sure. Like I said, I'm a Ron Paul fan. His ideas are good and he says what he feels, not what the crowds want to hear but America falls for the same trick every time when we think that a politician is telling us anything more than what we want to be told.

But I think race was more of a factor last time than it will be this time, things have moved on.

I think you are placing too much importance on early polls, they often do not paint a true picture. I don't think Labour are suddernly favourites to win the next UK election because of a postive Bi-Election result.

I think you're right. Often times, the pre-election polls are wrong, especially since statistics are easily manipulated, but currently that's really all I have to go on. Both candidates have dedicated support basins so only time will tell.

SAL

Reaction score

No buzzworthy Republicans were ready this year. When Christie backed out, Mitch Daniels backed out, Sarah Palin decided to be a pretty person on TV for a living, the Republicans basically punted. You can tell because virtually no young Republicans with futures want to be a part of Romney's ticket.

Ryan

Reaction score
No buzzworthy Republicans were ready this year. When Christie backed out, Mitch Daniels backed out, Sarah Palin decided to be a pretty person on TV for a living, the Republicans basically punted. You can tell because virtually no young Republicans with futures want to be a part of Romney's ticket.

Sarah Palin is a joke. She's a reality TV star now but even before that, no one would've elected her. Christie could still become Romney's VP. He's a conservative God right now. I think people would vote for Romney simply because Christie is his VP and I know Christie has said no a VP run previously but think about this for a second: not only will it groom him for a presidential run, he'll look better than the president as VP and then he could run for president in the future and win.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That Rupublican nominational campaign just shows how serious the US takes their politics.

Leaders are not supposed to be people you want to have a beer with, they are people who are supposed to govern your country and lead you into the future.

The founding fathers of America wouldn't get elected in this day and age, nor would their policies be done.

When the fuck did politics turn into reality TV/rasslin?

Atleast my joke of a conservative prime minister wouldn't turn my country backwards on social issues.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He stayed mute on the topic a few days before announcing this when he was asked straight up about it. Guess he had to consult with his advisers before it seemed like a good idea to condone gay marriage.

Either way, he's going to get the gay vote for it, but we'll see if he actually takes any serious steps to support it. My guess is "no".

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell".

Has already done more for homersexuals than most also far.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sarah Palin is a joke. She's a reality TV star now but even before that, no one would've elected her. Christie could still become Romney's VP. He's a conservative God right now. I think people would vote for Romney simply because Christie is his VP and I know Christie has said no a VP run previously but think about this for a second: not only will it groom him for a presidential run, he'll look better than the president as VP and then he could run for president in the future and win.

Yeah don't think they were ever going to use Palin again after the disater last time.