NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Still waiting for damn Uhaa to debut. Hopefully it happens at Takeover in Brooklyn!

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
1470105_1054308487913273_4155737586949683837_n.jpg

Snowman1

Reaction score
Might as well name him Apollo Creed!

But still, not a bad name.

But that's not african american enough! He looks like Terry Crews! :why:

Seriously, I can't wait for this.

Also @Leo C little did either of us know how wonderful this would be.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Well, looks like they mixed up Apollo Creed and Terry Crews and the end result was Apollo Crews!

I am looking forward to his NXT run!

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week on NXT TV:

- Bayley vs Charlotte was a good show opener.

- KO/Cole segment was fine.

- Another [HASHTAG]#TimeToGetBullFit[/HASHTAG] vignette. Love this stuff, it's hilarious! :lol1:

- Some shitty Baron Corbin 'match'. Piss break

- Tyler Breeze squashed some jabroni. Meh, seeing Corbin matches every week is more than enough. Give Breeze something better!
Regal came after the match and announced Breeze will be facing Jushin Thunder Liger in Brooklyn! Can't wait!

- Uhaa Nation's vignette is aired. His new name is Apollo Crews and he'll debut at Takeover in Brooklyn. I'm hyped!

- The Bálor interview was aight!

- Hype Bros vs Dawson & Wilder was OK, I guess.

- Regal is backstage and gives The Vaudevillians a tag title rematch at Takeover: Brooklyn
What the actual fuck? I was really hoping we'd get a triple-threat with Zo & Cass added to the match and of course, Zo & Cass would win the titles in Brooklyn, it's in their backyard, so to speak. But this way, them not being in the title match had better mean they're going to the main roster very soon!

- Another Bullfit vignette is shown. YOU CAN DO IT, BULL!

- Samoa Joe vs Rhyno was a decent ME.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Holy fuck, I haven't seen the latest NXT yet but I am so hyped for NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn, mainly because Finn motherfuckin' Balor and the largest NXT crowd ever a day before Summerslam.

Apollo Crews looks epic AF, I like the name and he looks like he could be a future WWE World Heavyweight Championship. One question though, do they normally put debuting superstars in squash matches or could we see a nice 5 minute long match with him?

Oh, and where is Solomon Crowe? I loved his debut but I didn't hear much about him afterwards.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score

Seriously, I can't wait for this.

Also @Leo C little did either of us know how wonderful this would be.
Seriously, this has to be the best name I've ever seen in the history of wrestling. It's even better than Punishment Martinez.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Seriously, this has to be the best name I've ever seen in the history of wrestling. It's even better than Punishment Martinez.

Haha, not just that but the amazingness of Bull Dempsey. :yay:

And no. Apollo Crews is wonderful for so many reasons, but... Punishment Martinez? That can't be topped! :yay:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Wow. Usually I'll catch NXT before LUG since... lets be honest, usually this show just can't measure up, especially against ULTIMA LUCHA, but this show actually held its own during the Wednesday Night Wars. Was pretty surprised by this one...

But much of that came from the opener. In my opinion, Charlotte vs Bayley at Takeover Fatal 4-Way was the best women's match last year, and this one may have been the best eight minutes or less one for the same reasons: the story and just how easy it is to get behind these characters. Bayley's always been the black sheep of the girls, the worst athlete, the least seasoned, the most awkward worker of the bunch, delivering sloppy little-impact bridging suplexes while Charlotte and Sasha and Becky will knee your face, fall in a flip and kick your freakin' head off... But they don't run from that, that's how she's packaged. What worked so well about the first match was that after all this heart and hard work and kindness and lessons from Zayn... she lost to the chick who was simply better than her. Now, fast forward to today, and now she's facing the second-generation Flair again and, with the storyline being Bayley running through people to get to Sasha it may have felt predictable, the history between these two (not to mention going WAY back when) made it work. Charlotte had her scouted most of the time, she had total control of the match, and she had to find unorthodox ways to get offense because that's what Chick Rockstar Spud has to do. Then the finisher kickouts come, which felt more like they should instead of when Cena does them... That leads to an awkward reverse and a second rope finisher, the well-earned show of respect, and Bayley conquered the biggest obstacle she ever had. Awesome, awesome stuff.

So, how do you follow these last 2 hours and 10 minutes of incredibly enjoyable wrestling? With Baron Corbin killing some dude. :facepalm1:

Seriously, can we call this good heat yet? You can just hear the groans in the arena over the revving of the bike engine at this point. People are really sick of seeing Baron Corbin at this point, and... With the way NXT caters to crowd reactions and listens to its audience, do you think they really think this'll get this jamoke (no, I have no idea what that means) over?

and how do you follow that downer? With Kevin Owens blowing off Michael Cole. :yay: Thank you, NXT! That was perfect! Haha, if only we could see this in the actual news.

"Ma'am, can you explain to me the emotions when your house caught on fire earlier today"
*...lady gets up, grabs the microphone, throws it on on the ground and walks away*

Speaking of great characters, hi William Regal! Heard someone mention how he and Cueto are like long-lost brothers, and it's true. Both ignore face and heel alignments to do what's right. Both come across as incredibly effective and in control, but while Dario Cueto will screw over anyone and everyone in the name of compelling TV and VIOLENCE, Regal wants order and justice for everyone from the Vaudeheroes to the dude who punched him in the mouth a couple of weeks ago. Owens got his rematch because he deserves one, even though Regal would stretch that dude in half if he could, just like he gave Gotch and English a rematch against Two Dudes for getting screwed over and not attacking a woman... But who's the woman going to be???....... Hey now, there's an excuse to get Paige back on NXT since she's in black and white already!

However, not having Zo and Cass win the tag titles in Brooklyn is still incredibly dumb. Guess they're main roster bound.

Tyler Breeze killing a jobber while being extremely upset that he was booked to just kill a jobber was the thing I never knew I needed in my life. He's so great. Please stay down here forever, T-Breezy.

So this is the Uhaa Nation dude y'all have been hyping up? This guy looked SICK in these little video packages - shoot, if this is some Bobby Lashley looking dude throwing standing moonsaults and face dropkicks, they could have kept his name "Coming Soon" and our hype would be off the charts! And judging from this, it looks like he'll be facing Solomon Crowe at Takeover? Sounds awesome! Can't wait!

Please, no more Finn Balor interviews... speaking of hype, the Bros' hype train rolls along and I just can't get off it. WHY IS THIS TEAM WORKING SO WELL. Can't shake the feelin'. That lovin' feeling. That one's for you Aids

and then THE BEST THING EVER. :lol1: How on earth can the worst thing on these shows, in ANY company (besides TNA), suddenly be the best? It's becoming a trend. The Unlikely Trio, the New Day... Bull! Bull! Bull! Oh my goodness when this dude finally lifted that weight... And did it again... It was a HUGE markout moment. YAY Bull! You can do it... :please: :yay: Come on man, show that little ball thing who's boss! Don't let that chick show you up like that, get your sprints in! Wreck that mannequ-AHHHAHAHAHA. Evil, manical laughter in his mind as he wrecks everything in the whole place... but one last challenge... :please:

this was SO AWESOME. Made the opening segment feel like 2 years ago. Ran around in a circle in celebration by the end and expect LOTS of usage of any gif from this. :)

and then Samoa Joe busts his ass against a real opponent and puts on his first good match on NXT! :yay: This really was a good show, wasn't it? Finally, we got to see signs of the Joe that got so much hype in TNA despite not doing shit for so long. 300 pounder did a missile-dive and standing enziguris all while throwing Rhyno around like nothing. Fantastic, and big props to Rhyno who's always been "ECW legend!!!!" everywhere, and now that he's in a place where he can stand on his own this guy's become a really good upper mid-card big. Any way we can get him on Raw to take Kane's spot?

Anyway, watch this show. And then Ultima Lucha. And then a good Raw. And then the G1 Climax. Wrestling is awesome.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Wow. Usually I'll catch NXT before LUG since... lets be honest, usually this show just can't measure up, especially against ULTIMA LUCHA, but this show actually held its own during the Wednesday Night Wars. Was pretty surprised by this one...

But much of that came from the opener. In my opinion, Charlotte vs Bayley at Takeover Fatal 4-Way was the best women's match last year, and this one may have been the best eight minutes or less one for the same reasons: the story and just how easy it is to get behind these characters. Bayley's always been the black sheep of the girls, the worst athlete, the least seasoned, the most awkward worker of the bunch, delivering sloppy little-impact bridging suplexes while Charlotte and Sasha and Becky will knee your face, fall in a flip and kick your freakin' head off... But they don't run from that, that's how she's packaged. What worked so well about the first match was that after all this heart and hard work and kindness and lessons from Zayn... she lost to the chick who was simply better than her. Now, fast forward to today, and now she's facing the second-generation Flair again and, with the storyline being Bayley running through people to get to Sasha it may have felt predictable, the history between these two (not to mention going WAY back when) made it work. Charlotte had her scouted most of the time, she had total control of the match, and she had to find unorthodox ways to get offense because that's what Chick Rockstar Spud has to do. Then the finisher kickouts come, which felt more like they should instead of when Cena does them... That leads to an awkward reverse and a second rope finisher, the well-earned show of respect, and Bayley conquered the biggest obstacle she ever had. Awesome, awesome stuff.

So, how do you follow these last 2 hours and 10 minutes of incredibly enjoyable wrestling? With Baron Corbin killing some dude. :facepalm1:

Seriously, can we call this good heat yet? You can just hear the groans in the arena over the revving of the bike engine at this point. People are really sick of seeing Baron Corbin at this point, and... With the way NXT caters to crowd reactions and listens to its audience, do you think they really think this'll get this jamoke (no, I have no idea what that means) over?

and how do you follow that downer? With Kevin Owens blowing off Michael Cole. :yay: Thank you, NXT! That was perfect! Haha, if only we could see this in the actual news.

"Ma'am, can you explain to me the emotions when your house caught on fire earlier today"
*...lady gets up, grabs the microphone, throws it on on the ground and walks away*

Speaking of great characters, hi William Regal! Heard someone mention how he and Cueto are like long-lost brothers, and it's true. Both ignore face and heel alignments to do what's right. Both come across as incredibly effective and in control, but while Dario Cueto will screw over anyone and everyone in the name of compelling TV and VIOLENCE, Regal wants order and justice for everyone from the Vaudeheroes to the dude who punched him in the mouth a couple of weeks ago. Owens got his rematch because he deserves one, even though Regal would stretch that dude in half if he could, just like he gave Gotch and English a rematch against Two Dudes for getting screwed over and not attacking a woman... But who's the woman going to be???....... Hey now, there's an excuse to get Paige back on NXT since she's in black and white already!

However, not having Zo and Cass win the tag titles in Brooklyn is still incredibly dumb. Guess they're main roster bound.

Tyler Breeze killing a jobber while being extremely upset that he was booked to just kill a jobber was the thing I never knew I needed in my life. He's so great. Please stay down here forever, T-Breezy.

So this is the Uhaa Nation dude y'all have been hyping up? This guy looked SICK in these little video packages - shoot, if this is some Bobby Lashley looking dude throwing standing moonsaults and face dropkicks, they could have kept his name "Coming Soon" and our hype would be off the charts! And judging from this, it looks like he'll be facing Solomon Crowe at Takeover? Sounds awesome! Can't wait!

Please, no more Finn Balor interviews... speaking of hype, the Bros' hype train rolls along and I just can't get off it. WHY IS THIS TEAM WORKING SO WELL. Can't shake the feelin'. That lovin' feeling. That one's for you Aids

and then THE BEST THING EVER. :lol1: How on earth can the worst thing on these shows, in ANY company (besides TNA), suddenly be the best? It's becoming a trend. The Unlikely Trio, the New Day... Bull! Bull! Bull! Oh my goodness when this dude finally lifted that weight... And did it again... It was a HUGE markout moment. YAY Bull! You can do it... :please: :yay: Come on man, show that little ball thing who's boss! Don't let that chick show you up like that, get your sprints in! Wreck that mannequ-AHHHAHAHAHA. Evil, manical laughter in his mind as he wrecks everything in the whole place... but one last challenge... :please:

this was SO AWESOME. Made the opening segment feel like 2 years ago. Ran around in a circle in celebration by the end and expect LOTS of usage of any gif from this. :)

and then Samoa Joe busts his ass against a real opponent and puts on his first good match on NXT! :yay: This really was a good show, wasn't it? Finally, we got to see signs of the Joe that got so much hype in TNA despite not doing shit for so long. 300 pounder did a missile-dive and standing enziguris all while throwing Rhyno around like nothing. Fantastic, and big props to Rhyno who's always been "ECW legend!!!!" everywhere, and now that he's in a place where he can stand on his own this guy's become a really good upper mid-card big. Any way we can get him on Raw to take Kane's spot?

Anyway, watch this show. And then Ultima Lucha. And then a good Raw. And then the G1 Climax. Wrestling is awesome.
Usual legendary review, but Raw before the G1 Climax? I am disappoint.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Usual legendary review, but Raw before the G1 Climax? I am disappoint.

Fixed! :eek:tunga:

This one... Towards the end I really felt like it could have been better, because dude. Bull Dempsey. DUDE.