NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Talk about the 'out of shape/goofy' gimmick... Looks like this side (from his indy days) of Bull Dempsey will be coming back.
:booker2:
tumblr_npvnkovxTE1rg89a6o2_400.jpg

tumblr_npvnkovxTE1rg89a6o1_500.jpg

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Underwhelming episode, although it sucks calling it like that.

- Enzo, Cass & Carmella vs Blake, Murphy & Alexa was an OK show opener. Hoping to see Zo & Cass as the
new tag champs at next Takeover.

- Joe's promo was aight.

- The "Who is Finn Bálor? - Part 1" was awesome! Looking forward to seeing more of it.

- Charlotte vs KC Cassidy was OK.

- The "Finn Bálor arrives" vignette was awesome!

- Samoa Joe vs KO was a decent ME.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Ya know.. I was just thinking about that ME. Saw some reactions to it and kinda wondered something, and I want to hear @Danielson 's take on this as an old-school ROH guy.

I always respected Samoa Joe. He's always been looked at as a TNA legend, and most people know him more for his ROH run. People look back on his classic matches with Kenta Kobashi, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, the list goes on and on... But it seems like so many of these matches and feuds were from 2005 or 2006. This guy hasn't done much of anything relevant since then, and blame TNA booking all you want (and the biggest knock on Joe is that he only gives effort when you put him in angles that he's motivated to get over, ala Randy Orton, and he dealt with a whole lot of crap) but people tend to remember him fondly for things that happened 10 years ago.

Is there any chance this guy just doesn't have it anymore? Maybe he may not be that special in the current landscape? Hell, Samoa Joe was kicking ass in 2012 as part of the team with Magnus and leading the BFG Series and nobody wanted to talk about him.

Or maybe he can be like Kenta, who put on asstastic matches with the Ascension before he figured out how the WWE Style can work for him. Who knows?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, the main event was nothing special. They must have been holding back, it's obviously not the last match they'll have (thus the no contest), but still, not great. We'll wait.
I also find it funny how it gets more and more obvious Hideo was supposed to win the three way. I mean, for SURE they had this Japan show planned for him to win the strap on his home country.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yeah, the main event was nothing special. They must have been holding back, it's obviously not the last match they'll have (thus the no contest), but still, not great. We'll wait.
I also find it funny how it gets more and more obvious Hideo was supposed to win the three way. I mean, for SURE they had this Japan show planned for him to win the strap on his home country.

Can't disagree with anything here.

Yeah, if Hideo didn't get hurt, he would've won that thing, I'm like 110% sure he'd have won with Breeze eating the pin.
Now, KO vs Bálor is the ME and seeing as how they've protected Bálor (click here), he has to be taking the title away from Owens in Japan on July 4th, for sure.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score

Yeah, if Hideo didn't get hurt, he would've won that thing, I'm like 110% sure he'd have won with Breeze eating the pin.
Now, KO vs Bálor is the ME and seeing as how they've protected Bálor (click here), he has to be taking the title away from Owens in Japan on July 4th, for sure.
Especially considering that mini documentary/awesome video package that spans through multiple episodes they got. It's pretty obvious indeed.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Especially considering that mini documentary/awesome video package that spans through multiple episodes they got. It's pretty obvious indeed.

There'll be more of those awesome videos, considering this week's one was named "Who is Finn Bálor? - Part 1". I'm hyped to see the rest.

What's gonna be even more awesome is the fact that live event in Japan will be aired in its entirety.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

WWE can also spin the loss by Owens as having happened in Japan that it doesn't really hurt Owens.

Sort of like in the early 90s, the British Bulldog would beat guys in England that he normally wouldn't defeat somewhere else. They play up the home field advantage more when it's a foreign country.

Again, not that losing to Balor needs to be defended, but Owens is the hottest heel in both WWE and NXT and they won't want to weaken that.

I love Owens but I'll be pulling for Balor.

It's actually funny because I never really cared much for Kevin Steen before. I'm not sure if I'm liking him because he's been taking it to Cena or what, but he fits in perfectly in WWE at the moment.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
WWE can also spin the loss by Owens as having happened in Japan that it doesn't really hurt Owens.

Sort of like in the early 90s, the British Bulldog would beat guys in England that he normally wouldn't defeat somewhere else. They play up the home field advantage more when it's a foreign country.

Again, not that losing to Balor needs to be defended, but Owens is the hottest heel in both WWE and NXT and they won't want to weaken that.

I love Owens but I'll be pulling for Balor.

It's actually funny because I never really cared much for Kevin Steen before. I'm not sure if I'm liking him because he's been taking it to Cena or what, but he fits in perfectly in WWE at the moment.

I totally agree here.

And losing to Bálor won't have to be defended, I think, they'll make up for it by having Owens defeat Cena for the US title at Battleground.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Ya know.. I was just thinking about that ME. Saw some reactions to it and kinda wondered something, and I want to hear @Danielson 's take on this as an old-school ROH guy.

I always respected Samoa Joe. He's always been looked at as a TNA legend, and most people know him more for his ROH run. People look back on his classic matches with Kenta Kobashi, Bryan Danielson, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, the list goes on and on... But it seems like so many of these matches and feuds were from 2005 or 2006. This guy hasn't done much of anything relevant since then, and blame TNA booking all you want (and the biggest knock on Joe is that he only gives effort when you put him in angles that he's motivated to get over, ala Randy Orton, and he dealt with a whole lot of crap) but people tend to remember him fondly for things that happened 10 years ago.

Is there any chance this guy just doesn't have it anymore? Maybe he may not be that special in the current landscape? Hell, Samoa Joe was kicking ass in 2012 as part of the team with Magnus and leading the BFG Series and nobody wanted to talk about him.

Or maybe he can be like Kenta, who put on asstastic matches with the Ascension before he figured out how the WWE Style can work for him. Who knows?

I'll watch it today when I get up. Btw will be at smackdown Tuesday night in Toledo. Look for me wearing a ROH Bryan Danielson violent tshirt

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I haven't really seen Samoa Joe fight since ROH besides a few ppvs which I thougt were horrible but was never a TNA guy. Let me catch up on his stuff and I'll let ya know what I see

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I haven't really seen Samoa Joe fight since ROH besides a few ppvs which I thought were horrible but was never a TNA guy. Let me catch up on his stuff and I'll let ya know what I see

Nah man, it's cool, I was tagging ya more on your ROH experience, sure you enjoyed his run back when Danielson and the crew was there. As much as we lol at Smackdown, nothing beats live wrestling. Go enjoy it, even though we'll all keep our eyes healthy by not looking for you in the crowd. :eek:tunga:

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Nah man, it's cool, I was tagging ya more on your ROH experience, sure you enjoyed his run back when Danielson and the crew was there. As much as we lol at Smackdown, nothing beats live wrestling. Go enjoy it, even though we'll all keep our eyes healthy by not looking for you in the crowd. :eek:tunga:
I always thought punk and Danielson stood head and shoulders above him but credit to him for being athletic fat