NXT - Weekly TV Show Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The 6/24 ep was meh. Damn, I hope the product picks up soon.

- The opening segment was OK. LOL'd at KO for stumbling over his words, but then...
SHOOT OWENS SHOOT, he ends up saying he sounds as bad as Hideo trying to speak English.

- Enzo & Cass vs JJ & Lefort was meh and just too short.

- Dana "The Awful One" Brooke vs KC was a yawn fest.

- The "Who is Finn Bálor? Part 2" video package was awesome!

- The Hype Bros vs Fulton & Dawkins was meh.

- Another awesome "Finn Bálor arrives" vignette.

- Bálor vs Rhyno was a decent ME. Kevin Owens was great on commentary, though.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I was talking with someone who hasn't watched since Neville won the belt (personal issues, not the product) and he asked me how so many of his old faves are doing... talked about Colin Cassady who was breaking out as a single talking a bunch of shit, the reinvention of Tyson Kidd from "wrestler B" to "fact-dropping, cat-loving sarcastic jackass", the ongoing progression of the Bo Dallas character on NXT, having opera singers get confronted backstage by Luigi lookalike dudes, having Leva Bates run out as "the girl with Blue Pants" coming down to Colin's rendition of the Price is Right theme, the BFF's when Sasha and Charlotte were working together flawlessly, adorable lil' Bayley, and don't forget Tyler Breeze... While the ME segment had the more serious ongoing personal struggle of Sami Zayn, it was still so enjoyable... This show was just so much fun, man. Where did the fun go?

Suppose that after all the Bo Dallases and Adam Roses and Emmas of the world went to the main roster just for Vince to go "lolwtfisthisgarbage" and throw them in the trash heap that NXT had to transition into more generic, bland ass characters to get them ready for Raw... I hated this episode. I hated it, because watching these performers, it really struck me that if I was to make a fave-5 of NXT right now, Dana Brooke and Bull Dempsey would be on that list.

Admittedly though, this Hype Bros thing is... working for me? :robbie:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
SHOOT OWENS SHOOT
tumblr_nqhac1AbSP1t537two1_250.gif

tumblr_nqhac1AbSP1t537two2_250.gif

tumblr_nqhac1AbSP1t537two3_250.gif

tumblr_nqhac1AbSP1t537two4_250.gif

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The 7/1/15 episode was ehh... I don't know what to make of it. Besides the Bálor video package and the ME, it was not enjoyable.

- The Vaudevillains vs The Mechanics was okay for what it was.

- Baron Corbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Fuck this lame ass turd.

- The "Who is Finn Bálor? Part 3" was awesome!

- Emma vs Carmella was meh.

- LOL. Bull Dempsey and his outta shape gimmick. This smells like Vince. But, it looks like he's comfortable being a big, fat goof. So fuck it.

- Breeze vs Tye was meh, too short.

- Bálor & Joe vs KO & Rhyno was a decent ME.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Getting better, NXT. :)

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
This week's episode of NXT was okay.

- Sasha & Charlotte vs Dana "The Awful One" Brooke & Emma was okay.

- Crowe vs Marcus Louis was okay for what it was, I guess. I've said this before, but Marcus' new gimmick is hilariously bad.

- I'm wondering why Samoa Joe vs Axel Tischer wasn't aired? Oh, well...

- The Vaudevillains vs Enzo & Cass was okay.
Enzo and Cass are white-hot, yet The Vaudevillains, who I also like, get a shot at the titles and they'll most likely win 'em.
Just call up Zo & Cass to the main roster already.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Reaction score
I almost really really liked this episode of NXT... But it was more than close enough to be NXT again! :yay:

Part of it may be that I'm nowhere near as high on Balor as... well... Prince Balor is (go figure) but shit was it nice to see Sasha Banks again. Popped for that, was nice to be in the presence of a true star! :yay: And popped again for Sasha saying she'll take Dana and Emma on 2-on-1 and was eagerly anticipating Sasha doing dual crossfaces and double corner stomps and going into Super Boss Rush Mode before the predictable Charlotte run-in put a damper on everything. But shoot, at least NXT still has the self-awareness to play off their past history, and even the Full Sail Crowd went back to creating a new chant and throwing the "Sasha's Ratchet" chant onto Dana, where it freaking belongs. Really hope that becomes part of her character though, hell, if she's supposed to be the personification of everything wrong with women's wrestling... well... maybe that's just my little defense mechanism for actually typing out wanting to see EMMA lose 2 on 1 handicap matches. YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!!! GRRR WHOEVER DID THIS IF I CAN GET MY HANDS ON YOU... *calms down... deep breath*

The main thing that put a damper on this show were 2 things...
One: The commentators. Find new ones. Now.
Two: Two tag matches on one show, both felt like they were trying to get a story over (which is hard enough when the boring ass commentary doesn't explain shit) but they had to deal with the WWE tag formula which ruins matches by default, but was especially bad here. If you're wanting to get over how the REAL STARS can just plow through these two posers, then why on earth are Dana and Emma beating them up for a "heat segment"? Screw developmental. How about y'all actually develop actual storytelling instead of every match being exactly the same? Sasha and Charlotte have what feels like an easy win, then they'll have their final match in NXT in front of a raucous crowd that everyone is eagerly anticipating before they get called up to work a six-diva tag at Summerslam that nobody cares about. Wrestling! :yay:

Okay, really want to calm me down? Show more footage of Owens punching cameramen, that was GREAT :lol1:

so Jordan and Gable are a team now. Good for them.

It was soooooo cool to see characters again! Both Marcus Louis and Solomon Crowe have something but need work, but hell, I was getting some Bo Dallas era flashbacks here and that's all I'm asking for! Yay! Unfortunately one minute in I just started playing little games on my phone and missed the rest of the match. For shame. Crowe's new catchphrase is... better, but #1 thing I got here is that if you're trying to make a monster out of Psycho Marcus then have him wrestle like one because the dude comes across as that one dude in every school that nobody wanted to fuck with, yet because of that he's never been in a fight so my fat white ass could take him... So basically he's just like Kane! Just like they wanted!

What worries me though are having so many guys like these. They're so hurt by the injury and callup bug that they've gotta find some guys who can step up into the title picture. Who is Balor going to face, Rhyno again? Blake and Murphy? Even Samoa Joe is underwhelming... Screw it. Finn Balor vs Sasha Banks. Lets go.

As for the main event? HOW DARE YOU BIG CASS SPOIL THE GOOD PART OF THE ENTRANCE! :sad: Sense of urgency in the promo? Sure. Like that. Great to see the Vaudevillians and all, and them coming across as the "wise guys" who outscheme a couple of chuckleheads like the Certified G's works... And really the match worked for the G's too since Enzo is nothing but pop and self-confidence but kayfabe sucks horribly while Cass can clear 2 guys at the same time but feels like he needs Enzo so the tandem works... But this was so boring. There had to be a better way to do this match. And I love the Vaudeheroes and it'll be great if they dethrone our boring ass tag champs, but it was such a downer watching them beat Colinzo.

But still, we got something good out of NXT again. Thank you.

Reactions: Leo C

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well Rain there was a fat guy who tried to break a snack machine with a chair and corpsed so much as Regal talked to him as if he was a child. Granted this is no Mr. NXT but I'm not sure what else you want from this show (wasn't this week iirc but still):russo:

Reactions: Snowman1

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Sooo, this week's ep was okay.

- JJ & Gable vs Cutler & Samson. This was a bit short, but still an okay show opener.
Jordan & Gable win with a super nice (assisted) Back Suplex combo. And for some reason, these two remind me of Shelton and Haas.

- Samoa Joe vs Axel Tischer was okay for what it was. This was more of a squash than an actual match.
Axel's got some short-lived offense, Joe then hit an Inverted Atomic Drop, Senton, Uranage, Muscle Buster and finished him off with a Kokina Clutch. That's all, folks.

- LOL at Corbin's vignette. But, I'll admit, though, it's nice that he's heelin' it up.

- So, Eva Marie will debut next week in NXT? K. Hope she ain't as awful as Dana.

- Blake & Murphy vs Fulton & Dawkins was meh.

- Sami Zayn is out and cuts a nice promo. Man, it's gonna be a long wait till we see Sami back in the ring again.

- Sasha vs Charlotte was a good ME. This was definitely the highlight of the episode.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the Baron Corbin promo- had they have done something like that sooner people might have cared about him more.
Alexa's splash was... lel.
I'll be honest though, the only thing I really cared about was Sasha Vs Charlotte and it was far from disappointing. It was amazing, not only are they talented athletes but they nailed the storytelling in that match. Whether they'll get the chance to carry on with performances like that on the main roster, I'm not so sure.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The Corbin promo was good, but they fluffed his football credentials A LOT. He was a reserve team player in the NFL at best