NFL 2019/2020 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me.

They can't run the ball whatsoever, and the only receiver they have who can really produce anything is Edelman. Likely won't be having many problems with the Jets, but the two games after that could expose them. Browns have a pretty deep secondary, and if Jimmy Smith is back from injury when they play the Ravens, I can't see him having many issues shutting Edelman down.

But that being said, those teams would also have to contend with the Patriots defense which is absolutely monstrous right now.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Belichek teased his return the other day saying that although Gronk announced his retirement none of the official paperwork has been filed yet thus negating the waiting period to come back to play.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm not buying either side of the Pats narrative. Theyve played so many high school teams this year - Steelers with injured Ben, Giants with all their skill players hurt, Dolphins, Redskins, Jets, Bills... So their toughest test so far was Josh Allen. Cool. I buy them being good, but hold off on the elite talk.

And the "is Brady done?" Conversation happens this time every year. He starts slow to preserve himself for later, and he may secretly be hurt (he was hobbled last week)

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
So the Dolphins have a chance to win their first game of the season.

And they call possibly the worst play they could have called, and also manage to bumblefuck the execution of said play. Full tank mode confirmed. In other news, fantastic play from Kirk Cousins today. If he could be consistent every week, Vikings would be undoubtedly playoff bound.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
If you were the Bears, I'd absolutely hand the Titans some late ass pick for Mariota. Give them a fifth, at this point you might pull it off.

But I wonder if they can trade for Cam Newton?

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
If you were the Bears, I'd absolutely hand the Titans some late ass pick for Mariota. Give them a fifth, at this point you might pull it off.

But I wonder if they can trade for Cam Newton?
I could see the Bengals shelling out a bit more than a late pick to get Mariota. Dalton hasn't necessarily been a bad QB but he's never really been able to get it done when it mattered most. They've had a lot of offensive talent over the years, so most of the blame falls on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I'm not expecting the Raiders defense to be able to hold off the Packers offense since Rodgers seems to have found his stride again, but the Raiders offense is hot so this could be a shootout.

We're also looking forward to Ravens vs Seahawks. Two defenses that aren't so great at the moment, but two fast paced offenses.

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
Are Jets seriously that bad this season? Pats fucked em hard and it was hurtful to watch tbh