NFL 2019/2020 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Also it looks like my prediction for dark horse team before the season began was way off, the Redskins have started at a resounding 0-3.

They need to start Dwayne Haskins. Case Keenum hasn't been getting it done and now he's apparently dealing with a foot injury so it's time. Let your rookie QB show what he can do. Especially against the Giants this weekend, let's see Haskins vs Jones.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

In Memorial of LOL Daniel Jones memes. 2019-2019

Snowman1

Reaction score
I have a theory. Whenever a team sits the rookie they drafted, it's for a reason. Of the last 10 years, first rounders only...

-Started right away: Stafford, Sanchez, Bradford, Newton, Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Weeden, Manuel, Winston, Mariota, Wentz, Darnold,

-Sat right away: Freeman, Tebow, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Goff, Lynch, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Mayfield, Rosen, Jackson

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I have a theory. Whenever a team sits the rookie they drafted, it's for a reason. Of the last 10 years, first rounders only...

-Started right away: Stafford, Sanchez, Bradford, Newton, Luck, RG3, Tannehill, Weeden, Manuel, Winston, Mariota, Wentz, Darnold,

-Sat right away: Freeman, Tebow, Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, Goff, Lynch, Trubisky, Mahomes, Watson, Allen, Mayfield, Rosen, Jackson

Ok... so what's the theory?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Ok... so what's the theory?

I saw that stat 2 years ago so it's outdated a bit now (thanks Mahomes), but while everyone points out how much Aaron Rodgers learned on the bench, but every QB who doesn't start right away seems to get beaten out. With the exception of Bridgewater (not counting Goff because lol Jeff Fisher) all these guys, prior to Mahomes, were trash.

With Jay Gruden on the hottest seat why is he worried about coaching up Haskins if he truly believes Keenum gives him the best chance to save his job? That worries me.

Also never go vegan. You don't wanna wind up like Arian Foster lol

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Woohoo! Browns kicked some Royal Ravens Tails! 40-18! Now that's what I'm talking bout!
giphy.gif

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
NFL seems pretty popular with users on this forum. Any thought of starting up a WWEF NFL Fantasy League? Or are peeps already a part of one outside of here?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
NFL seems pretty popular with users on this forum. Any thought of starting up a WWEF NFL Fantasy League? Or are peeps already a part of one outside of here?

We had one for a few years but the people who ran it are no longer here and it just died out.

It's too late now to make one for this year.. but I'd be willing to run one next year if there's enough interest.

Reactions: bullyballmm

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Browns are starting to gel some... but Mayfield was still being sloppy in his throw selection and timing.

Nick Chubb finally woke up.. that was great to see... Landry with 167 yards receiving.. once Mayfield starts reading the defenses better and choosing his throws better Cleveland will be unstoppable.

That hit by Johnathan Joseph on Josh Allen was wrong... I hope they fine him and hand him a 1-2 game suspension.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I think a Fantasy League is the only way I am going to get into a sport I know nothing about

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Raiders win, baby. The Colts aren't anything special right now, but it's still a win.

How in the world did the Ravens let that one happen? Browns should have been an easy win I guess. I guess Jimmy Smith being out really hurt the secondary, since normally they would have shut down the Browns offense. Also damn what a game that Bucs and Rams game was.

Last edited: