NFL 2019/2020 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Are they going to destroy them though? The Jets only lost to the Bills by one point, and while they did let the Bills come back their defense is nothing to scoff at. Plus they have to contain Le'Veon Bell, they weren't that good at it when he was a Steeler.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
The Browns get the penalties under control and get Baker to look for the check down more often instead of trying to force the ball into a covered receiver and the Browns will be a major force.

Baker throwing interceptions might hurt them.. but it won't cause them to lose a lot of games... look at Favre's interception totals.. crazy high, yet he has multiple SB victories because he threw a lot more TDs than INTs... that's what Baker needs to do and is currently doing.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Roethlisberger out for the season, Bengals in a constant state of flux so you can never really tell what they're gonna do. Easily Ravens vs Browns for winner of the AFC North. I'd have to give the edge to the Ravens though. Browns have a great passing offense, but the Ravens have the dual threat and maybe the best general offense in the league.

Meanwhile, Raiders gonna Raider. Just couldn't stop the Chief's offense, who are probably the second best in the league right now. Not dissuaded by that game though, Chiefs are a hell of a team and you just gotta move on. Also Dolphins are 100% confirmed tank mode at this point, no other way to look at it. Vikings had kind of the opposite of last year, lots of times the losses weren't the fault of Cousins. That loss was absolutely his fault.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
...As much as I dont want to buy the Chiefs because their roster isn't that good, it doesn't matter. I can't wait for this game. If Baltimore dominates 80% of this game and shuts Mahomes down, the other 20% could be 40 points lol. Mahomes isn't fair. Neither is Lamar. He's routinely hitting passes he couldn't complete against air last year. Mock the Phins all you want but the big catch and run from Marquise Brown had good coverage (against 2018 Lamar), a pass rush, but that throw and run was simply elite. Not to mention the 3rd down catch last week. His accuracy has been incredible, it's weird to call our receivers mismatches too.

Strangely the Jimmy Smith injury could decide this game, we'll be able to cover one guy, but even then nobody (in the league) can stop Kelce lol

The Raiders have had 7 good quarters this year but that one quarter off was ridiculous lol.

Snowman1

Reaction score
FB_IMG_1568922158457.jpg

Snowman1

Reaction score
Sucks being a football fan working weekends.

Sucks more being a football fan who's off thursdays

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
AB was released by the Patriots today.

Wonder who the next team to jump on him will be? This was due to the sexual assault allegations and that's some baggage no team wants. And if the allegations are true, he's done in the NFL. And in general, as he should be.

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Raiders are down 28-7 against the Vikings. Josh Jacobs was stuffed on 4th & 1. Vikings have completely outplayed the Raiders in every aspect of this game.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I consider the Vikings my NFC team, and yeah they're dangerous when Kirk Cousins isn't making big mistakes like he did last week. Obviously pulled for the Raiders in this game but they got nowhere. Vikings defensive line isn't what it was when they had the Williams Wall, but it isn't shabby these days.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Man the Browns o-line hasn't been the same since Joe Thomas retired. If Mayfield can't find a target in two seconds, it's a dead play. Those tackles have to step up. Granted, the Rams have a phenomenal pass rush, but still. That was a bad effort.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Both losses this year for the Browns have been Baker's fault. Poor decision making and poor reading of the defense.

I thought he would have studied a little more in the offseason but it's looking like he just trained but didn't study at all.

Reactions: Red Rain

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
7 undefeated teams left after week 3.

Green Bay, Dallas, Buffalo, New England, Kansas City, LA Rams, San Fran.

Who will be the 1st to lose?

Week 4 games they are playing in are... Thursday: Green Bay at home against Philly. Sunday: Buffalo at home against NE, KC at Detroit, LA Rams at home against TB, Dallas at NO, San Fran on a bye.

I say Buffalo loses to NE... Green Bay stays undefeated vs Eagles.. KC beats Detroit.. Rams destroy TB, NO beats Dallas in their home dome, San Fran sits back and laughs.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Green Bay is strangely legit. The defense seems legit good, not just feasting on the craptacular QBs they've faced so far... Though we'll see vs Wentz. Aaron Rodgers isn't playing big time football so far this year so we'll see... Don't be surprised if the Eagles pull the upset, obvious fluke 1-2 team here.

I really want to buy Buffalo as a wild card team, with their elite D and interesting Allen, but I can't do it. Welcome back to reality

Detroit has a sneaky-strong D but nobody's stopping Mahomes right now. Lions offense can't keep him off the field either

Rams seem so flimsy. Like a house of cardboard. Injured Gurley, no O-Line causing Goff to not be so superb... Tampa's randomly has the top sacker in the league right now but... Come on, son.

New Orleans and Dallas looks damn good, but I'm buying this Cowboys team like crazy. Too many players on this team are going to leave soon for gigantic money, I hope they don't blow this. Still... Night game? In New Orleans? With a team that's really motivated to keep the fort up for Brees? That's crazy tough

San Fran... I don't really know