NFL 2019/2020 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Browns were definitely overconfident, too many penalties, but just like the Dolphins, they also got outplayed.

Everyone's been sleeping on the Titan's defense. Dean Pees was the mastermind behind the Ravens defense for years and he's doing the same thing in Tennessee.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Browns were definitely overconfident, too many penalties, but just like the Dolphins, they also got outplayed.

Everyone's been sleeping on the Titan's defense. Dean Pees was the mastermind behind the Ravens defense for years and he's doing the same thing in Tennessee.
Aren't the Titans known for upset victories?

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Spent all offseason hearing how great they are when they havent done a thing.

Hot damn, I picked the wrong day (yesterday) to call in to work. Hell of a job Lamar!!! Didn't think he could throw those passes against air last year

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Kyler Murray looked terrible in his 1st game.

You could tell he was scared shitless the whole game.. missing throws left and right. Too high, too low, too short, too far.

5 passes batted down because he can barely see over the line.

Fitz made him look good a couple times.. but that's what Fitz does.

Hope he shakes that off. I don't think he will. Maybe he'll prove me wrong.

Reactions: Snowman1

white crow

The Serbian Butcher
Hotshot
Reaction score
I couldn't wait for this season to start but when it finally started I kinda hardly give a fuck. Please tell me Cody Parkey left the Bears?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the updates. Youre awesome!

Snowman1

Reaction score
Know what team may have really been slept on this year? Cincy, surprisingly. As much as I've lamented these assholes for wasting the career of their one good offensive player, but with the way Zac Taylor talked up John Ross he could be the real deal with that speed. Dalton's been a mostly good regular season QB but Mixon/Bernard/Ross/Boyd/Eifert and even Uzomah is a damn good group of weapons, then add AJ Green to that and what shapes up to be an all star DL and above average secondary... Pretty good pieces for "a 3-13 team"

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I think the Dolphins should be 0-16 this year so they can say that they are the only franchise to go both undefeated and winless.

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
My Did Them Browns get smushed!
*smh* They really need to get their act together and focus on the win rather than antagonize the other team...

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Know what team may have really been slept on this year? Cincy, surprisingly. As much as I've lamented these assholes for wasting the career of their one good offensive player, but with the way Zac Taylor talked up John Ross he could be the real deal with that speed. Dalton's been a mostly good regular season QB but Mixon/Bernard/Ross/Boyd/Eifert and even Uzomah is a damn good group of weapons, then add AJ Green to that and what shapes up to be an all star DL and above average secondary... Pretty good pieces for "a 3-13 team"
I can't ever bring myself to expect anything out the Bengals, they've always been an enigma to me. They manage to put together decent rosters for multiple seasons, make the playoffs during multiple seasons and then they manage to blow it every single time.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Didn't end up catching the game but man the Steelers got blown out too? Pretty interesting first week of football this season. Just gotta see what my Raiders can do.

I don't feel like the absence of AB is going to have much of an impact. It would have been great to have him on the team and have him actually be cooperative, but I'd have to guess they didn't completely focus the offense around him this year. Or if they're smart they didn't.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I've watched football too long to get excited about a win in the first week, and I've been a Raiders fan for equally as long so I know to not have high hopes immediately, but damn I liked what I saw.

Josh Jacobs is the RB the team needed, Derek Carr is playing great, the line is holding up. No sacks given up and not a ton of pressure, the line contained Miller and Chubb quite well who are very dangerous. Pass rush is fantastic, Flacco took a few sacks and was under pressure most of the game.

Can't have high expectations now, but always makes me happy to have the Raiders pull off a good game. Just gotta keep it up.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
If I were the Panthers, I'd be thinking it's time to start looking into moving on without Cam Newton. He just isn't the same as he used to be after the shoulder surgeries.

Sure, he threw for over 300 yards against the Bucs, but he completed 25 of 51 passes for no touchdowns. Not the fault of his receivers either. Couldn't get it done when they needed to get in the end zone, and he can't run anymore like he used to. This is their eight straight loss with Cam as the starting QB. Don't get me wrong, Bucs defense is good, but they aren't THAT good.

Snowman1

Reaction score
We see it over and over, you can't turn a running QB into a guy who just chills in the pocket. When they don't play the game the way they have since high school, you can't expect a coach to re-train a man to play the game. Cam Newton was always a pretty inaccurate thrower who needed bigger receivers to make sure they could get it, but when he doesn't have the scrambling ability it makes it worse and the defenses can put extra focus on stopping a suddenly one-dimensional offense with CMC.

Either that shoulder surgery is a killer or the ankle injury was worse than we thought. And if you buy in to what we saw in the preseason Will Grier is not the answer.

What looked to be a loaded NFC South with 2 MVP quarterbacks and a coached-up Jameis, looks like the Drew Brees show and a bunch of chaff