Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by the song title.
I looked into the origins of it because I thought the lyrics were interesting, Yama is apparently the god of death, the south direction and the underworld in the Hindu faith, and apparently also has ties to Buddhism. Hadn't really done any research into those but from what I learned just looking up Yama, interesting shit.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I looked into the origins of it because I thought the lyrics were interesting, Yama is apparently the god of death, the south direction and the underworld in the Hindu faith, and apparently also has ties to Buddhism. Hadn't really done any research into those but from what I learned just looking up Yama, interesting shit.

Yeah, indeed. I'm a big religion freak (was actually looking into going to school and taking courses on Religion and such). Hinduism is pretty interesting. Their Gods and Goddesses are pretty badass actually lol.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I've read up on a few of them, mainly just from seeing them referenced in a game and wanting to know more about them. Hinduism definitely seems pretty cool.

I can't really remember right now but that might be the only song, or one of the few, where Gojira directly mention any kind of religion or being from a religion. They do have quite a few songs, especially in their later work that reference spirituality. I never really focused on any of that kind of stuff until I started reading lyrics and they became my favorite band.

Reactions: Swift

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
The EP is fucking amazing. I love it.
I gotta get caught up with new releases this year, I had a big list of bands that had stuff coming out somewhere just so I'd remember to check it out but I lost it, haha. Just adds on to the pile of stuff I gotta listen too.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

I'd been listening to Dimmu's albums like Death Cult Armageddon and In Sorte Diaboli for so long that I had forgotten how good For All Tid and Stormblast were.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, Dimmu's old stuff is great. Much prefer it to their more 'modern' BM stuff.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Vomitory has some great albums and I think they're still making music, but they're never going to top their sound from Revelation Nausea.

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
TRUPPENSTURM! Haven't listened to these guys in a while, this album is fucking relentless. Killer black/death.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Probably wouldn't be a far stretch to assume you're a Bolt Thrower fan, would it? They still sound just as good as they did back when they started.