Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I instantly think of their old Death Metal scene. It was pretty incredible. I personally like it even more than the classic Swedeath scene.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Wow. What the fuck happened to Amorphis? I knew some of their older stuff, but hadn't heard any of their new releases. What happened? lmao

I looked up their last album, and damn...not good.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Fucking great raw thrash. Persecution Mania was probably Sodom's best album, awesome lyrics in this song too.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Not Metal but who cares. Great album. You'd like it, Wizard.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I went back and listened to Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus again.

I didn't initially mind a lot of the techno influence since I'm into quite a few industrial/aggrotech groups where a lot of the influence came from, but I think a lot of people only heard those songs and completely dismissed the album. Out of ten tracks (not counting the intro track) four of them have aggrotech/industrial influence and the other six are straight death metal songs, and they're pretty solid too. They aren't Altars of Madness to Domination good, but they're still pretty good songs.

I know they split with David Vincent though, so we probably won't see another Morbid Angel album with that kind of sound since that was apparently Vincent's doing. And that's probably for the best, leave the aggrotech to groups like Combichrist who have been doing it for years. Apparently Vincent is off doing country now though.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I went back and listened to Morbid Angel's Illud Divinum Insanus again.

I didn't initially mind a lot of the techno influence since I'm into quite a few industrial/aggrotech groups where a lot of the influence came from, but I think a lot of people only heard those songs and completely dismissed the album. Out of ten tracks (not counting the intro track) four of them have aggrotech/industrial influence and the other six are straight death metal songs, and they're pretty solid too. They aren't Altars of Madness to Domination good, but they're still pretty good songs.

I know they split with David Vincent though, so we probably won't see another Morbid Angel album with that kind of sound since that was apparently Vincent's doing. And that's probably for the best, leave the aggrotech to groups like Combichrist who have been doing it for years. Apparently Vincent is off doing country now though.

I'm curious to hear now new MA will sound. I have some faith in Trey + Steve Sticker.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Steve Tucker is fucking badass. Formulas and Gateways were good albums too. Heretic wasn't too bad. And if this Warfather album from two years ago is anything to go by, he still has it.

Reactions: Swift