Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I've been watching a lot of live stuff lately, and the editing of some of it really pisses me off.

There's an incredible Gojira concert that I hadn't seen that took place a couple of months ago. And they show way too much of the crowd way too often. I understand wanting to show some of the crowd at a live show, but don't make the people that actually got to go and see the show the focus instead of the band, that's what I'm really wanting to see play. There's one song which is almost entirely crowd shots, it's so stupid.

Reactions: Swift

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Like, I just found another show with a pretty similar setlist. The sound isn't anywhere as good and it's being filmed from someone kinda far back zooming in with their camera, but it's so much cooler because it doesn't cut to the crowd every few seconds.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Man, Europe has all these awesome metal festivals and we have stupid shit like Mayhem Fest (which used to be cool but fucking blows anymore) and shit like Warped Tour. Not fair.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Man, Europe has all these awesome metal festivals and we have stupid shit like Mayhem Fest (which used to be cool but fucking blows anymore) and shit like Warped Tour. Not fair.

Seriously, we don't get shit.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I hate those fucks who go to shows only to record/take pictures for Facebook. They're usually front and center, in everyone's way and you know they don't even care about the bands. They just want to take pics and record videos for social media.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I hate those fucks who go to shows only to record/take pictures for Facebook. They're usually front and center, in everyone's way and you know they don't even care about the bands. They just want to take pics and record videos for social media.
I pretty much hate social media in general. If people gave a shit about every little thing you were doing, they'd probably ask you. I'd probably be disappointed if I were in a band and saw a huge portion of the crowd just staring at their phone for the entire show, or freaking out because someone bumped into them and ruined their video (seen that one happen).

I don't bother with any of that shit.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
The riffs on this album create such an unsettling feel. Love it.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
The riffs on this album create such an unsettling feel. Love it.

There's such a beautiful dissonance to a lot of the riffs, they manage to make things jarring and melodic at the same time. Hard to find a band that can pull that off, most that attempt it just have things sound messy and muddy.

Reactions: Swift

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Satanic Warmaster is very hit or miss for me. A lot of it comes down to production, too. I do like it when certain bands have a raw sound, but there are Satanic Warmaster releases that just sound like a big wall of white noise.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Usually the first band I think of when I think of Finland, honestly. I can understand people not liking the direction the band went in during the mid-2000s, but I think the early stuff is undeniably solid. Sounds like a completely different band up to Follow The Reaper.