Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Lol really? Never knew that, that's fucking cool. One of my favorite DM bands for sure.
maxresdefault.jpg

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I've been trying to track down one of those shirts for a while. They're awesome, logo on the front there and says "First In Hell" on the back.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
That's amazing. I have a backpatch with that logo. Don't know why they changed it :confused2:

Man, I fucking love their lyrics on Dawn Of Possession. I don't think they ever topped this album, though I love everything up to and including Unholy Cult. Later stuff isn't bad either, but I don't find myself listening to it much.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
This song is cool when it comes to their later stuff

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I have all of their new stuff but I haven't given it a listen yet. Kept meaning to and then I'd end up putting Dawn of Possession on. Easily my favorite.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Do you like Incantation?

Also, if you like Immolation (or Incantation for that matter) then you'll probably like Dead Congregation. Cool guys, met them in San Fransisco when I saw them with Grave Miasma. They're huge Immolation fanboys haha. I don't like them nearly as much as Immolation, Incantation or even Grave Miasma but solid band regardless.

Reactions: Black Wizard

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Do you like Incantation?

Also, if you like Immolation (or Incantation for that matter) then you'll probably like Dead Congregation. Cool guys, met them in San Fransisco when I saw them with Grave Miasma. They're huge Immolation fanboys haha. I don't like them nearly as much as Immolation, Incantation or even Grave Miasma but solid band regardless.

I do like Incantation. Hadn't heard of Dead Congregation I don't think. The Immolation worship is real, lol. But that isn't a bad thing though. Nothing wrong with a band that sounds like another band because they're huge fans if they aren't just totally ripping off riffs from the band they like, lol.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I have all of their new stuff but I haven't given it a listen yet. Kept meaning to and then I'd end up putting Dawn of Possession on. Easily my favorite.

SAME. I always find myself listening to DAWN OF POSSESSION and HERE IN AFTER.

HOW FOOLISH CAN THEY BEEEEEEEEEE
TO WORSHIP SUCH A KIIIIIIIIIIIING

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
I do like Incantation. Hadn't heard of Dead Congregation I don't think. The Immolation worship is real, lol. But that isn't a bad thing though. Nothing wrong with a band that sounds like another band because they're huge fans if they aren't just totally ripping off riffs from the band they like, lol.

Yeah, they don't hide their influences but they do add their own little touch to things. Honestly, they are SO MUCH better live. And again, they're really fucking cool guys. Talked to the guitarist for a bit about musick and he was just so laid back lol.

One of the best shows I've been to. Both Dead Congregation and Grave Miasma were fucking amazing.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
It's like their riffs are even fucking better live. You can't NOT headbang, lol.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Kinda random but you ever check out Toxic Holocaust?

Has a blackened thrash thing going on, pretty Venom inspired.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Kinda random but you ever check out Toxic Holocaust?

Has a blackened thrash thing going on, pretty Venom inspired.

I've listened to a little bit of their stuff. Pretty solid. Never really kept up or listened to much newer thrash, honestly.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
This is some pretty cool thrashy stuff. Had totally forgotten about this band. Kind of has a Black + NWOBHM vibe as well.

edit: This comment is actually pretty accurate.
"soulds like early slayer meets pagan altar"

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
This is some pretty cool thrashy stuff. Had totally forgotten about this band. Kind of has a Black + NWOBHM vibe as well.

edit: This comment is actually pretty accurate.
"soulds like early slayer meets pagan altar"

Sounds like the band Grim Reaper but a bit faster and more evil.

Reactions: Swift