Metal, of the Heavy Variety

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
LOL I was wondering wth Brit was doing in this thread

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
She posted about Killswitch Engage once, haha.

Another band that I can't remember how I found at all, but I'm glad I did. Par for the course with how many bands I check out though, lol. I'm sure I have albums I downloaded years ago and have never listened to. Really like Abigail Williams though, symphonic stuff that isn't completely overdone.

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Oh and yeah, Bolt Thrower is awesome.

I saw some of Abigail Williams set when they opened for Vader some years back. I've never listened to any of their albums though.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Talking about Gothic Metal reminded me of Therion. Their early stuff was pure DEATH

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

I'm also a huge Fear Factory fan. Love anything industrial, really. Probably the best example of the style of clean vocals I like too.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Woah, missed this last night but damn. I think I've listened to Therion before but it was their later stuff.

Their later stuff isn't tooooo bad, at least the stuff I've heard. But I'm not really a fan of Gothic Metal. DEATH Metal >

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Their later stuff isn't tooooo bad, at least the stuff I've heard. But I'm not really a fan of Gothic Metal. DEATH Metal >

It's hard to find good gothic metal. Some of Moonspell's stuff is good, early Paradise Lost is good. I like really early Lacuna Coil but couldn't care less about any release past Comalies except for a few good songs on Karmacode. A guilty pleasure band growing up for me was HIM. Definitely prefer the old post-punk Goth scene for sure.

Fear Factory is cool. Nice sig btw.
Thanks. Was browsing Pokemon gifs earlier, saw that one and without hesitation made it my sig

Reactions: Swift

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Hypocrisy fan?

Been listening to some of their later stuff. This is melodic DM I can get into. Love their aliens/New World Order theme.

This song made me lol. "DEATH IS HERE! THE END IS HERE!". Rules.

Their early stuff is more straight forward, good shit as well!