OOC League Feedback and Suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Why not open a poll, to hear the PS4 League's opinion.
And we already know the result. The new guys will vote yes while most of the old guys will vote no. It'll end up 10 to 9 or 10 to 10 with the numbers.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
I saw your reasoning. Have you seen 90% of the league telling you their reason why it's a bad idea ?
Have you seen 100% of the new league members telling me it's great? We going to cut them out now or?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Frosty, I'm sure you brought the new guys here with the incentive to win the Universal Championship, but opening a poll to get the general consensus will stop the bitching, unless you want people to continue with this.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Frosty, I'm sure you brought the new guys here with the incentive to win the Universal Championship, but opening a poll to get the general consensus will stop the bitching, unless you want people to continue with this.
They can post in here. I won't be making another poll considering we did one yesterday. We only have the money to hold one per week

• Haha
Reactions: Geek773

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Alright, I'll give my reasons. We're growing with numbers, so I thought it would be best to bring in a new championship. You see, we have 10 active members? we'll have double that in two weeks time, so I thought it was a perfect time to build on the league. Having two world titles will make the league more interesting and provide more feuds for everyone. Now, you guys can post your reasons here. Thank you

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
3 championships, including the tag championships, is more than enough. Personally, I find it better to tell a story than fight over a title with no beef between any of the competitors. @Geek773 and @Welsh-Wizard-97 showed that last year, and everyone loved it, I'm sure some of these new guys will be able to replicate it in terms of success, or potentially provide a story even better.

TBH, I wouldn't mind it, but I'm kind of leaning towards not having it.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm sure you brought the new guys here with the incentive to win the Universal Championship
Don't pull favors, Frosty. It just screws stuff up. :fact:

DeathLock75

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
having another world title isn't a big deal. we had two world titles before and it worked better than just one. the better feud would get the main event slot and everyone knew you needed to work for it. not being rude, but can you guys tell me the last good feud you had with the world title in it? a feud that just comes to your head with good storylines and everything? our champions would be bored of holding the title since nothing came of it. everyone aims to win the title but end up saying "is this it? well this shit" kind of things. with two world titles people want to compete with each other. I'm going to guess Welsh is competitive? wouldn't he want the challenge of getting the main event slot on say Summerslam? of course he would. the league would gain way better storylines this way. you'll need to try two world titles before you say that's the worst idea of all time. think outside the box

Geek773

First RWK Euro Champion
Banned
Reaction score
3 championships, including the tag championships, is more than enough. Personally, I find it better to tell a story than fight over a title with no beef between any of the competitors. @Geek773 and @Welsh-Wizard-97 showed that last year, and everyone loved it, I'm sure some of these new guys will be able to replicate it in terms of success, or potentially provide a story even better.
<3

plz stop with the polls already :sob:
POLLS! POLLS! POLLS! :p

Alright, I'll give my reasons. We're growing with numbers, so I thought it would be best to bring in a new championship. You see, we have 10 active members? we'll have double that in two weeks time, so I thought it was a perfect time to build on the league. Having two world titles will make the league more interesting and provide more feuds for everyone. Now, you guys can post your reasons here. Thank you
My one and only reason is that another midcard title would be much better. Why have two world titles, neither of which is undisputed, when you can have two midcard titles, elevated by the strength of competition and making a big deal of the debut of the new one, and a world title that is stronger because it's the top title of four?

I also personally don't like Universal, but I suck badly at names so that's someone elses thing.

As for the gameplay rules thing, I think this league needs to be a middle ground between a mega competitive league like what 2KCW is/was going to be (does that still exist cos tbh idk), where the game is the law and you win by knowing its quirks and glitches, and an efed that uses the game, but with no competition at all. To me, it should be halfway between purely who the best player is, and trying to play good matches and/or have fun. The reasons rules on spamming, winning off normal moves etc exist is so that matches can still be fun and good to watch while still being competitive, because people can be competitive but have to stay within the laws (rather than limiting how hard they can try to win just in order to play a good match). There will always be people scattered along the spectrum between "the game is what it is, don't sugar coat it ever" and "it should be about having fun not trying to win", but imo the best place is the middle.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
If one world title is struggling to be decent, why would a 2nd one be needed? Shouldn't more people be going after the first one, build it up, and if it gets clogged up, then make a new world title? Most the people in the Universal title tournament may or may not be around, and if the effort was put in to make the regular world title the best it can be, then it will be built up. I don't know, just my two cents.

DeathLock75

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
If one world title is struggling to be decent, why would a 2nd one be needed? Shouldn't more people be going after the first one, build it up, and if it gets clogged up, then make a new world title? Most the people in the Universal title tournament may or may not be around, and if the effort was put in to make the regular world title the best it can be, then it will be built up. I don't know, just my two cents.
I can say from when I won the world title that you do get bored. there's nothing to compete for anymore since you're on top and all that's left is to be knocked down again. our former league got a lot more fun when we got two world titles. people wanted to compete with each other and it does work. this league should try it before they throw it away.