OOC League Feedback and Suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
I understand that, and that's all fine.

It just seems like you're pushing us old guys to the side and just favoring the new crowd coming in a little bit more with an insta main event spot and such.
Again, I was thinking storyline. i did the same with you last year when you got the World title match with The Blade.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Please call the new championship and the era a different name. Cause what I just read it feels like you're stealing word for word storylines from wwe.... and they're not even good wwe story lines ha.
I really said the new era a few times.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
When does a WWE match end without a finisher? How would it be fair to hit a DDT and go for a pin? Pins can be weird at times, but how do you think people would feel if they lost to a normal move?
This isn't WWE. If people lose to a normal move, then it isn't because the people who pinned you is at fault, it's the person who couldn't kick out. And if kick outs play a part, then that's not anybodies problem.

Sports leagues have way more rules than us, and you seem to be mostly a ranked player with wanting these rules out.
I didn't play in real competitive leagues. I played in a similar league, much like this (have it less strict). But the point is, sports leagues have a reason to be strict. Because most of the time they're playing for prize money or an actual prize. This is a 2K League on a forum, have some rules that restrict a lot of spamming, but leave it to the players to decide how people can and cannot win. If you lose to a DDT, and it wasn't the Pin Systems fault, then get better at the game? If you lose to a submission, get better?

Deciding how people can win, the seconds they can spend not doing something, what number of finishers they can use before doing another move, doing a move before another move? That kind of micromanaging takes the competitiveness out of gameplay, in my opinion.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
This isn't WWE. If people lose to a normal move, then it isn't because the people who pinned you is at fault, it's the person who couldn't kick out. And if kick outs play a part, then that's not anybodies problem.

I didn't play in real competitive leagues. I played in a similar league, much like this (have it less strict). But the point is, sports leagues have a reason to be strict. Because most of the time they're playing for prize money or an actual prize. This is a 2K League on a forum, have some rules that restrict a lot of spamming, but leave it to the players to decide how people can and cannot win. If you lose to a DDT, and it wasn't the Pin Systems fault, then get better at the game? If you lose to a submission, get better?

Deciding how people can win, the seconds they can spend not doing something, what number of finishers they can use before doing another move, doing a move before another move? That kind of micromanaging takes the competitiveness out of gameplay, in my opinion.
@Gino Bambino
@Welsh-Wizard-97
@TheKingSonic
@Geek773
@SupaHeeroh

tagging a few main league guys. I'm interested to see what they think of these ideas.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Okay, unlike Scat I love tournaments. They get me all giddy inside. I honestly think their the best thing, that's why I signed up.

BUT the way you've gone about it is really dumb. Why do we need another title when NOBODY was asking for one? It confuses me because it isn't necessary. After being scrapped for an active set of competitors to flesh out the league, we're spreading it out even more? We aren't at that scale yet, and making another title is just going to make match ups even less diverse. Everybody's going to get tile shots, and I don't want to be the guy who takes this too seriously, but it doesn't make sense to me.

And don't even get me started on that stupid ass rule against major reversals. That's the only thing that keeps this fucking game balanced.

As for the overall rules of the league, I agree with @Roadster completely (not that you asked me to begin with)

If you were to this tournament the right way, make it for the number one contendership for the World title, runner up gets an IC Title shot. We don't need a Universal Championship (did anybody other than you even like that name?)

Just let us go crazy playing 2K17 cause it's actually really fun when I'm not worrying about whether or not I've used 3 major reversals (lastly, the banned moves list is way too long, i say unban everything and if somethings gotta go as weeks go on, it's gotta go)

Welsh-Wizard-97

Helo, dwi'n Gymry!
Reaction score
@Gino Bambino
@Welsh-Wizard-97
@TheKingSonic
@Geek773
@SupaHeeroh

tagging a few main league guys. I'm interested to see what they think of these ideas.
I'm all for the current rules restricting the gameplay a little. Although I still really don't care about the second chance reversal limitation, I do think that 90% of the current in game rules does benefit the league and it's matches. IMO, if anyone says that pinning off of normal moves is a fine way to win, then they're noobs... So yeah.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm all for the current rules restricting the gameplay a little. Although I still really don't care about the second chance reversal limitation, I do think that 90% of the current in game rules does benefit the league and it's matches. IMO, if anyone says that pinning off of normal moves is a fine way to win, then they're noobs... So yeah.
Takes one to know one

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The fact this thread even needed to be made is pretty telling of how little we want the major reversal limit.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
oh yeah, I'm removing the rule on second chance reversals. Doing this because they're not that OP once you get your moves sorted. I'm 100% not removing submission rules or finisher rules. Removing those just make it easier for people to play cheap

Reactions: Geek773

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
As for the overall rules of the league, I agree with @Roadster completely (not that you asked me to begin with)
You want me to remove ending a match on finishers and being able to use any submissions? Man, @Randy Borton the submission only league may be coming soon

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
That's true. @Roadster I'll fuck you up on 2K right now ye bish
i mean, it makes sense. non-finisher moves tend to be a lot easier to kick out of. and if you can't kick out of those...do you even deserve to win to begin with?