OOC League Feedback and Suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
i mean, it makes sense. non-finisher moves tend to be a lot easier to kick out of. and if you can't kick out of those...do you even deserve to win to begin with?
Well yeah, pinning off normal moves is just cheap dude. Go play a few 2K ranked matches and you'll see that. Removing those rules is probably the worst thing we could do in this league

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You want me to remove ending a match on finishers and being able to use any submissions? Man, @Randy Borton the submission only league may be coming soon
Maybe a bit of a restriction on submissions, cause they are very wishy-washy for some people, but I think theres a better way than what we've got now.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well yeah, pinning off normal moves is just cheap dude. Go play a few 2K ranked matches and you'll see that. Removing those rules is probably the worst thing we could do in this league
Nah, that would be adding another title.

• Haha
Reactions: Roadster

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
@CiV I won't be removing the core of this league. 2KCW tried to do this, and they didn't do too well at all. This league is different and those rules will never leave. This league requires more skill considering you need to use finishers to win. Winning matches off normal moves is just funny.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
@CiV I won't be removing the core of this league. 2KCW tried to do this, and they didn't do too well at all. This league is different and those rules will never leave. This league requires more skill considering you need to use finishers to win. Winning matches off normal moves is just funny.
Alright, not that invested in the idea. What I am invested in is the universal title not being a thing.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Skill is being able to deflect all attacks, and being able to kick out of anything. If you need rules to protect you from losing to a cheap move, that doesn't require skill at all. If someone loses to a normal move, they suck.

If you can't kick out of a DDT, then how are you going to kick out of a finisher?

Also, 2KCW didn't fade away because of the rules, since most of the rules pertained to preventing spam, not preventing people who can't play basic 2K to have a scapegoat when they can't kick out of a big boot to the leg.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Alright, not that invested in the idea. What I am invested in is the universal title not being a thing.
Well that's going to be a thing. We're building with members and we will be pretty big in a month or two. The title is something new, and everyone won't be contenders. Right now we have say 10 active people? We already have 4 more and I know we'll be getting a good 6 more people. That's double the size of our current roster, and we only have two spots that need people in the rankings. We will 100% not have everyone being a contender for the title

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Also, 2KCW didn't fade away because of the rules, since most of the rules pertained to preventing spam, not preventing people who can't play basic 2K to have a scapegoat when they can't kick out of a big boot to the leg.
Most of the league didn't want to join because of the low rules you had.

Chicken McDouble

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Maybe change the name from Universal Championship to something like NEX*GEN Championship, I know I've stolen the name from GFW but shhhhhhhh. :p

Considering all of the new talent coming in, and the fact that the other world title was created for all of these new guys coming in, calling it something like that would make more sense than the Universal Championship.

Or just remove the belt all together, I really don't mind.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Most of the league didn't want to join because of the low rules you had.
Then I guess it's settled. I figured people wanted to play more for fun, but I guess I didn't know these league guys too well.

While I'm in the feedback thread, I'd like to ask why did you delete my post in the Universal title tournament?

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
While I'm in the feedback thread, I'd like to ask why did you delete my post in the Universal title tournament?
The post about being cucked? didn't really fit the thread. I meant to move it to the OOC thread but I just deleted it by mistake

Sam?!

The Artiste
Reaction score
1. ". You've essentially brought people into the league who agree with your points so you can be like "ah look at this idea people like it" yet, no offence, nobody has ever heard of these people so who knows how legitimate their ideas are?"

Well mate, I'm always going to listen to new members, and I personally know these people. You'll need to try their stuff out before you cut their head off.

2. "This league is and always has been run by the players, not the GM. Your job isn't to create rules, hand out strikes loads and hold power. Your job is to listen to suggestions, present them in an unbiased manner to get feedback from the people"

I think I've done that more than any GM. The whole roster was voting for how the league would be last year. Do you know any other GM that held votes on everything they wanted to do? I can't remember any of them.

3. "(who you should really show respect to, you can't demand it as a gut who only a year ago was shitposting in the xbox league and putting out awful promos that people don't forget. I understand you have come a long way and I don't begrudge that mate but you still have a stigma attached to your name which makes you very hard to respect at times "

Alright, throwing that in wasn't needed. That's just there to insult me and you know that. I really don't care if you don't like me, but leave the past behind you. I welcomed you back to the league even though we had an argument, but you still can't let shit go for some reason. I would listen to your opinions if you didn't throw an insult in there for the fun of it. I'm pretty sure I explained that whole time in my life due to a head injury I suffered at 12 years of age. Kind of a sad story I don't like going to, but if you're going to call me out for that then I have no choice. Stop bringing old shit up please.

4. "and to enforce rules that the league agrees are fair. You ARE NOT "President of the league", you ARE NOT an authority figure, you are basically a public servant who does what is in the best interests of the people he is sworn in to serve aka the league"

Never said I was. Mate, this a fake wrestling league. Why would I go power crazy with it? Running the league is very easy.

But yeah, please don''t throw insults at me. Also, I kind of respect you. I mean, you were a GM for a little while that people liked, but I still will listen to your points if they don't have insults in them as well. That kind of post would've started an argument if I was easy to anger (Strikes go out to people who start arguments for no reason) and you could've said everything you said without that insult.
What I was saying with the "insult" was that people don't always take you seriously. That wasn't me saying I didn't, I was saying that you've had a stigma attached to you in the past and you've done some unprofessional stuff before so you won't be respected until you give respect. You took something that wasn't even an insult, if I was insulting you I'd say "Press 4 for nikki bella boobs" or one of those memes but honestly man I'm above that. You clearly focus on what you want to focus on which is cool beans bro

Reactions: Ovaldinho

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
Seriously can this universal championship get to fu<k. Nobody wants it and the league doesn't need it. Just have them go for the IC championship. Or better yet build up the survival championship. I actually feel sorry for @Welsh-Wizard-97.. in my opinion this is totally shitting on his regin as world champion. Like he should be the focus on your little main story lines.. or atleast the world championship should. But I am old school in the way that I like the world champion to be involved in the most important storyline.

Reactions: Ovaldinho

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously can this universal championship get to fu<k. Nobody wants it and the league doesn't need it. Just have them go for the IC championship. Or better yet build up the survival championship. I actually feel sorry for @Welsh-Wizard-97.. in my opinion this is totally shitting on his regin as world champion. Like he should be the focus on your little main story lines.. or atleast the world championship should. But I am old school in the way that I like the world champion to be involved in the most important storyline.
Championship is staying. Read my previous 50 posts to see my reasons for it.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Why not open a poll, to hear the PS4 League's opinion.

Reactions: AfricanScatMahn