OOC League Feedback and Suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sam?!

The Artiste
Reaction score
Also @TheFrostyBlur all these "rules" are more like restrictions. I'm not going to go ham on you, but come on dude, major reversals are VERY easy to do and make the match way more interesting. Without them in, the game literally becomes whoever gets the first reversal wins unless the opponent has cheesy moves in their arsenal. That is primitive and boring. My problem here is in equal measure the rule and how you have decided that apparently your word is absolute compared to the word of people who have been in this particular league for a long time. You've essentially brought people into the league who agree with your points so you can be like "ah look at this idea people like it" yet, no offence, nobody has ever heard of these people so who knows how legitimate their ideas are? This league is and always has been run by the players, not the GM. Your job isn't to create rules, hand out strikes loads and hold power. Your job is to listen to suggestions, present them in an unbiased manner to get feedback from the people (who you should really show respect to, you can't demand it as a gut who only a year ago was shitposting in the xbox league and putting out awful promos that people don't forget. I understand you have come a long way and I don't begrudge that mate but you still have a stigma attached to your name which makes you very hard to respect at times when you do stupid shit) and to enforce rules that the league agrees are fair. You ARE NOT "President of the league", you ARE NOT an authority figure, you are basically a public servant who does what is in the best interests of the people he is sworn in to serve aka the league

Reactions: Drag

Sam?!

The Artiste
Reaction score
Also @TheFrostyBlur all these "rules" are more like restrictions. I'm not going to go ham on you, but come on dude, major reversals are VERY easy to do and make the match way more interesting. Without them in, the game literally becomes whoever gets the first reversal wins unless the opponent has cheesy moves in their arsenal. That is primitive and boring. My problem here is in equal measure the rule and how you have decided that apparently your word is absolute compared to the word of people who have been in this particular league for a long time. You've essentially brought people into the league who agree with your points so you can be like "ah look at this idea people like it" yet, no offence, nobody has ever heard of these people so who knows how legitimate their ideas are? This league is and always has been run by the players, not the GM. Your job isn't to create rules, hand out strikes loads and hold power. Your job is to listen to suggestions, present them in an unbiased manner to get feedback from the people (who you should really show respect to, you can't demand it as a gut who only a year ago was shitposting in the xbox league and putting out awful promos that people don't forget. I understand you have come a long way and I don't begrudge that mate but you still have a stigma attached to your name which makes you very hard to respect at times when you do stupid shit) and to enforce rules that the league agrees are fair. You ARE NOT "President of the league", you ARE NOT an authority figure, you are basically a public servant who does what is in the best interests of the people he is sworn in to serve aka the league
I am not however, giving you shit but I'm telling you categorically that you are wrong on this occasion. Otherwise you've been aight as a GM, giving extensions when needed etc.

Reactions: Geek773

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score

1. ". You've essentially brought people into the league who agree with your points so you can be like "ah look at this idea people like it" yet, no offence, nobody has ever heard of these people so who knows how legitimate their ideas are?"

Well mate, I'm always going to listen to new members, and I personally know these people. You'll need to try their stuff out before you cut their head off.

2. "This league is and always has been run by the players, not the GM. Your job isn't to create rules, hand out strikes loads and hold power. Your job is to listen to suggestions, present them in an unbiased manner to get feedback from the people"

I think I've done that more than any GM. The whole roster was voting for how the league would be last year. Do you know any other GM that held votes on everything they wanted to do? I can't remember any of them.

3. "(who you should really show respect to, you can't demand it as a gut who only a year ago was shitposting in the xbox league and putting out awful promos that people don't forget. I understand you have come a long way and I don't begrudge that mate but you still have a stigma attached to your name which makes you very hard to respect at times "

Alright, throwing that in wasn't needed. That's just there to insult me and you know that. I really don't care if you don't like me, but leave the past behind you. I welcomed you back to the league even though we had an argument, but you still can't let shit go for some reason. I would listen to your opinions if you didn't throw an insult in there for the fun of it. I'm pretty sure I explained that whole time in my life due to a head injury I suffered at 12 years of age. Kind of a sad story I don't like going to, but if you're going to call me out for that then I have no choice. Stop bringing old shit up please.

4. "and to enforce rules that the league agrees are fair. You ARE NOT "President of the league", you ARE NOT an authority figure, you are basically a public servant who does what is in the best interests of the people he is sworn in to serve aka the league"

Never said I was. Mate, this a fake wrestling league. Why would I go power crazy with it? Running the league is very easy.

But yeah, please don''t throw insults at me. Also, I kind of respect you. I mean, you were a GM for a little while that people liked, but I still will listen to your points if they don't have insults in them as well. That kind of post would've started an argument if I was easy to anger (Strikes go out to people who start arguments for no reason) and you could've said everything you said without that insult.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
This thread has been created for all suggestions. Use this thread if you want to suggest a rule or if you don't like a current rule in place. Post here and not in the OOC thread. This is to stop spam in the OOC thread when it's not needed. Feel free to post anything from we need a new rule to we another weekly show. All suggestions in here please.

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't like the quantity of rules we have.
I don't like the banned moves list
I don't like the universal championship
I don't like the title design of the universal championship (if you were gonna use the global belt. Why not call it the Global championship ?)
I don't like how it's a championship for "the new era" aka the bum chums. Rewarding for joining is just wrong. Especially when we know nothing about them and their characters. Or the fact this is their first match too.
I don't like tournaments. In fact that's a understatement. I absolutely hate tournaments.

But apart from that I have no complaints.

Reactions: Sam?!

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
I don't like the quantity of rules we have.
Rules have their place. Without rules the league would be a free for all in a bad way.

I don't like the banned moves list
Why though? All those moves are broken which would cause you to get a free reversal. Why would you have any issue with that?

I don't like the universal championship
Not many people do. It's still a name I'm high on and we'll see it how it goes.

I don't like the title design of the universal championship (if you were gonna use the global belt. Why not call it the Global championship ?)
What other preset title fits the universal title? the attitude era title is pretty sweet doe

I don't like how it's a championship for "the new era" aka the bum chums. Rewarding for joining is just wrong. Especially when we know nothing about them and their characters. Or the fact this is their first match too.
It's not rewarding for joining. I'm building the league to be bigger, and we need another title for that. We'll soon have the most members we ever had, and clearly we would need one more title to add. Again, it's not rewarding new members for joining. The new era name is just because it's a new title while we have a lot of new guys coming in. I personally don't see a big deal with the new era name.

I don't like tournaments. In fact that's a understatement. I absolutely hate tournaments.
Why though?

But apart from that I have no complaints.
that's a relief. I thought you didn't like the league for a second :oops:

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
It's not rewarding for joining. I'm building the league to be bigger, and we need another title for that. We'll soon have the most members we ever had, and clearly we would need one more title to add. Again, it's not rewarding new members for joining. The new era name is just because it's a new title while we have a lot of new guys coming in. I personally don't see a big deal with the new era name.
[/QUOTE]

First, call it something other than "New Era" WWE has abused that so much this past year, lol.

Second, the issue was that you were going to give them a guaranteed main event and title shot without them doing stuff in the league. I get they are the reason why you are bringing in the Championship, but they should have to earn their title shot before you give them it.

But I am also repeating myself...sooo.....

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score

First, call it something other than "New Era" WWE has abused that so much this past year, lol.

Second, the issue was that you were going to give them a guaranteed main event and title shot without them doing stuff in the league. I get they are the reason why you are bringing in the Championship, but they should have to earn their title shot before you give them it.

But I am also repeating myself...sooo.....[/QUOTE]
Well, I was going to give them that spot just because it would be a bigger PPV event. I personally think more storyline other than wins and all that. These new guys were coming in and in their words "We're taking over" so I thought it would make a good storyline. I wanted to bring in a new championship since we got so many members, and I didn't think of a tournament right away. Again, I personally thought it was best to go storyline with the new title since that would add to the PPV event. Anyway, it really doesn't matter now since that tournament is on. I'm putting my money on the new guys making it to the finals though since they know how to play this game quite well.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'd admit that my hand at trying to lift the overbearing number of rules and regulations in the regular leagues failed, but that was more the fault of people not signing up more than the fault of the rules not being present.

I wanted to join the league when it was still 2K16; however, as I previously said, the overbearing rules and regulations that are cut down to times and actions before and after moves is just a big "what?", in my opinion. What is the point of not being able to end a match without a finisher? What is the point of banning "2nd chance reversals"? What is the point of the, quite frankly, Blue submission rule? Why can't you pin after a submission? Why can't you win with a submission?

Let people play the game, if they're spamming, don't let them play the game? Watering down all these rules isn't helping anything, in my opinion. Mind you these are observations from a guy who has played some competitive 2K, and observed these leagues from afar, for some time.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
I'm putting my money on the new guys making it to the finals though since they know how to play this game quite well.
Way to value the rest of the league that has been here for the last year and a half.

Also, I think oduble champions should be allowed. Adds some surprise factor and can make things and matches very interesting.

Reactions: Sam?!, CiV and Drag

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Way to value the rest of the league that has been here for the last year and a half.

Also, I think oduble champions should be allowed. Adds some surprise factor and can make things and matches very interesting.
possible I guess. And yeah, I'm not going to lie and say everyone here is a super pro pro player. I always said they had promos down, but I never said they were the best players in the world. a lot of them are good at the game, but do I think they'll have easy matches with these new guys? Probably not tbh, but you'll see their skill level when you have matches with them. You see, they come from years of just playing to win. This league mostly creates storylines while you have some competitive players as well.

AfricanScatMahn

The Showoff
Reaction score
Please call the new championship and the era a different name. Cause what I just read it feels like you're stealing word for word storylines from wwe.... and they're not even good wwe story lines ha.

Ginothony Bamtano

I rate this forum a decent to strong 4
Banned
Reaction score
possible I guess. And yeah, I'm not going to lie and say everyone here is a super pro pro player. I always said they had promos down, but I never said they were the best players in the world. a lot of them are good at the game, but do I think they'll have easy matches with these new guys? Probably not tbh, but you'll see their skill level when you have matches with them. You see, they come from years of just playing to win. This league mostly creates storylines while you have some competitive players as well.
I understand that, and that's all fine.

It just seems like you're pushing us old guys to the side and just favoring the new crowd coming in a little bit more with an insta main event spot and such.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
What is the point of not being able to end a match without a finisher?
When does a WWE match end without a finisher? How would it be fair to hit a DDT and go for a pin? Pins can be weird at times, but how do you think people would feel if they lost to a normal move? This is probably one of the most loved rules here. It's just cheap to go for the win after normal moves. 90% of the league will tell you the same thing.

What is the point of banning "2nd chance reversals"?
Being tested right now. May change next month.

Why can't you pin after a submission? Why can't you win with a submission?
Mate, I'm not sure if you're telling the truth about playing in real 2K competitive matches. Sports leagues have way more rules than us, and you seem to be mostly a ranked player with wanting these rules out. Why not pin after a submission finisher? What was the point of using a submission finisher? You get two chances to win? Using normal submissions to win even though they're quite OP? Mate, feel free to ask the league if they want these rules out. I doubt you'll get too fair with it, and that's just me being honest with you

Last edited: