It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Watch-Through

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
You can't start off this thread without getting us pumping to the theme song!

6078bf22bbf73eaef38f3323a60c5461.png

I love me some Power Rangers, but I do have to say looking back that day of the Dumpster is a bit weak of a start.

In the Sentai start Bandora (Rita) actually blows the astronauts into outer space and then shrinks a rocket with kids on it.

First of all please tell me you made that custom made Logo^ Yeah Bandora is evil as fuck in Zyuranger she gave no fucks about killing kids need be if the Rangers also went with them. She would do it multiple times as the Series went on, and if you want to start Sentai Zyuranger the perfect Season to start with and next two after I love which our PR adapted and used in Mighty Morphin hard.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Was it just me or does the American footage in the beginning feel really cheap when you get older? Like not much attention on it?

I mean most of the stories in the first few episodes surrounding their principal, Ernie or Bulk and Skull feels very Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Even the American shot footage of the monsters and suits were cheaply made. You ever notice the difference in quality?

Sentai:
latest

Rangers:
shield-2.jpg

That shield quality alone.

Speaking of Goldar, you notice he's seen flying in the Sentai footage used, but loses his wings for no reason on Rangers until Lord Zedd gives them back? Also, they show Rita flying her tricycle on the globe, despite her not doing that on the actual show? Scorpina also completely disappears on Rangers without a reason because they exhaust her Sentai footage without Goldar and their marriage/baby story that Rangers didn't adapt. Shame really. I liked her character. I know they recast her at one point, so should have kept using her. Same thing happened to Goldar, couldn't use his amazing Sentai footage so they remade him using a costume shipped over from Japan, but the mouth could even move right. :lizlol
:banderas:

Yeah Saban for his money didn't understand how it would look with the Sentai footage. The Writing Team had enough problems trying to put together stories with the Sentai footage let alone to see how the Suits match up hehe. Goldar lost his Wings in Zyuranger due to him failing so many times for Bandora. I want to tell you more about Goldar, Bandora, and another Character attached to them, but since you have interest in watching Zyuranger I'm going to stay quiet.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Was it just me or does the American footage in the beginning feel really cheap when you get older? Like not much attention on it?

I mean most of the stories in the first few episodes surrounding their principal, Ernie or Bulk and Skull feels very Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Even the American shot footage of the monsters and suits were cheaply made. You ever notice the difference in quality?

Sentai:
latest

Rangers:
shield-2.jpg

That shield quality alone.

Speaking of Goldar, you notice he's seen flying in the Sentai footage used, but loses his wings for no reason on Rangers until Lord Zedd gives them back? Also, they show Rita flying her tricycle on the globe, despite her not doing that on the actual show? Scorpina also completely disappears on Rangers without a reason because they exhaust her Sentai footage without Goldar and their marriage/baby story that Rangers didn't adapt. Shame really. I liked her character. I know they recast her at one point, so should have kept using her. Same thing happened to Goldar, couldn't use his amazing Sentai footage so they remade him using a costume shipped over from Japan, but the mouth could even move right. :lizlol
:banderas:

Yeah Saban for his money didn't understand how it would look with the Sentai footage. The Writing Team had enough problems trying to put together stories with the Sentai footage let alone to see how the Suits match up hehe. Goldar lost his Wings in Zyuranger due to him failing so many times for Bandora. I want to tell you more about Goldar, Bandora, and another Character attached to them, but since you have interest in watching Zyuranger I'm going to stay quiet.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
It's funny you show pics of Green Ranger, because the Writing Team had no fucking clue a 6th Ranger was going to be apart of the Sentai footage. They watched a Episode when he debuts and were like shit what are we going to do?? It worked out because he's still one of the most Rangers ever.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It's funny you show pics of Green Ranger, because the Writing Team had no fucking clue a 6th Ranger was going to be apart of the Sentai footage. They watched a Episode when he debuts and were like shit what are we going to do?? It worked out because he's still one of the most Rangers ever.
Green with Evil is still my favorite thing ever.

I actually used to rent the 6 part home video tapes, that were actually on 6 separate tapes, over and over as a child.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Wait, did Saban not watch Zyuranger? It only came out a year before he began filming.

I knew he wanted Jetman, but changed to Zyuranger due to Jurassic Park, but come on.

BTW that theme is still a banger despite not being as good as Mighty Morphin.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Green with Evil is still my favorite thing ever.

I actually used to rent the 6 part home video tapes, that were actually on 6 separate tapes, over and over as a child.

Yeah I owned the same VHS Tapes and it was hard to find a few of them I remember for my Parents. I know for sure my Parents were like fuck these PR, kinda how years prior I was all TMNT.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Wait, did Saban not watch Zyuranger? It only came out a year before he began filming.

I knew he wanted Jetman, but changed to Zyuranger due to Jurassic Park, but come on.

BTW that theme is still a banger despite not being as good as Mighty Morphin.

Saban had only seen clips here and there from Zyuranger, but he saw enough to see that the Show could work. I mean even the White Ranger is from Dairanger which is after Zyuranger which I love their Theme as well.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

cScMLHCl.png

Episode 3: Teamwork aka Captain Planet's favorite Episode.
The name of the Episode is called Teamwork right..well I didn't see any of that when Kimberly and Trini wanted to clean up a local Dump Site in Angel Grove. You would of thought Jason, Zack and Billy would be on board to help, but they had other pressing matters that didn't involve playing with themselves, and how you do leave Trini and Kim by themselves which comes into the picture when Kim and Trini are attacked by Putties when they arrive at the Dump Site. You might be wondering hoho, you're just fucking around, but no Zack was called by Alpha 5 and he thought it would be something important, but in actuality Alpha 5 wanted to learn some cool moves from Zack:lizlol

We could of lost Trini and Kim in this Episode fellas, like for real! Just as the three guys are going to help their fellow Rangers, Rita sends down Minotaur and once again Kim and Trini get tossed to the side as important for now. Granted Rita main purpose here was to send Minotaur and Goldar and the Putties to break up the team and see if they survive with them separated from each other for much of the Episode till the end. Even with the Rangers using their Zords, they couldn't handle Minotaur and Zordon tells the Rangers to come to the Command Center to think about another plan. For the first time the Rangers would now have the Power Weapons and the Power Blaster coming together for the first time is epic with each Rangers saying their Power Weapons before tossing them in the air, and yet somehow they stay frozen in the air.

The Rangers didn't need the Megazord to defeat the Monster of the day, but the Power Blaster as one was the deciding factor to beat Minotaur finally telling the Rangers you win as a team and lose as one. The Episode ends with the Rangers laughing and thinking about how bad Alpha 5 is at dancing, it's downright criminal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiffy Lube

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
As much as I liked Power Rangers as a younger child. I tried to do a rewatch a few years ago and couldn't do it.

:MJ2:

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
As much as I liked Power Rangers as a younger child. I tried to do a rewatch a few years ago and couldn't do it.

:MJ2:

Yeah I understand that it's pretty cheesy, but I love Cheese and I've never given up any of my Childhood loves so I'm here till death do us part.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
ydwy6u5.gif

Episode 4: A Pressing Engagement aka Jason can you lift bro?​

I find it funny over the years how Saban's crew can somehow repackage and redo the same idea and display it with something with a new Monster of the week. Didn't Rita learn in the previous Episode no matter what she does to separate and try to mentally defeat the Rangers when they are alone, they'll get help from the rest of the Rangers and help that lone Ranger find their spirit again? As Jason is trying to break the top Bench Pressing Record for Angel Grove, it seems his focus isn't where it needs to be, but Rita for real the guy lifted over 1000 plus times and somehow he isn't a strong leader are you nuts? I mean personally I wouldn't be able to keep my focus looking like how she was looking in this Episode, but I would find my way and destroy anything Rita gave us to fight. After Rita is able to separate Jason from the rest of the team, Jason would need to take on King Sphinx and Goldar alone on the battlefield!

As Jason is fighting with two Monsters high into the air, Zordon tells the rest of the Rangers that they need the Power Crystals to beat Goldar and Sphinx, and you know what's funny I'm pretty sure they showed the Crystals before and in the Sentai Show the Crystals are their Wheel to drive the Zord, it's not a powerup of any kind lol. Anyways after some creative battling from the Rangers Sphinx was sent to the Shadow Realm as Goldar cried back home to mommy. Jason to be honest should of struggled more on it's own for this Episode to be more effective to me, like him coming close to actually losing, but you know Sentai footage it wasn't like Saban was going to create original footage back at this time. Don't worry people Jason did get that Bench Pressing Record and Bulk wasn't having it towards the end of the Episode and Bulk's love for food was his downfall as you see in the gif above.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Bulk should easily be able to beat Jason in bench press competition but gotta have the good guys overcome. Fuckin' hell.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Bulk should easily be able to beat Jason in bench press competition but gotta have the good guys overcome. Fuckin' hell.

Yeah I feel for Bulk it was him who had the Record and then Jason broke it, but he wasn't easy to do. I liked how it showed even though Jason was the leader of the team, he showed kinks in his Armor and needed help. Austin was the youngest of the team in real life, and you can for sure see how he was perfect for the role.