HHHate Hunter? Think he's HHHitler? Post HHHere!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

I understand where they are going, but they don't have to make him look so weak in the process.

Weak? Its HHH!! That's why I think he SHOULD put guys over. He can take a couple of losses and the fans will still cheer for him.

C4

He is the old guy right now and he needs no push, he is being used to put younger guys over like Jeff Hardy and imo that's a good Idea, of having him in a Storyline with Jeff Hardy and making him loose in a Match with the guy it just builds the future of Jeff Hardy and that's all that matters because HHH doesn't need anymore wins, and HHH won't be dead if he looses a Match or two because he already had a golden career so yeah, it's time to push Jeff Hardy!

CenaMark54

I understand where they are going, but they don't have to make him look so weak in the process.

Weak? Its HHH!! That's why I think he SHOULD put guys over. He can take a couple of losses and the fans will still cheer for him.

I'm not saying he shouldn't lose....But losing to Hardy via roll up is a little overboard. The guy has kicked out of some of the greatest finishers for years.

The next time HHH kicks out of an RKO, how does it make Orton's finisher look?

Its not as if Hardy was dominating him either and he was too hurt/tired to kick out. They should have had Hardy hit the swanton.

When the hell did I say HHH should win every match? He should lose but still look strong in the process because the next time he goes out and beats Orton or Batista or anyone, they will look like chumps because they lost to a guy who couldn't kick out of a friggin roll up in a match with a title shot on the line.

Also, if anyone thinks Hardy will beat Orton at the Royal Rumble, you are sadly mistaken. The only reason he is going to face Orton is because they need an over face for Orton to beat cleanly.

the dark knight

you realize that kicking out of a strongly applied roll up/inside cradle/small package/whatever is MUCH MUCH harder than kicking out of a normal pin right? in real wrestling that is...your shoulders are LOCKED! i dont care if he kicked out of the pedigree, rko, tombstone or the FU. his shoulders and legs had no pressure on them and he could easily power out of the pin..

CenaMark54

^^^I know..but this is professional wrestling. A Stone Cold stunner wouldn't knock you out in real life and a chockslam would be almost impossible to do without the other guy jumping.

In real life an armbar is more painful than the figure four.

Do you see where I am going. This is big time professional wrestling, not amatuer wrestling or MMA. Most of the moves done in professional wrestling wouldn't hurt. It like saying a punch to the face would hurt in real life so its completely legit that Hardy beat HHH with one punch.

I realize that roll up have been used in the past to win matches, but they are kicked out of more often than not. Someone with as much reputation and credibility as HHH should not be losing a number one contenders match via roll up.

I will use another example of booking gone horribly wrong and it actually involves Cena winning matches at Wrestlemania via submission. No one, and I mean no one should be tapping out at wrestlemania in a championship match. It minimizes the meaning of wrestlemania. If it is the biggest night of the year, people should be passing out due to pain and never quitting. The last two years Cena has beat HHH and HBK using a submission move and it has pissed me off. The HHH character or the HBK character should never tap out in a championship match. Wrestlemanai should mean so much that they would die before giving up.

A number one contenders match should be the same way. An alltime great should not be losign these types of matches with a fluky roll up. To make matters worse, it will make anyone Triple H beats recently look weak, especially when he starts kicking out of finishers again.

Great One

Nah, they played it off like Triple H underestimated Hardy and the point of losing to a roll up is due to the surprise factor. Meaning it varies. You can't just judge it by quantity like say in comparing finishers.

I think it was perfect, tbh, Jeff hit so much offense and basically all his signature moves or at least attempted them, and Triple H just kept coming right back at him intentionally selling it somewhat weak.

the dark knight

i understand what you're saying, but WWE made the kinda roll ups jeff applied look tough. even in the game, they call it possum pin. it can give you the match easily...dunno about you, but it makes sense to me and did not make triple h look any weaker...:)

edit-
ty great one, UNDERESTIMATED << another factor..

CenaMark54

Ok maybe I'm overreacting. I probably would have no problem with it if it were a regular match on Raw. Its just hard for me to beleive that someone who is classified as the game and the ultimate ring general and someone who's entire gimmick is based on obtaining championship gold, would lose that easily in a number one contenders match.

Like I said, I see where they are going with the whole "HHH is going soft" angle, I just don't like it. It sort of discredits Hardy's victory if you look at it that way. If you look at it the other way, it will make anyone Triple H beats look weak by comparison.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
I see where CM54 is going, how could the King of Kings, the 11 time former World Champ lose a match by a roll up? But what HHH is doing is what someone at the top, who's already done everything they can for the business cept become a commentator. So he's helping the younger talent get the shine they deserve. There's no way Hardy's winning but he does get to main event his first PPV.

Reaction score
^^^HHH can only lose to Jeff Hardy via roll up. The roll up is almost an indecisive win. The caught him off guard routine. Does anyone really think he would let Hardy swanton him and get the clean pin? I like HHH where he is now. This the place I thought he should've been 4 years ago. Although the cheapie 11th title reign is sickening. I will never like the guy.

This Guy

I see where CM54 is going, how could the King of Kings, the 11 time former World Champ lose a match by a roll up? But what HHH is doing is what someone at the top, who's already done everything they can for the business cept become a commentator. So he's helping the younger talent get the shine they deserve. There's no way Hardy's winning but he does get to main event his first PPV.

Actually it makes more scense then everyone is saying. Remember what they played up prior to the match? Triple H has always been victorious when it comes to getting shots at the TItle, except when its against someone he doesn't really Hate. "And you don't hate Jeff Hardy do you Triple H" was an exact quote from the show. Well Triple H didn't hate Jeff Hardy and he lost.. so the pattern stays true. They can easily turn this around and have Triple H go on a losing streak and have to go back to being the hating monster that made him a heel.

^^^HHH can only lose to Jeff Hardy via roll up. The roll up is almost an indecisive win. The caught him off guard routine. Does anyone really think he would let Hardy swanton him and get the clean pin? I like HHH where he is now. This the place I thought he should've been 4 years ago. Although the cheapie 11th title reign is sickening. I will never like the guy.

Why wouldn't he let Hardy beat him that way, Hardy has beaten him that way before. Jeff Hardy beat Triple H for one of his IC Titles that way back in I think it was 2001, during the 2 Man Power Trip angle with Triple H & Austin.

Great One

I completely agree with your first point This Guy, smart thinking. But then I disagree, Hardy is no where near credibile or in Triple H's league at this point to actually beat him with his finisher.

kingovkings

Reaction score
i like the fact that he rolled trips up 4 the win and as said in post above its been done that way for a purpose but i see cenamark point 2. But IMO i no it sounds daft but i think hhh would have looked weaker getting beat by the swanton or whisper coz Jeff is no match for trips stamina or power wise this way he got beat by a quick thinking surprise pin not by a Sig move. I'm also like the fact trips getting beat to means his nasty heel return will b kick ass, saying that i though i don't think he should get beat by any tom dick or harry just credible ppl or it will make him look a tit

Reaction score
All of you guy may be on to something but in the end I will feel that he's just building himself back up. We'll know more after the Rumble but I'm sticking to my guns here.