Grand Theft Auto V *Official Discussion Thread*

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It's a new GTA game. Cheer the fuck up, assholes.

It's going to be beautiful.

AF.

Reaction score
It's a new GTA game. Cheer the fuck up, assholes.

It's going to be beautiful.

(Y)

Rockstar made Red Dead Redemption. I will never lose faith in this company to produce some amazing shit.

Ryan

Reaction score
Nothing special imo. Anyone that truly knows me knows that I'm one of the biggest GTA fans in the world. I've been waiting 8 fucking months since trailer 1 dropped in November for another trailer. They give us two fucking screenshots, showing nothing knew. We knew that there was a city in the game, and water. Thanks Rockstar.

I began to stop getting excited for this game due to lack of information since at least April. Depriving fans is not good promotion at all. And sure, at least we got info, but all this is, is to pump up the fans and prepare them for another goddamn information drought.

And also fuck Max Payne 3. They spent YEARS working on that game, forcing them to delay the release of GTA V, only for it to flunk in sales and and sell less copies than HALF of what LA Noire sold. MP3 was a bust, yet Rockstar ignorantly disregards that fact and probably won't release Trailer 2 until November.

Sorry to be such a downer.

You're mad at Rockstar because they actually wait until they're games, trailers and screenshots are as good as they can be before releasing them so that you, the consumer, gets the most for your money? I think the video game company you want to buy games from is called Activision. They release this game called Call of Duty every year and it's the same shit every year and yet somehow it still manages to be buggy. Based on your post, I think that's the kind of game you enjoy spending your money and wasting your time on.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Rockstar has yet to fail me in any game it has come out with since GTA III. I am so incredibly pumped for this game! I better get my fucking ps3 fixed so I can play some GTA IV online to get myself even more pumped.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Speculation over the its highly anticipated project's appearance at Europe's biggest games event has intensified in recent weeks, due in part to an official Gamescom trailer which featured a snippet of footage from Rockstar North's next crime opus.

But a spokesperson for Gamescom has told CVG that the Grand Theft Auto V footage was included "in error".

Franko Fischer, communications manager of Gamescom's organising body Koelnmesse, said "Rockstar Games is not scheduled and has never been scheduled to exhibit at Gamescom 2012".

He said that all GTA V footage has now been removed from the Gamescom trailer.

"We apologise for any confusion this may have caused," he added.

Fischer was nevertheless upbeat about the show's appeal to the games market. He said there would be numerous world premieres and surprise reveals at the show.

"Although GTA 5 won't be at the show, I think we will once again have the most spectacular world premieres set for the events," he added.

About seven months have passed since Rockstar sent shockwaves across the industry with a surprise GTA 5 trailer.

Since then, aside from two GTA V screenshots, there has been little information on the new project.

Gamescom begins August 15th and runs throughout the week.

Source: News: GTA 5 will not be shown at Gamescom - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Well that sucks. I was really hoping we'd see some new info from GTA 5. We have waited so long for new info, I mean sure two new screenshots are nice, but what do they give us as information prior to the game wise? Exactly, nothing. By the looks of it, the game won't be released by the end of the year which fucking sucks. Maybe not even til fall 2013 or whenever the next-gen platforms come out.. I sort of do care on how long we have to wait for the game, but if it's for the better, I'm sort of ok with it but I'm getting impatient. I just wanna hear news on the fucking thing... Stop hiding it in the dark ffs.

Last edited:

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
im expecting this to be one of the last great games of this console generation.every generation always 1or 2 games that launch right near its end that make you say fuck i cant wait to play this on a more powerful console.last gen was re4 and god of war.released only a few months befone the 360.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Rockstar has yet to fail me in any game it has come out with since GTA III. I am so incredibly pumped for this game! I better get my fucking ps3 fixed so I can play some GTA IV online to get myself even more pumped.
Seriously! What are these "bad games" that Rockstar has apparently tainted their reputation with? Rockstar hate is so unbelievably laughable.

Ryan

Reaction score
Seriously! What are these "bad games" that Rockstar has apparently tainted their reputation with? Rockstar hate is so unbelievably laughable.

People always find a way to hate on success. I hate Activision for releasing COD every year but I mean, come on, why wouldn't they when they rake in enormous profits every year for releasing essentially the same game? Do I think it's bullshit? Yes. Will I support them? No. But they've found a formula for success albeit one that takes advantage of the consumer. The hate on companies like Activision and EA is a bit more understandable though. I don't understand the Rockstar hate either. Probably stems from the fact that their games have such long development cycles and unlike other game companies, most of the info about their games stays under wraps until release day.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Rockstar made Red Dead Redemption, they can do no wrong, I think someone else said that earlier.

But honestly, I don't Activision for COD. Every damn year, same game with a couple shiny new guns, new maps, and maybe a little extra something in the Multiplayer that could have easily been added to the last game.

Ryan

Reaction score
And then they rape your wallet for everything you have with the DLC which consists of shit that should've just been included in the game in the first place.

AF.

Reaction score
Rockstar is a company we should all be supporting not hating. They produce quality games time and time again.

If you don't like their games, there is something wrong with you. EVERYBODY likes GTA.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The only Rockstar game I played that I even remotely disliked was Warriors. Aside from that hiccup, it seems every game they've ever made is nominated for GOTY. The GTAIV hate in particular was the biggest load of bull crap I've ever had the displeasure of reading. That game was fucking phenomenal in all aspects and the people that still manage to find any wrong in it are seriously the silliest nerds on the face of the planet.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
My only issue with GTA4 was Niko, I had to turn off the volume and listen to music because I couldnt stand listening to his voice, it was like a really bad Sasha Baron Cohen impression. That was all made better in Lost and the Damned. A minor issue I was able to get around & continue to enjoy the game.

State of Emergency & Earthworm Jim 3D are 2 other Rockstar games I need to throw out there for not being that good, but I actually liked The Warriors.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
State of Emergency was fine as long as you weren't really looking for a serious game and just wanted to go on massive killing sprees. Kind of like a party game or something along those lines. It wasn't a masterpiece, but I don't think it was ever intended to be. Just seemed like a gloves-off version of GTA without a story getting in the way. Never played the Earthworm Jim game.

But yeah, The Warriors had it's moments, I just wasn't very pulled into the game like I normally am with Rockstar games. Probably because I never watched the movie it was based on.