Royal Rumble Give me one good reason why Bryan deserved to win the Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Say whatever you want, you clearly have been in your own mark universe for a while now. You've tried to convince people here DZ deserved a win, and then said if no Roman Reigns, then Dean Ambrose. I think we are wearing different glasses watching the shows.

Kane has no chance, but more than Ziggler. Zack Ryder, Adam Rose, and Boogyman were the only ones with less chance than 2 of the names you mentioned.

I meant if they were booked better, I'd have liked to see 'em win the Rumble. Sorry for being a fan of DZ, Cesaro and Ambrose.

And that was more of a fantasy booking, than the 'believability' of them actually winning it.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Lesnar's a physical beast. He's got pretty much every single accomplishment and not even "Kick out at 2" John Cena could beat him.
So wait, Roman isn't a physical powerhouse? Not really sure what you're trying to say.
He's been protected so much in 2013 till now. What makes you think that his spear on The Undertaker can't be compared to Brock's F5?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The way WWE booked him showed no signs of winning the Rumble.

I'm very well aware of that. He's been buried, I was just fantasy-booking stuff when I mentioned Cesaro, Ambrose and Ziggler.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He has size but he can do fuck all besides a superman punch, a clothesline and a spear.
I can't believe people still bitch about fucking move sets in WWE.

Do you honestly think he can't utilize more wrestling maneuvers? Like, in your head, do you TRULY think WWE is like "man, I wish Reigns had more moves, but we'll just have to make do!"

No, of course he can do more wrestling moves. WWE dumbing down a guys move set is as old as WWE itself. Do you think Hogan can only do a scoop slam, big boot and leg drop? Watch some of his stuff from Japan. These guys can work, but that isn't the WWE formula. If you hate main eventers with limited move sets, find a new company to watch.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
And Reigns needs more time to build himself up so he's good enough. Bryan has the talent + the experience to put on a great match. Reigns is pretty much hope for the best.
You are out of your fucking mind. Lesnar has 60+lb easily on DB.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I can't believe people still bitch about fucking move sets in WWE.

Do you honestly think he can't utilize more wrestling maneuvers? Like, in your head, do you TRULY think WWE is like "man, I wish Reigns had more moves, but we'll just have to make do!"

No, of course he can do more wrestling moves. WWE dumbing down a guys move set is as old as WWE itself. Do you think Hogan can only do a scoop slam, big boot and leg drop? Watch some of his stuff from Japan. These guys can work, but that isn't the WWE formula. If you hate main eventers with limited move sets, find a new company to watch.
I don't blame Reigns for not being allowed to show off more moves, that's more on WWE. Can he do more unique beastly moves then, Vince? I'm not asking for 100 different moves a match, but we don't get to see proper wrestling from Reigns.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I meant if they were booked better, I'd have liked to see 'em win the Rumble. Sorry for being a fan of DZ, Cesaro and Ambrose.
just stop misinterpreting your opinion as a possibility. I like all three also, doesnt mean reality isn't sitting next to me.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Some of you are making it seem as if somebody blew slug threw Bryan's brain last night. His popularity will only increase, as always.
Reigns has movie star potential. What part of that don't any of you understand?
It's 2015 and WWE makes money in ways other than in the squared circle. They're a media empire onto itself.
Taking this risk while Cena is still making them money is smart.

With all the young talent in WWE, it's time to push the 29 year old. It's stupid how much talent this company has waiting in the wings.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
but what was the better option? Outside of a CM Punk return, anyone going over brock will be buried by the crowd. Bryan is a midget coming off a terrible surgery list, Cena...come on, Ambrose? Wyatt? Kane? Rollins? There is no one legit built to beat him, especially at this point.

I'm on the wagon of people saying the fans will mark balls when Rollins tries to cash in on Reigns after...no matter which way it goes.

We can agree to disagree on anything, but Reigns is being built as the next Rock, Cena, you name it. He is going to be shoved down our throats, and i'm not saying it will be AMAZING, but like it or not, you can "believe that." It's still better than DB.
Reigns is probably the 'best' choice, but they've sabotaged his push every step of the way with awful booking, promo and his lack of gimmick.

This is Rocky Maivia but even worse because instead of being pushed to the IC belt, he is being pushed all the way. He will need a heel turn and to completely reinvent himself to get the stank of this rocket push off him.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Alright, my comments on Reigns are a bit OTT. He's believable enough to beat Lesnar in the end. Is he the right choice? IMO, no. And most of that falls on WWE and Vince. They didn't give Reigns the right match possibilities and mic time.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Alright, my comments on Reigns are a bit OTT. He's believable enough to beat Lesnar in the end. Is he the right choice? IMO, no. And most of that falls on WWE and Vince. They didn't give Reigns the right match possibilities and mic time.
Then who would, in your mind?
And explain why as well.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Then who would, in your mind?
And explain why as well.
If they gave Reigns the right material and if he had a bit more experience, he's not bad. I still think Cesaro could beat the 1 in 21 and 1.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Reigns is probably the 'best' choice, but they've sabotaged his push every step of the way with awful booking, promo and his lack of gimmick.

This is Rocky Maivia but even worse because instead of being pushed to the IC belt, he is being pushed all the way. He will need a heel turn and to completely reinvent himself to get the stank of this rocket push off him.
I agree, but like it or not it is happening. I don't expect him to have his first belt run for long, as Rollins is going to win (most likely without the authority) and we will see how it goes.

I didn't choose for them to make him one-up Cena with a move legit called Superman punch ffs? Just stating there was no other option built at the moment. TBH I thought the entire PPV was pretty shitty, who the fuck honestly were interested when #1 and #2 came down to the ring. I felt trolled and added another check to the "why I pirate" list.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Undertaker is booked as a dead guy, how real is that? Cmon. Boogeyman, eater of worlds, a midget leprechaun, but it's out of the realm a guy like Daniel Bryan is believable to beat Lesnar. Let's call a spade a spade, and not just say things when it benefits your case. He gave reason why in the unbelievable world of WWE why it makes sense but it's not good enough. Cmon