Royal Rumble Give me one good reason why Bryan deserved to win the Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Hey I'm all for a good time dawg. Just a lil insight on why when I was disrespectful it was because wuestions I'm asked are to be silly. You come at me saying im butthurt bout Bryan but its bout how y'all talk to people with no respect.

In closing, I think Reigns will be Ight, prob got pushed too fast, kinda scares me cuz of how Ryback and Sheamus handled it. We'll see.

Deuces
I agree, he won't take the ball and run with it well. You know it's purposely talking shit because he is your dude, it'd be like you trolling me with how great Ryder did last night....since I legit marked my ass off for his return.

Reactions: Danielson

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I got some real cool people on here I talk to everyday. I hook em up with free NBA, NFL, etc. You don't like me, no sweat off my back and I know you intimidate people DZ and they try to avoid you at all cost. You're gonna go far kid.
wait we arent close enough for me to get free NFL etc?

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
wait we arent close enough for me to get free NFL etc?

I give it to Snow snow and him and I text bout football all day. I hook Dat Kid production up with a donation, I give Arab NBA, and then I gotta read what type of person I am from people that don't know me, period.

If you want MLB, I'll give ya my account but we gonna have to talk more baseball sometime.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Without going through 7 pages of whatever I will say Bryan did not deserve to win the Rumble, he did however deserve to make it into the final 5 left in the ring.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I give it to Snow snow and him and I text bout football all day. I hook Dat Kid production up with a donation, I give Arab NBA, and then I gotta read what type of person I am from people that don't know me, period.

If you want MLB, I'll give ya my account but we gonna have to talk more baseball sometime.
I would kill to chat more baseball, we are basically two of three people here who watch the first half. Let me know when Spring Training starts and count me in, I'll buy or set up an FTP server you can get some gaming off me for.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I would kill to chat more baseball, we are basically two of three people here who watch the first half. Let me know when Spring Training starts and count me in, I'll buy or set up an FTP server you can get some gaming off me for.
Yeah man, not alot of people even in my real life that like baseball so it'll be cool to be able to watch and chat with ya bout it. I'll hit ya up for sure in ST

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah man, not alot of people even in my real life that like baseball so it'll be cool to be able to watch and chat with ya bout it. I'll hit ya up for sure in ST
Thank god. I'm the same here, every fucking year I have to hang out solo for ST, and then the bandwagon comes, and I end up talking shit for the last two months while people move back to the winners.

Seriously I'm glad the Pack lost, it puts a ton of pressure off of Mil, because in WI that makes sense. FFS. Just keep your collegiate football opinions off my body Danielson.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Can't say that I'm surprised Bryan didn't win, but I am surprised by just how quickly and unceremoniously he was eliminated. I mean, they could at least pretend that this guy is the same guy who main evented Wrestlemania just last year and not treat him like he's some Curtis Axel-level nobody. I'm pretty sure at least 85-90% of the participants in the match lasted longer than he did.

OK, that said, I don't completely hate the fact that Reigns won. Yes, Bryan should have won as he's still the most over guy and him vs Lesnar is arguably the biggest money-match that they could have done (and if the backlash continues, that's probably what we'll end up getting at Mania regardless), but at least with Reigns we know they're trying to create a new star unlike with Batista last year. As for the arguments that he isn't "ready", you could have said the same thing about Batista himself in 2005 (how many singles matches did he have on PPV before then? All of two?) and look what he became. Ryback would have become a star, too, if he had beat Punk at HIAC 2012 and then been subsequently booked as a strong babyface champion. Hopefully this reaction was just a Philly thing and doesn't continue with the rest of the crowds.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Can't say that I'm surprised Bryan didn't win, but I am surprised by just how quickly and unceremoniously he was eliminated. I mean, they could at least pretend that this guy is the same guy who main evented Wrestlemania just last year and not treat him like he's some Curtis Axel-level nobody. I'm pretty sure at least 85-90% of the participants in the match lasted longer than he did.

OK, that said, I don't completely hate the fact that Reigns won. Yes, Bryan should have won as he's still the most over guy and him vs Lesnar is arguably the biggest money-match that they could have done (and if the backlash continues, that's probably what we'll end up getting at Mania regardless), but at least with Reigns we know they're trying to create a new star unlike with Batista last year. As for the arguments that he isn't "ready", you could have said the same thing about Batista himself in 2005 (how many singles matches did he have on PPV before then? All of two?) and look what he became. Ryback would have become a star, too, if he had beat Punk at HIAC 2012 and then been subsequently booked as a strong babyface champion. Hopefully this reaction was just a Philly thing and doesn't continue with the rest of the crowds.
In fairness, most would argue Batista was more over and had more pure momentum than Reigns has this year.
I wanted to raise the Batista point as well, but that guy had been working HHH for sometime prior to the Rumble win.
HHH had the world in the palm of his hand and people were clamoring for Batista to take it to the Game.

The payoff for Lesnar finally losing was always going to be for Roman Reigns.
It's Reigns who has the potential to be a media huge star. This is why the move was made. Bryan is a wrestling superstar, while Reigns has the ability to be a pop icon.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
In fairness, most would argue Batista was more over and had more pure momentum than Reigns has this year.
I wanted to raise the Batista point as well, but that guy had been working HHH for sometime prior to the Rumble win.
HHH had the world in the palm of his hand and people were clamoring for Batista to take it to the Game.

It's Reigns who has the potential to be a media huge star. This is why the move was made. Bryan is a wrestling superstar, while Reigns has the ability to be a pop icon.
Who invited you back!?

You watching RAW? I'll bet on your namechange.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Stopspot wins again.

This shouldn't have been a "Bryan or nobody" type of year like it was last year. They didn't spend the last 6 months beating up their top babyface just to never plan a payoff. Now, Bryan was made for life after last year. There's no need for him to win the title this year, too. Hell, on paper it's far superior to let Bryan wrestle a compelling match against another opponent, because after ALL they've put into Lesnar. Beating the Streak. Demolishing Cena. Going full Hulk mode here, it all needs to be put into creating a brand new star.

Now here's my question to you: who's the new star you're putting over here? It's not Reigns.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I got some real cool people on here I talk to everyday. I hook em up with free NBA, NFL, etc. You don't like me, no sweat off my back and I know you intimidate people DZ and they try to avoid you at all cost. You're gonna go far kid.
is this fucking guy still talking shit ITT?

Jesus Christ, I dropped it when Punk asked nicely.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

@4:45

Again, not really sure what you're talking about. It's a known fact that some crowds are rowdy and some aren't.

Yes but the problem with this is that only some crowds are rowdy for Reigns where practically every crowd is for Bryan.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
but what was the better option? Outside of a CM Punk return, anyone going over brock will be buried by the crowd. Bryan is a midget coming off a terrible surgery list, Cena...come on, Ambrose? Wyatt? Kane? Rollins? There is no one legit built to beat him, especially at this point.

I'm on the wagon of people saying the fans will mark balls when Rollins tries to cash in on Reigns after...no matter which way it goes.

We can agree to disagree on anything, but Reigns is being built as the next Rock, Cena, you name it. He is going to be shoved down our throats, and i'm not saying it will be AMAZING, but like it or not, you can "believe that." It's still better than DB.

That's not how it worked with the Rock, though. Rocky Maivia was shoved down the fans' throats and there wasn't an arena where "Die, Rocky die" or "Rocky Sucks" didn't echo throughout the place. So, WWF did the only thing they could, switched him to a heel and removed him from the main event scene and did exactly what they should be doing with Reigns right now: let the fans grow to love him by not trying to make them love him.

I've no doubt at all that Reigns is capable of being a huge star. But in the 30 years I've been watching wrestling, there are two undeniable facts: Ric Flair will wooo each time on camera and fans will reject a wrestler if they feel the promoters are trying to force them to love him. The best thing they could do is keep Reigns on the singles scene, give him an IC title run and let the fans gradually warm up to him. People keep thinking I and others who didn't want Reigns to win are anti Reigns and that's just not the case. Moreso than wanting Daniel Bryan to win, I want Roman Reigns to develop in the appropriate way where he has a chance at longevity. This method of pushing him is not going to do that.

The purest fact here is this: we can sit here and argue all week over who deserves the push more. Regardless of what we say, It's obvious to anyone with even one out of five senses that the majority of the fan base wants Daniel Bryan over Roman Reigns. The majority of the fan base is pissed that Reigns is getting the spot over Daniel Bryan, regardless of whether he deserves it or not. And the majority of the fan base is going to point that anger at Roman Reigns regardless of whether he deserves it or not (and for the record, he does not deserve to be treated as poorly by the fans as he is being treated). So at the end of the day, people who like Reigns think this is good for him. But it's not. if the people who like Reigns actually care about what happens to him, then you should be concerned because the only thing WWE is doing for him right now is sacrificing him to an unhappy fan base.

Last edited:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

Batista was barely even over until late 2004. I remember a guy amusingly holding up a sign at Survivor Series 2004 that read, "Hahaha, Batista can't get over." It was only when they started teasing around December him turning on Triple H and breaking away from Evolution that he started getting massive cheers week after week. And by the time the Rumble and Wrestlemania arrived, Batista was over like rover and HHH putting him over clean three PPVs in a row made him into a bonafide main event superstar. Reigns has actually been over as a singles competitor for a longer stretch of time than Batista was before he was pushed to the moon, so it's not hard to see why WWE were confident that the fan-base would accept Reigns as the next guy. One of the issues was that if Bryan wasn't gonna win the Rumble, then he shouldn't have even been in it. And since he was only officially cleared to wrestle a month ago, they could have easily held off his return until after the Rumble, and then a rowdy crowd like Philadelphia (ironic that it's called "The City Of Brotherly Love" lol) wouldn't get their hopes up for Bryan winning it in the first place.