Royal Rumble Give me one good reason why Bryan deserved to win the Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
On my phone currently, but you want to see a Daniel Bryan go against Lesnar who has lost to Bray Wyatt consistently including last week than an undefeated Roman Reigns? You want to see that instead of Beast versus the undefeated Roman Reigns? Again, bad booking bro. You don't look at all aspects, you look at what you want. You just suggested to us that Cesaro would be a good competitor for Lesnar which proves my point. And that's based off what? Wrestling skills? Since when was Cena, Rock or Lesnar five star wrestlers? Again, this isn't the Indies, this is WWE.
Daniel Bryan who was constantly attacked by Kane and just came back from injury? The fact that he has lost clean ONCE against Wyatt means shit when he still beat Triple H, Batista and Orton in the same night. He's been around for years and has proved that he is one of the best wrestlers in the world. He can hold his own in the ring and on the mic, and the fans want to see him fight Lesnar - Reigns is just being given everything and it will hurt Reigns now. He could beat Rusev in the midcard, and they could've avoided a shitstorm. Five star wrestlers? In the end, sports entertaining... Reigns can't do that. Cesaro entertains. Watch the crowd when he swings someone for 20 seconds, can lift up pretty much anyone for the neutraliser and hits someone with an uppercut. Reigns isn't ready, he deserved to be in a match with Rusev... not beating Lesnar.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Okay then, because you want to be anal about it, what the majority of fans want.

Just got done watching the show there and it was absolutely horrendous. Why was there FOUR tag team matches, a triple threat and the rumble. And I was just looking at the match times, it came to 115 minutes total for the matches. That's not even 2 hours of matches from a 3 hour show...

Having Reigns win was completely wrong, plain and simple.
Explain why it was wrong in detail please. And also say if Bryan didn't return who would be your ideal winner. Go.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I'm trying to go to sleep here so I'll respond later. Hopefully someone like D'Z, Shadow or Clinton can give some reasonable insight.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Explain why it was wrong in detail please. And also say if Bryan didn't return who would be your ideal winner. Go.

Nah, I really don't care enough. You know the reasons Punk, you're acting like another user right now and being a jackass for the sake of it :dawg:

Reactions: CFCrusader

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Nah, I really don't care enough. You know the reasons Punk, you're acting like another user right now and being a jackass for the sake of it :dawg:
Not trying to sound like an ass. I actually want a good reason rather than favoritsm. I actually don't know the reasons tbh

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
On my phone currently, but you want to see a Daniel Bryan go against Lesnar who has lost to Bray Wyatt consistently including last week than an undefeated Roman Reigns? You want to see that instead of Beast versus the undefeated Roman Reigns? Again, bad booking bro. You don't look at all aspects, you look at what you want. You just suggested to us that Cesaro would be a good competitor for Lesnar which proves my point. And that's based off what? Wrestling skills? Since when was Cena, Rock or Lesnar five star wrestlers? Again, this isn't the Indies, this is WWE.

Dude... Who was Bryan losing to/joining right before getting his title shot?

Wyatt

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Dude... Who was Bryan losing to/joining right before getting his title shot?

Wyatt
But is this actually a sign or pattern that means that he's guaranteed to win the Rumble? I'm not saying he won't be a WWE WHC in 2015, because I believe he will. But was that really something that convinced you that Bryan was winning the Rumble?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
It wasn't a shitty decision to give the win to Reigns.

It was a shitty decision to eliminate Bryan the way they did last night. Now, that was horrendous.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Why couldn't they just give Reigns the chance to beat Rusev this year and then main event next year? Bryan's back now, so they can give the win to him. If they outright went "no, Bryan's not gonna be there, he's still injured," instead of using Bryan to get a few more 9.99s, they could have pulled this off but then again, Reigns just isn't ready.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
But is this actually a sign or pattern that means that he's guaranteed to win the Rumble? I'm not saying he won't be a WWE WHC in 2015, because I believe he will. But was that really something that convinced you that Bryan was winning the Rumble?
No, you're right. I dont even understand bringing Bryan back, making a big deal about it , then tossed easy by Wyatt unless his feud is going to be against Wyatt.

Yes, if you want to hear it booking Reigns to win seemed to make sense in terms of how things have been booked recently

I just don't like it.

I wasn't like OMG reigns won BC it was fairly obvious he would once DB was tossed.

Shoulda just been a way different ending. The end booking made sense but how they got there pissed alot off. That's all I've argued, as well as Reigns not being ready and Ive said that since it was speculated he'd win and wouldn't have put.him in the spot to win initially.

Some things that didn't make sense was all the matches on SD with kane for Bryan and they don't even cross paths.

But again, the end makes sense if they go WYATT VS BRYAN

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Wyatt vs Bryan at Mania. Wyatt goes over clean, of course. And who gives a shit about DBry. WWE certainly doesn't.
I really hope that's not true. They seem to know his worth but they don't think he is capable of being the face of the company WHICH IS FINE. Bryan can be a nice fuckin wrestler but don't book him like a bum in the RR. I can dig Bryan having a Foley career as long as he gets the respect.

Ya know, it's the first PPV back and im excited to see him perform. Then 10 mins? That's the only reason im real mad.