Royal Rumble Give me one good reason why Bryan deserved to win the Rumble?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well, from a business standpoint, in the words of Ted Dibiase's entrance music Money, money, money, money, mon-eeeeeey.
I'm not sure how deserving that makes him to us but the company should appreciate it.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
You give all the shits. You only care about people's opinions when they are sucking off Bryan?

Are you suggesting that I only take into consideration people's opinions if they support Daniel Bryan....

CM Punk made this thread and I respect his knowing he isnt a fan of DB. Start to consider maybe I just dont care give a damn what YOU think and stop jumping to conclusions fuckboy

TheTNHMaster

George Bush doesn't care about black people.
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that I only take into consideration people's opinions if they support Daniel Bryan....

CM Punk made this thread and I respect his knowing he isnt a fan of DB. Start to consider maybe I just dont care give a damn what YOU think and stop jumping to conclusion fuckboy
Yes. You do care about my opinions. Why would you be getting so mad right now if you didn't?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

CM Punk made this thread and I respect his knowing he isnt a fan of DB. Start to consider maybe I just dont care give a damn what YOU think and stop jumping to conclusions fuckboy
I might come off as a Bryan hater, but I don't dislike/hate him. Not a huge fan like I used to be, I just personally don't think he was the guy that should have won the rumble based off how he was booked.

I understand that returning stars usually win the Rumble, but he lost a match on last weeks RAW compared to Roman who has been undefeated in singles matches since 2014.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I might come off as a Bryan hater, but I don't dislike/hate him. Not a huge fan like I used to be, I just personally don't think he was the guy that should have won the rumble based off how he was booked.

I understand that returning stars usually win the Rumble, but he lost a match on last weeks RAW compared to Roman who has been undefeated in singles matches since 2014.
Yeah, I never said db should have won. IMO he was just booked bad to avoid Reigns and that's why fans of DB got upset. I personally don't mind Reigns winning as long as it ends at Mania with Rollins as champ. I think he is the best in the company. Reigns, to me, is just not very interesting. He is getting sooooo much heat now. Interestingly enough, so did the Rock. They chanted "die rocky die" and he turned into one of the best heels after it. Do i think Reigns can recover, probably. Right now Vince is hurting him. My hate for Reigns is little to do with his talent. I am just more impressed with how Rollins, Ambrose, Wyatt, Ziggler etc have been performing . Vince put a rocket up his ass last night.
f6117186f3a5c92d71ed2b40e4342f39.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CM Punk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

The problem is Roman isn't nearly over enough or ready enough for what is expected of him.

In the LD you linked a video of Roman coming back as the silent badass and taking out Fandango. Well that Roman is dead. The moment they started having him speak all that presence and mystery flew out the window.

WWE wants Roman to be a big star, and so do I. But history dictates that Roman is going to crash and burn. If we look back in the books all the big names who have succeeded have been guys who have developed naturally in the mid card. From Hogan to Rock, from Austin to HHH to Cena to Bryan and so forth. They all spent a year or two developing in the mid card, allowing the fans to get to know them and develop a connection with them, as well as developing a character.

When the Shield broke off Dean and Seth established new characters with hooks and reasons to care from the word go. And that has paid off for them. Meanwhile Roman's character starts and ends at the third guy from the Shield.

And then we have his booking. He's supposed to be babyface right? Then why is he never in peril? Wrestling is an emotional roller coaster if done right. You need to root for the good guy, want to see him overcome and succeed. Roman doesn't have that, because he is never in danger. It is literally just Superman Punch followed by game over. Hell, this entire feud with the Big Show has been with Roman on top. Why should I want to see him overcome a literal giant when he has never been in danger of said giant?

They are hindering Roman more than they are helping by strapping this rocket to him. Because the crowd will not accept him, because they have never been given a reason to.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I am not saying that Reigns didn't deserve to win the Rumble.

I would have preferred that Daniel Bryan win it, however, for these reasons:

1. He's already over with the fans
2. He's proven that he can sell tickets and merchandise
3. He's talented in the ring and on the mic
4. His run was cut short
5. He wasn't in last years rumble and should have been
6. He's proven that he can headline WrestleMania and steal the show
7. I would prefer to see Bryan vs. Brock

I feel that those are personal and logical reason as to why I'd rather see Bryan win as opposed to Reigns. Also, if people mention that Bryan's injury makes the WWE worried....that's a stupid remark considering that Triple H has torn his quads and been out for a long, long time before...yet, he still won 13 world titles.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
The problem is Roman isn't nearly over enough or ready enough for what is expected of him.

In the LD you linked a video of Roman coming back as the silent badass and taking out Fandango. Well that Roman is dead. The moment they started having him speak all that presence and mystery flew out the window.

WWE wants Roman to be a big star, and so do I. But history dictates that Roman is going to crash and burn. If we look back in the books all the big names who have succeeded have been guys who have developed naturally in the mid card. From Hogan to Rock, from Austin to HHH to Cena to Bryan and so forth. They all spent a year or two developing in the mid card, allowing the fans to get to know them and develop a connection with them, as well as developing a character.

When the Shield broke off Dean and Seth established new characters with hooks and reasons to care from the word go. And that has paid off for them. Meanwhile Roman's character starts and ends at the third guy from the Shield.

And then we have his booking. He's supposed to be babyface right? Then why is he never in peril? Wrestling is an emotional roller coaster if done right. You need to root for the good guy, want to see him overcome and succeed. Roman doesn't have that, because he is never in danger. It is literally just Superman Punch followed by game over. Hell, this entire feud with the Big Show has been with Roman on top. Why should I want to see him overcome a literal giant when he has never been in danger of said giant?

They are hindering Roman more than they are helping by strapping this rocket to him. Because the crowd will not accept him, because they have never been given a reason to.

@4:45

Again, not really sure what you're talking about. It's a known fact that some crowds are rowdy and some aren't. Some might say it's too early and some might say he isn't over enough, but how does beating Lesnar rub off on an established star like Bryan? Point that I've been making for the past few weeks is that why push an established stars when people in the WWE want to see new and upcoming stars? Who else other than Bryan would work as a Rumble winner? Maybe Ambrose, but he as hell wasn't booked strong enough.

Will Roman fail? Only time will tell, but as you predicted, we'll probably get Seth cashing in. So wouldn't that give him more time to develop himself until finally getting the win at Summerslam?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

He came out to save three of the most beloved men in wrestling history. If you don't get a pop then you don't get a pop at all. In Texas, which pops if you show them a picture of a wrestling ring.

Fact still remains he isn't ready. Roman has had 1 singles match on PPV. 1, and we are supposed to buy that this guy will headline Wrestlemania? Why? There's zero reason to care for him and zero reason to cheer him unless he has to come to the aid of Ric Flair. There is no track record to point to to say that he will be able to handle longer singles matches, because he was never given a midcard run.

I want to be happy for him and see him succeed. But he's going to get Sheamused. Pushed too fast too soon and like Icarus the wax wings will melt.

WWE has been making young stars this year, but they are all heels. Because developing a heel is easy and can be done rather fast. Creating a top babyface takes a long time. Time which has not been invested here.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Stop made some good points. Reigns right now reminds me how they pushed Sheamus so hard and the fans resented him. I know I actually have grown to like Sheamus after all these years because his personality started to show. Same with Ryback. To finally answer the question. Between the two the Majority of fans have a legitimate connection with Bryan. Sure, most new DB fans it's centered around one word, but for many we see ourselves in Bryan . He's been doing this for 10+ years.

With that said, I would have preferred a different outcome with neither winning by being screwed by the authority. DB, Reigns, Show, Kane final 4. Maybe even have Reigns turn heel and win, but preferably have DB and Reigns screwed. Then, im rooting for the both of em (if youre a mark) Just badly booked rumble

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I want to ask a legitimate question. If say Daniel Bryan weren't to return at all, who would you have win it then? Give me an honest answer.

And Stop, he's still getting loud pops. I don't know why you're making excuses why he shouldn't be? If I linked a Smackdown video, the response would be edited. If you linked a video of a small pop, I'd say they're in a bad crowd like Green Bay. So putting crowd reactions to the side, when Sheamus went to RAW there was about a two month gap of winning the WWE Championship. Now THAT'S a fast push!

I think people want to hate Reigns for the sake of him being a big muscular guy with the look, so he automatically doesn't deserve a push. But no one is going to complain about a Seth Rollins push by turning his back on The Shield, siding with HHH, winning MITB and having feuds with Orton, Cena and Lesnar because he's from talentland, ROH. Or how no one is going to complain about Ambrose getting segments, movies and feuds with The Authority, Rollins, Orton and Bray Wyatt.

BUT... we will complain about a Roman Reigns who has been improving and learning for the last six months, taking acting classes, having a three minute promos, repairing from injury because he has the "look" that WWE wants and hasn't been able to find in a decade. Who has he been feuding with? Orton and Big Show? Who's been writing his promos? Vince McMahon? If Roman were to say get to a point where he's developed enough to become champion, how much more can he improve on when he becomes Champion?

Ambrose is improving, Rollins is improving and Reigns is improving. So leaving one man out based out based off his limited talent or lets say, reaction level is ridiculous. It only gets better from here for all three of them. AND unlike Sheamus, Reigns speaks English.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I want to ask a legitimate question. If say Daniel Bryan weren't to return at all, who would you have win it then? Give me an honest answer.

And Stop, he's still getting loud pops. I don't know why you're making excuses why he shouldn't be? If I linked a Smackdown video, the response would be edited. If you linked a video of a small pop, I'd say they're in a bad crowd like Green Bay. So putting crowd reactions to the side, when Sheamus went to RAW there was about a two month gap of winning the WWE Championship. Now THAT'S a fast push!

I think people want to hate Reigns for the sake of him being a big muscular guy with the look, so he automatically doesn't deserve a push. But no one is going to complain about a Seth Rollins push by turning his back on The Shield, siding with HHH, winning MITB and having feuds with Orton, Cena and Lesnar because he's from talentland, ROH. Or how no one is going to complain about Ambrose getting segments, movies and feuds with The Authority, Rollins, Orton and Bray Wyatt.

BUT... we will complain about a Roman Reigns who has been improving and learning for the last six months, taking acting classes, having a three minute promos, repairing from injury because he has the "look" that WWE wants and hasn't been able to find in a decade. Who has he been feuding with? Orton and Big Show? Who's been writing his promos? Vince McMahon? If Roman were to say get to a point where he's developed enough to become champion, how much more can he improve on when he becomes Champion?

Ambrose is improving, Rollins is improving and Reigns is improving. So leaving one man out based out based off his limited talent or lets say, reaction level is ridiculous. It only gets better from here for all three of them. AND unlike Sheamus, Reigns speaks English.
I like reigns. And I don't mind that he won the rumble. Still think Db is def qualified and above reigns level.

I've said reigns from the get go. That's not the issue here. The issue is that he was clearly belittled and set aside. Meanwhile you feel that db didn't really deserve to win the rumble.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Rollins is the best imo. He won the MITB, has put on stellar matches, and his promos are well.

Ambrose has amazing segments

What does Reigns undoubtedly excel at yet? (Besides being beautiful)