Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
Yes it's definiately taken the Ted/Randy angle when Cody keeps getting Randy DQed and Randy RKOed him but the yes, focus is on Ted/Randy.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I agree Ted needs to do something and id play of the Million Dollar man shit TBH. Out of the two IMO Ted face Cody tweener of chicken shit Heel.

My first thought were Ted was better than Cody but now I'm not so sure if im honest. Id say they are possibly equal. But at this moment in time I'm not sure who out of the two of them will gain more.

I dont really see either of them gaining ME status any time soon.

straight_edge76

I don't think that at the moment the WWE has any plans for them aside from maybe a mid-card push. The upper card is already pretty packed as it is and aside from Taker and maybe HHH and HBK they all are releatively young and should be around for a few more years at the very least.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Let's move onto a better discussion. Cody Rhodes or Ted DiBiase? Discuss.

IMO I think Cody is a lot better. He is a way better heel. Ted doesn't even have the swagger a heel should have.

I'm biased here. I just don't like Cody. I can see him going on to be a decent heel, but it is going to take something really special for me to actually get behind him.

I like Ted better of the two, and can definitely see him getting a push as a face. He may even win an IC title someday down the line. In fact, they both might, but I don't think either of them have that IT factor that their daddies had.

It's sad really, because I think if the WWE had a decent tag team division these guys could have really improved a lot on the basics they are working with and been a lot more over in the amount of time they have been tagging.

Nation

Ted was a good heel when he was Priceless with Rhodes. But he just sucks as a good lackey heel in Legacy.

straight_edge76

Cody is more fit to be in a lackey role the DiBiase. When Cody/Ted were paired up in Priceless I always got the feeling that if they would have stuck with that route we would be another case of one teammate being a bigger star then the other and the iwc in a uproar over that (Hardy Boys, E&C etc.)

maty619

Reaction score
I wonder how they will work the Legacy angle in to a credible, decent Wrestlemania match (if atall), a triple threat would just be Randy squashing, a handicap match would be shit and not worthy of a Wrestlemania match, but a tag team match could be interestling, with one of them getting a tag team partner (don't know who depends on how they work it).

BTW just wanna say this is 200th post!!!!!!!!!! (I hope I didn't see something wrong or this would be embarassing)

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
When Cody/Ted were paired up in Priceless I always got the feeling that if they would have stuck with that route we would be another case of one teammate being a bigger star then the other and the iwc in a uproar over that (Hardy Boys, E&C etc.)

I thought we established that this would inevitably happen, no matter who were involved.

Who would have been the break out star in that case? Would Cody have been the Edge or the Christian?

And so as not to cluster up my new thread, and keep conversation rolling here, is there anyone on the WWE roster you believe capable of taking Cenas place as #1 face for when Cena does make his heel turn?

straight_edge76

And so as not to cluster up my new thread, and keep conversation rolling here, is there anyone on the WWE roster you believe capable of taking Cenas place as #1 face for when Cena does make his heel turn?

Honestly idk who could be THAT GUY to replace Cena but based on overness and face potential I think that it could be somebody discussed in this thread earlier and that is the CLB himself Christan, I do not think this is all that realistic but he is one of the most over faces in the WWE aside from Cena and DX.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
^^ If done right, I really, really pray that they get Edge or Orton or even Jericho to take the spot. It would be so ownage.

If not then, I wouldn't mind Christian, but I doubt WWE has THAT much faith in him.

maty619

Reaction score
Perhaps JoMo or maybe (after a massive face turn) Dolph Ziggler, I can just see him being a succesful face.

straight_edge76

^^ If done right, I really, really pray that they get Edge or Orton or even Jericho to take the spot. It would be so ownage.

If not then, I wouldn't mind Christian, but I doubt WWE has THAT much faith in him.

Any of those people would be a good choice, Edge and Christan are both hitting the prime of their carrer imo and Jericho; if he ever was to turn again has already imo proved to me that he has it in him to carry a company on his back as the guy. But imo of the three Christan would make the best face being that as a face imo Christan> Jericho and Edge. But like I said idk if its at all realistic being the stint he has with "the other guys"

JoMo? Please get some mic skills and then we'll talk.

noumenon

I'd say as far as fan interaction goes Christian is just about the most over guy in the company on the mic at this point, however it's not realistic.

Jericho has been heel for almost two years now, so let's not forget about the possibility of another face run for him. I think even now as a heel most fans are really starting to appreciate how great he is (be it marks or not) and I think his eventual shift back into face is actually going to be huge this time. I really want him to drop the Y2J thing though, bring back a more WCW Lion Heart'esque Jericho into the mix.

straight_edge76

The Ayatola of Rock-and-Rolla!!!! FTW lol

as long as I get to hear "Jerichoaholics" i'm good :)

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Honestly idk who could be THAT GUY to replace Cena but based on overness and face potential I think that it could be somebody discussed in this thread earlier and that is the CLB himself Christan, I do not think this is all that realistic but he is one of the most over faces in the WWE aside from Cena and DX.

I never considered that, I kind of just asked the question without putting any thought into what my answer would be, but I agree. I think Christian could very well be one of the best faces in the company NOW. To get him over to Raw and start getting him really over there would be a huge step in the right direction.

I can't see Edge pulling enough acceptance as a face to be able to pull it off. And I love Edge. I just don't think he is capable of carrying a whole show, when it is known that fitting into that face slot is his weak point.

I wouldn't have enough faith in Orton at this time to risk it. He really hasn't proven he is capable of sustaining ANY gimmick for an extended period of time.

I'd love to see Jericho do it. But I think that he is really connecting with people as a heel right now and to have him switch again wouldn't give him enough time to gather enough of the fans support to replace Cena. I do believe that given enough time, he would be a viable choice.

Perhaps JoMo or maybe (after a massive face turn) Dolph Ziggler, I can just see him being a succesful face.

Neither of them connect well enough with the fans to be the main face of the company.

Any of those people would be a good choice, Edge and Christan are both hitting the prime of their carrer imo and Jericho; if he ever was to turn again has already imo proved to me that he has it in him to carry a company on his back as the guy. But imo of the three Christan would make the best face being that as a face imo Christan> Jericho and Edge. But like I said idk if its at all realistic being the stint he has with "the other guys"

JoMo? Please get some mic skills and then we'll talk.

Since bottom line is 'everything', I think the grudge Vince is holding against Christian is ultimately preventing him from making a shit load of money. Christian is very marketable, but WWE can't market off of him if they are shoving him in the corner the way they did at ECW. After proving that he can be a main event star elsewhere, I can't fathom that Christian is going to take being held down indefinitely.