Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LadyHotrod

I'd say as far as fan interaction goes Christian is just about the most over guy in the company on the mic at this point, however it's not realistic.

Jericho has been heel for almost two years now, so let's not forget about the possibility of another face run for him. I think even now as a heel most fans are really starting to appreciate how great he is (be it marks or not) and I think his eventual shift back into face is actually going to be huge this time. I really want him to drop the Y2J thing though, bring back a more WCW Lion Heart'esque Jericho into the mix.

That would be SO FUCKING AWESOME. He's one of the few that can be both a great heel and a great face and both work for him.

Christian, I don't know, I just don't see him being the main guy in wrestling anytime soon.

noumenon

Yes, but not for a few years. He needs to be at the point where his heel character is so over that the majority starts to love it, just as they did with Jericho.

Great One

I pity the people who said Drew is better than Burchill...

Also Cody > Ted.

Great One

In the way that he can do a moonsault and Ted cannot. Plus every other way.

Also, what do you think of Bret Hart btw?

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
In the way that he can do a moonsault and Ted cannot. Plus every other way.

Also, what do you think of Bret Hart btw?

Old school Bret Hart? Or what is going on now with Bret Hart?

Well, I think old school Bret Hart was one of the most technically sound wrestlers ever. He put on some amazing matches and I loved the whole character. I was a huge Bret Hart fan when he was actually wrestling, during the whole HBK feud and then later with Austin. I think the Hart Foundation is one of the most under rated stables of all time.

More recently, I kind of wish he hadn't came back. There isn't anything to be gained, speaking as a fan, from having him involved in this angle. I get the whole history and why it is marketable and everything, but I just have this suspicion that no matter what happens it is going to taint my memories of him.

noumenon

Gonna agree with FK... I always loved Hart. However, he knew upon coming back people were going to want to see some form on in ring action from him, which is nearly impossible. And to go even further they have to go and "break his leg" to further give a reason why it can't happen. It was just completely ridiculous. Just go ahead and say it for what it was, they called out his stroke...just say it's too dangerous for him to wrestle. They did it with Austin, what's the difference.

Great One

The whole thing has just been underwhelming, for how much story it should have, it's kinda sad. I think part of it is what nou posted a while ago, http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37561, post #10. Bret looks like shit, and he was never that charismatic to start with. He also looks like he's going to hurt himself anytime he does something. Idk, I think the leg thing also may be a desperate attempt to also garner more interest in this storyline. It's pretty sad Cena got involved with this, when he could be facing Taker at WM instead. =(

noumenon

It's been decent, but today's fan base is so far away from Bret Hart it's not even funny. It's sad they had to bring Cena in to garner interest in the whole thing.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
The whole thing has just been underwhelming, for how much story it should have, it's kinda sad. I think part of it is what nou posted a while ago, http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37561, post #10. Bret looks like shit, and he was never that charismatic to start with. He also looks like he's going to hurt himself anytime he does something. Idk, I think the leg thing also may be a desperate attempt to also garner more interest in this storyline. It's pretty sad Cena got involved with this, when he could be facing Taker at WM instead. =(

I agree. But I was more realistic when he returned. I actually expected something to happen that would prevent him from getting into the ring again. The days that he could have put on a good show with someone like HBK have long past. I knew he was going to return to host Raw, I thought maybe he'd ref a match and knew he'd call out Vince on all of the MSJ stuff.

I won't lie that I wasn't excited to see him back, but even that was shit on by the fact that they changed his damn music.

I don't understand why they don't just let it go. The fact that they waited, what, like 3 weeks after his initial return to bring him back killed any interest the new generation of wrestling fans may have ever had about him. I would have been much more content with just having him back to guest host, being as that is more than I ever expected to happen.

noumenon

IMO... I would have been happier to just see him come back, and manage the Hart Dynasty.

noumenon

Well it's still not clear of how long he's going to be sticking around, so we'll see. It's possible he'll stay for a bit after Mania. I mean let's face it, those guys need something to happen to them...they've done jack shit since being around. And if the name HART Dynasty isn't enough to get you a little bit of a push maybe having Bret behind them will.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
It's been decent, but today's fan base is so far away from Bret Hart it's not even funny. It's sad they had to bring Cena in to garner interest in the whole thing.

Well it's still not clear of how long he's going to be sticking around, so we'll see. It's possible he'll stay for a bit after Mania. I mean let's face it, those guys need something to happen to them...they've done jack shit since being around. And if the name HART Dynasty isn't enough to get you a little bit of a push maybe having Bret behind them will.

See the irony though? The new generation of wrestling fans have no CLUE what the name Hart means. Cena isn't going to be there to rub off enough on Bret that anyone is going to care enough to get behind him, even if he does stay and manage the Dynasty. All the see is an old man who can't get in the ring and show why he is even there. Bret has no credibility with the new fan base whatsoever. I don't see any way that the fans are going to accept him back, no matter how much they liked him back then. He can talk the talk, but he can't walk the walk anymore. And even the talk he has doesn't amount to much due to the circumstances he left under.