Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Just a random question, was edge's injury televised?

No it wasn't. Edge was injured in a live event by Jeff Hardy as I recall. He worked through his injury for one Smackdown. He didn't make another apperence until he appeared on the titantron talking to Chris Jericho.

maty619

Reaction score
Watch your step Great One, I think your mark is showing...

Did unifying the titles bring an advantage to anyone?

The WWE doesn't have enough credible tag teams for one set of titles, let alone two.

OK but just have either wwe tag or the world tag titles because its crap having all the upper carders trying to get the titles just so they can be on both shows.

noumenon

Just accept the tag titles for what they are; a free pass to appear on any show. Whoever is holding the titles at the moment is obviously in pretty damn good standing with the company ATM as it's pretty much saying "you're too entertaining to be contained to one brand."
Apparently Miz's progress and amazing work hasn't gone unnoticed.

straight_edge76

Just accept the tag titles for what they are; a free pass to appear on any show. Whoever is holding the titles at the moment is obviously in pretty damn good standing with the company ATM as it's pretty much saying "you're too entertaining to be contained to one brand."
Apparently Miz's progress and amazing work hasn't gone unnoticed.

^Agreed.

Apparantly the WWE also sees something that they like in Big Show if they keep putting the Tag titles on him.

noumenon

I don't think it's that they "see something" in the Big Show, it's more the fact that Vince has apparently always liked Show. Even though I can't stand him I'd much rather see him holding the tag titles then taking up space in the main event or going for a major title.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm not that keen on big show i cant see the point of him most of the time. TBH i actually thought he would fuck off to TNA when Hogan took over seen as he is pretty pally with Hogan from what i gather. But it wasn't to be shame =[.

As for the tag title thats another thing i cant see the point of either there is hardly a tag division is there. As Nou said they are used mainly for super stars who are hot at that moment in time to hit spots on both brands to further showcase there talent.

And it is only usually only one of the team that has talent the other one is dead weight *cough big show/Mark Henry cough*. So if thats is the case why dont they bring in a single title out to use on both shows. Hell better still why dont they use the IC Title for that matter and bring some damn credibility back to the belt. That way the superstar with the talent can hop around both shows being awesome with out been dragged down by some useless lump bumbling around.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Is there anybody on all of the WWEs roster that you guys think, if teamed up, would make a credible tag team? Who do they have right now as tag teams anyway? *does quick look up*

ShowMiz
Legacy
Henry and MVP
The Hart Dynasty
Cryme Tyme

And untold amounts of people who aren't completely shitty who could actually benefit from being in a legitimate tag team. Who would you team together? There are a lot of possibilities I see that if the E focused more on the tag team division, these guys could put in more ring time, step their game up, and maybe actually get on the road to being the superstars of the future they are supposed to be.

xtremebadass

A team of CM Punk and Chris Jericho would single handedly rule the WWE with an iron fist if ever paired up.

xtremebadass

I am not sure who they could be compared to. They are just the two best heels in the company with roughly the same gimmick except Punk coats his trash talk to the crowd with drugs and alcohol while Jericho just uses big words to insult the crowd.

I was never too thrilled with Rated RKO. In my mind it could have been way better.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
I am not sure who they could be compared to. They are just the two best heels in the company with roughly the same gimmick except Punk coats his trash talk to the crowd with drugs and alcohol while Jericho just uses big words to insult the crowd.

I was never too thrilled with Rated RKO. In my mind it could have been way better.

What would the cutesy name for a Punk/Jericho tag team be? lol

Why is it whenever someone pictures big name tag teams, it is always a heel team? I'm guilty of this too. Is it unfathomable to imagine a dominant face tag team?

On a totally different topic, since it wasn't really relevant to the other thread...

Do you think Matt Hardy would benefit from going to TNA? Or would it be a step backwards? Or does it even matter at this point?

xtremebadass

Why is it whenever someone pictures big name tag teams, it is always a heel team? I'm guilty of this too. Is it unfathomable to imagine a dominant face tag team?
WWE tried a dominant face tag team with DX, that really didn't go over too well. Sure it was cool to see them finally win the titles, but after that was BLEH.

On a totally different topic, since it wasn't really relevant to the other thread...

Do you think Matt Hardy would benefit from going to TNA? Or would it be a step backwards? Or does it even matter at this point?
It wouldn't hurt him going to TNA. If he would have went to TNA years ago I could have really seen him shining, but now it is all if Hogan and Bischoff are a fan of his. It's really a coin toss. However, if TNA supports Jeff like I think they do they would accept Matt just by being related to Jeff.

Great One

What would the cutesy name for a Punk/Jericho tag team be? lol

Never use 'cutesy' and Punk/Jericho in the same sentence again. Honest Asylum, Sanctities of Salvation, Prophet of Purities, two honest men, Regime of Truth, Punkco, Jeripunk, Jericho and Punk, Punk and Jericho, Dynasty of Sobriety. Any combination of those, Jericho could also convert to Straight Edge..

Yes, I said he should go to TNA a long time ago, but he probably won't. I'm sure he, like Kane, loves the big ass pay checks.

noumenon

Matt is nowhere near as stupid as his brother. Ever check out the Hardy show videos? That gigantic nice ass house they film everything near...that's Matt's. Those Corvettes and other cars in the driveway, also Matt's. The guy is easily making 750,000 a year. Regardless of his position on the card currently he's one of the most senior guys in the company.
Going to TNA may get him a little bit of an unwarranted push and some "oOOOOO LOOK WE GOT HARDY!" hype from TNA but it really wouldn't do anything for Matt's bank account.