Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
Jericho is a good heel but I would like to see him turn face I no Im contradicting what i said before 'the only person that should turn at the moment is Shawn Michaels' or something like that but Y2js gimmick is getting a little old now imo.

Nation

Hey hey calm the ef down. I like Jericho as much as anyone, but can you honestly compare Jericho of the past with the new version? It's not even on the same level. All of those things you listed I expected from him, not anything less.

Actually I used to find Jericho to be an annoying prick from 2002-2004 and in 2005 during his feud with Cena. Now he is in my top 10 all time favorite wrestlers and looking back I now like the old Jericho a lot more. But his face run in 2004 was utter shit.

Mat Awesome

Reaction score
Chris Jericho is a great heel. He's mostly been heel in his career starting with WCW. Jericho has the most experience at being heel next to Triple H.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
You know, as I was thinking about it, I don't know as I really consider old Jericho a heel. At least not a conventional one. He was more along the lines of a tweener, just doing some questionable things at times. I mean yeah he had a few mean spirited moments, but all in all, was he REALLY a heel? Or it just because he was so amazingly over that even though he was 'the bad guy', you liked him anyway?

I see his new run as much more of a traditional heel gimmick.

Great One

I think stealing Triple H's wife and constantly fucking with him, belittling him by rubbing it in his face, and doing Vince's work to chastise him was pretty heelish behavior, lol.

Has Orton's viciousness ever been in question? I think that is one thing he has always been really good at getting across. Which makes me wonder exactly how good of a face you can really be while punting people in the head. Hmm, more on that later. But, like it was said, with his sociopath persona, promos weren't really a focus point. If he turns face, he may really need to work on that.
Yeah, he gets by on actions, movements, and psychology alone. Which is also why I respect the hell out of him much more in the past year+.

Also, Jericho's been the top heel in the company for like almost 2 years now. Even the WWE thought so, hence why they had him (and originally Edge, conveniently the other top heel in the company at the time) capture the tag team gold to solidify it. Then you know the rest of the story, Edge got injured because he was a weak, gelatinous tapeworm trying to leech off of Chris Jericho(THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE DOES)'s success.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
I think stealing Triple H's wife and constantly fucking with him, belittling him by rubbing it in his face, and doing Vince's work to chastise him was pretty heelish behavior, lol.

Also, Jericho's been the top heel in the company for like almost 2 years now. Even the WWE thought so, hence why they had him (and originally Edge, conveniently the other top heel in the company at the time) capture the tag team gold to solidify it.

But did you hate him for it? Can you honestly tell me that you sat there thinking "That asshole! I can't believe he is doing these things?!"

Heel=bad guy=hate

And while I thought he may have done some effed up things, I loved every minute of it, thus not creating 'heel heat.'

Also, it has been YEARS since the tag team titles have amounted to shit. I hardly believe that 'awarding' them to Edge and Jericho would have done anything for either of them.

And Orton is just a bad ass. No words needed.

I'm splitting hairs here, I know. But aren't the resulting discussions so very worth it?

Great One

Yes.. I hate anyone who troubles Triple H though. =/

Also the point of the tag titles thing was bringing them on both shows. Which has been the only point since Edge and Jericho captured them.

maty619

Reaction score
I think thats bullshit they should just go back to having the wwe and world tag titles rather than having the unified tag titles imo

chessarmy

well, to be fair, they weren't going to put on that many good shows in a row so you had to expect a shitfest like this to come soon.

Oh well, hopefully they can redeem themselves next week

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Yes.. I hate anyone who troubles Triple H though. =/

Also the point of the tag titles thing was bringing them on both shows. Which has been the only point since Edge and Jericho captured them.

Watch your step Great One, I think your mark is showing...

Did unifying the titles bring an advantage to anyone?

I think thats bullshit they should just go back to having the wwe and world tag titles rather than having the unified tag titles imo

The WWE doesn't have enough credible tag teams for one set of titles, let alone two.