Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Honest Asylum, Sanctities of Salvation, Prophet of Purities, two honest men, Regime of Truth, Punkco, Jeripunk, Jericho and Punk, Punk and Jericho, Dynasty of Sobriety.

I'm partial to Prophet of Purities myself. They all would be rather kickass, I think a Jericho/Punk theme song mashup would totally own lol.

noumenon

Please stop talking about a Jericho/Punk team... it's making me very depressed that there isn't one.

straight_edge76

hype from TNA but it really wouldn't do anything for Matt's bank account.

This.^

Matt Hardy isn't stupid. He most likely knows what type of money TNA could offer him and it most likely in the neighborhood to what some of the referees and ring announcers in the WWE make I am sure. Even though he is a complete joke right now going home to his house and cars would make just about anybody ok with being a joke on national television.

Great One

Not to mention he gets MASSIVE chicks. God damn, thanks to this thread I've lost all my sympathy and sadness for the travesty which is Matt Hardy. Way to go.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
WWE tried a dominant face tag team with DX, that really didn't go over too well. Sure it was cool to see them finally win the titles, but after that was BLEH.

But DX was not initially a face team, or even a tag team at all when they started. It wasn't until they were over as heels that it became acceptable for them to turn face. And even then they weren't really face lol.

Or do you refer to the HBK/HHH version of DX?

It wouldn't hurt him going to TNA. If he would have went to TNA years ago I could have really seen him shining, but now it is all if Hogan and Bischoff are a fan of his. It's really a coin toss. However, if TNA supports Jeff like I think they do they would accept Matt just by being related to Jeff.

So, does it really matter if he went or not? Career wise. Would he become more successful by making that move RIGHT NOW?

And that is what I said earlier. Return of the Hardy Boyz. Marketable, maybe. In Matt's best interest career wise? Not really. It would just be a return to something he has already accomplished. I'm saying, would he be able to ascend higher in TNA then he has in WWE? What do you think, in both scenarios, one involving Hogan/Bischoff and the other not.

Never use 'cutesy' and Punk/Jericho in the same sentence again. Honest Asylum, Sanctities of Salvation, Prophet of Purities, two honest men, Regime of Truth, Punkco, Jeripunk, Jericho and Punk, Punk and Jericho, Dynasty of Sobriety. Any combination of those, Jericho could also convert to Straight Edge..

Well I was going to say gay or lame name.... since that's what they are. Next time I try to be nice about things....

Oh, and some of those aren't bad by the way.

Yes, I said he should go to TNA a long time ago, but he probably won't. I'm sure he, like Kane, loves the big ass pay checks.

Bottom line is the bottom line for everything huh?

Matt is nowhere near as stupid as his brother. Ever check out the Hardy show videos? That gigantic nice ass house they film everything near...that's Matt's. Those Corvettes and other cars in the driveway, also Matt's. The guy is easily making 750,000 a year. Regardless of his position on the card currently he's one of the most senior guys in the company.

Never said he was stupid, bro. Yes, I have indeed. And I am not surprised in the slightest that Matt managed to spend his money more wisely then Jeff. Dopers can't keep cash.

Should salaries be based on seniority? Talent? Airtime? Popularity? All of the above?

Going to TNA may get him a little bit of an unwarranted push and some "oOOOOO LOOK WE GOT HARDY!" hype from TNA but it really wouldn't do anything for Matt's bank account.

Bottom line again.

noumenon

Ah, fuck that... don't be sad for Matt. He's damn financially well off, gets a lot of ass and doesn't have the pressure of carrying a company on his shoulders...LOL.

maty619

Reaction score
What would the cutesy name for a Punk/Jericho tag team be? lol

Why is it whenever someone pictures big name tag teams, it is always a heel team? I'm guilty of this too. Is it unfathomable to imagine a dominant face tag team?

On a totally different topic, since it wasn't really relevant to the other thread...

Do you think Matt Hardy would benefit from going to TNA? Or would it be a step backwards? Or does it even matter at this point?

-I think the only face team that could be dominant is Edge & Christian, I know that's a bit of a broken record at the moment but that's the only credible face team that could dominate.
-I think it depends on Matt's priorities if he should/should have go/gone to TNA. If it is all about the money for him stay in WWE but if he wants the respect he deserves (well atleast he deserves it imo) then go to TNA but if he keeps getting the reactions from the crowd as he is getting now I think it is only a matter of time until he drops Khali and goes for some gold.

noumenon

WWE salaries are based off a lot of things. Above all is obviously popularity and marketability. I don't think anyone would be shocked to find out that HHH, Cena, Undertaker, HBK and Orton are the 5 highest paid guys in the company.
Guys who have been there for a while by no means are suffering financially just because they're not high up on the card. Guys like Kane, Matt, Henry and others are doing quite well for themselves.

straight_edge76

WWE salaries are based off a lot of things. Above all is obviously popularity and marketability. I don't think anyone would be shocked to find out that HHH, Cena, Undertaker, HBK and Orton are the 5 highest paid guys in the company.
Guys who have been there for a while by no means are suffering financially just because they're not high up on the card. Guys like Kane, Matt, Henry and others are doing quite well for themselves.

The 5 guys that you mentioned; all also have one thing in common; they move merchendise like nobody's buisness. If you look through the crowds at any WWE event you will see so much Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK and Taker merch being bought up at the merch. booths. At times in the WWE being able to appeal to the masses means a hell of alot more then being in a "respectable place on the card"

Great One

Well I was going to say gay or lame name.... since that's what they are. Next time I try to be nice about things....

Oh, and some of those aren't bad by the way.
Yeah, I was just fucking with you lol. And I came up with those on the spot btw, np.

Also, no way would Matt get paid close or even having the means of attaining more success in TNA. His only hope would be getting Spike to pay him, which they probably wouldn't. THEN AGAIN, unlike Christian, Hardy is a proven draw (for ECW), and has like the biggest mystery of the entire WWE around him. HOW IS HE STILL SO OVER?!

noumenon

Spike only foots the bill on MAJOR talent acquisitions for TNA. Matt definitely wouldn't be considered one.
And to solve your mystery. His last name is Hardy.

Great One

Yeah, I know, said they wouldn't, but he is pretty damn popular. Hardy doesn't do jack shit though, just comes out and throws up his stupid V1 sign and the crowd goes crazy. Although his promo on ECW a couple months ago was pretty good.

straight_edge76

Matt>Jeff imo.

He is one of those "How in the hell is he so over?" cases.