Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

maty619

Reaction score
Yeah, I know, said they wouldn't, but he is pretty damn popular. Hardy doesn't do jack shit though, just comes out and throws up his stupid V1 sign and the crowd goes crazy. Although his promo on ECW a couple months ago was pretty good.
He doesn't even do that anymore he just does the Hardy sign, so he really does get the crowd digging into their memory for a reason to cheer him.

noumenon

I think as far as in ring work goes Jeff has Matt pretty solidly beat. However, Matt can work the mic given the right opportunity where Jeff always just comes off like a fucking idiot.
Matt also made other characters work for him through his career and found his own personality to a certain degree. Jeff has been working off the same bullshit no personality dare devil bullshit his whole career.

I'd personally rather WATCH Jeff, though I think Matt has a slightly better understanding of what it takes to make a complete well rounded character.

Great One

I agree, Jeff entertains me a lot more. Plus his randomly screaming dumb shit and sounded/acting like he's on crack is part of his character, so it works out fine. Plus it made Punk making fun of him that much better.

noumenon

I seriously get so upset thinking of how amazing Smackdown could have been with Punk, Jeff, Edge and Jericho as the top players on the brand. Without any of Undertaker's BS and Batista fucking everything up. Fucking drugs and achilles tendons.

Great One

Yeah, it would have been stacked as shit. But Punk might have not gotten the direct opportunity to reach the point where he did if Edge was still there, dunno, just a thought. How would Jeff/Punk play in if Y2J/Edge were still fucking around there? I mean, would you have really seen Y2J/Edge fucking around with Cryme Tyme like Jerishow did?

maty619

Reaction score
Punk was champ and was ccutting those amazing promos before Edge left and they couldn't just stop his momentum in that feud, I think that the Punk/Jeff feud would have played out the same way ekilies or no ekilies.

noumenon

Yeah, it would have been stacked as shit. But Punk might have not gotten the direct opportunity to reach the point where he did if Edge was still there, dunno, just a thought. How would Jeff/Punk play in if Y2J/Edge were still fucking around there? I mean, would you have really seen Y2J/Edge fucking around with Cryme Tyme like Jerishow did?

Well yeah, I think Punk fell in almost the same slot at Jericho did in 08. There's no doubt in my mind he would have eventually gotten himself over as a heel, who knows maybe even more so. If the Jeff/Punk situation had continued we may have seen some pretty epic stuff resulting from that.
And as far a Y2J/Edge went I don't think they planned to keep them together anywhere near as long as they did with Jerishow. I think Jerishow stuck around so long mainly due to Jericho's overness and success on both brands and them waiting for Edge to return to spark their feud.

Great One

Punk was champ and was ccutting those amazing promos before Edge left and they couldn't just stop his momentum in that feud, I think that the Punk/Jeff feud would have played out the same way ekilies or no ekilies.
What? Didn't Punk cash in and win it after Edge left..

noumenon

He cashed in after Jeff retained/won?(can't remember) against Edge. Edge was still there for a little bit.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
-I think the only face team that could be dominant is Edge & Christian, I know that's a bit of a broken record at the moment but that's the only credible face team that could dominate.

That is taking a step backwards. Not to mention that I don't like the idea of then getting back together. :)

But out of the guys just floating around on the WWE roster, who could make a CREDIBLE face tag team? In any capacity, obviously I don't expect any of them to attain E&C status.

-I think it depends on Matt's priorities if he should/should have go/gone to TNA. If it is all about the money for him stay in WWE but if he wants the respect he deserves (well atleast he deserves it imo) then go to TNA but if he keeps getting the reactions from the crowd as he is getting now I think it is only a matter of time until he drops Khali and goes for some gold.

In you were a wrestler, would you prefer more money or to be at the top of the game? I mean obviously if you are the best there is, you'd get paid better, but if you are decent, and stay around long enough you obviously still get to collect a fat check. Would you be content being average and collecting a check or would you want to be the best?

Now I am sure that he has his choice of women. Now don't call me crazy but I don't see him as a "Fat Chick Thrilla" lol

Come on bro, chunky chicks need love too.

WWE salaries are based off a lot of things. Above all is obviously popularity and marketability. I don't think anyone would be shocked to find out that HHH, Cena, Undertaker, HBK and Orton are the 5 highest paid guys in the company.

Guys who have been there for a while by no means are suffering financially just because they're not high up on the card. Guys like Kane, Matt, Henry and others are doing quite well for themselves.

Do you think that is the way it should be? In any other job, would you still get paid a fat salary for mediocre work? Maybe if salary was based purely on performance we wouldn't have such a crappy product right now.

The 5 guys that you mentioned; all also have one thing in common; they move merchendise like nobody's buisness. If you look through the crowds at any WWE event you will see so much Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK and Taker merch being bought up at the merch. booths. At times in the WWE being able to appeal to the masses means a hell of alot more then being in a "respectable place on the card"

Which produces better product. Rock and Austin were selling major merchandise when they weren't even in the title picture.

Yeah, I was just fucking with you lol. And I came up with those on the spot btw, np.

And here I thought you had no sense of humor.

Also, no way would Matt get paid close or even having the means of attaining more success in TNA. His only hope would be getting Spike to pay him, which they probably wouldn't. THEN AGAIN, unlike Christian, Hardy is a proven draw (for ECW), and has like the biggest mystery of the entire WWE around him. HOW IS HE STILL SO OVER?!

Why must you always argue with yourself? lol. Pick a side and stick with it, at least until someone agrees with you, then pull a swerve.

You think Christian isn't a draw for the WWE?

I think Mysterio owns that mystery, bro.

Spike only foots the bill on MAJOR talent acquisitions for TNA. Matt definitely wouldn't be considered one.
And to solve your mystery. His last name is Hardy.

Not counting the obvious big stars for WWE, who would you consider to be a MAJOR talent that would be a coup for TNA to acquire?

Yeah, I know, said they wouldn't, but he is pretty damn popular. Hardy doesn't do jack shit though, just comes out and throws up his stupid V1 sign and the crowd goes crazy. Although his promo on ECW a couple months ago was pretty good.

Matt is just likeable. I don't think he will ever be able to rise above the popularity he had when The Hardy Boyz were at their peak. It's like the two of them complimented each other so perfectly. Even better than Edge and Christian. Edge and Christian were always two very different personas, but it's like the Hardys together made one awesome wrestler.

I think as far as in ring work goes Jeff has Matt pretty solidly beat. However, Matt can work the mic given the right opportunity where Jeff always just comes off like a fucking idiot.
Matt also made other characters work for him through his career and found his own personality to a certain degree. Jeff has been working off the same bullshit no personality dare devil bullshit his whole career.

To split hairs here, Jeff's best 'in ring work' always took place outside of the ring lol. Matt has always been better on the mic, always will be.

I'd personally rather WATCH Jeff, though I think Matt has a slightly better understanding of what it takes to make a complete well rounded character.

I disagree now because what Jeff does inthe ring now isn't nearly as impressive as it used to be. To be fair though, neither is anyone elses. Sometimes it hurts my heart to see the lack of impact with Triple H's pedigree.

And Like I said ^, I think it took both Hardys to make one well rounded character.

I agree, Jeff entertains me a lot more. Plus his randomly screaming dumb shit and sounded/acting like he's on crack is part of his character, so it works out fine. Plus it made Punk making fun of him that much better.

Personality vs persona? You think him being a weirdo actually worked because he IS a weirdo? No wonder Matt was overshadowed. Nothing beats crazy.

I think Matt is better technically than Jeff.

Never doubted this. However, his being technically sound isn't what gained the Hardys their fame, it was Jeff's willingness to act a fool and do crazy shit that made them a success.

noumenon

-Not sure there are too many "major" talents out there that aren't sitting atop WWE.

And yeah, I'll fully agree that the Hardy's were always meant to be a tag team. Jeff managed to get some screaming girl fan success and some ooh's and aah's from the fans of spot monkeys and Matt managed to ride the Hardy name. However, they were and always will be a tag team at heart.

And if you wanna get onto the subject of the general impact and application of moves look no further than ANYTHING the Big Show does. HOLY SHIT, is it that hard to make a punch look a little more real that that? Try putting a little speed on that shit.
Back to Christian, his slap/punch fuckin OWNS.

Great One

Why must you always argue with yourself? lol. Pick a side and stick with it, at least until someone agrees with you, then pull a swerve.

You think Christian isn't a draw for the WWE?

I think Mysterio owns that mystery, bro.
Lol, idk, it's just something we'll probably never know though unless Hardy ever goes to TNA. =/

Nope. Didn't draw a damn thing for ECW.

Mysterio leeches off the generic I wear a mask lucho/professional wrestler. WWE would never in their right mind sign another lucho wrestler, it would ruin Rey's appeal as the only mainstream one with that look. On that note, I hope Rey gets injured and leaves for good.

Personality vs persona? You think him being a weirdo actually worked because he IS a weirdo? No wonder Matt was overshadowed. Nothing beats crazy.
Pretty much. RVD tried to act like that (due to the WWE) and it failed, take that for what you will and it may just prove your point considering how RVD REALLY is and what he felt about that situation.

noumenon

Jus for the record....I'm personally on team "Punk's Greasy Hair" over "Rey's Mask" if they do a hair/mask match at Mania.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
I seriously get so upset thinking of how amazing Smackdown could have been with Punk, Jeff, Edge and Jericho as the top players on the brand. Without any of Undertaker's BS and Batista fucking everything up. Fucking drugs and achilles tendons.

Hahahahahaha. One must overcome adversities and fucking idiots, bro. It's the way of the world.

I think Punk could have pulled it off regardless. In time, he would have. I think it may have been even better.

Well yeah, I think Punk fell in almost the same slot at Jericho did in 08. There's no doubt in my mind he would have eventually gotten himself over as a heel, who knows maybe even more so. If the Jeff/Punk situation had continued we may have seen some pretty epic stuff resulting from that.

And as far a Y2J/Edge went I don't think they planned to keep them together anywhere near as long as they did with Jerishow. I think Jerishow stuck around so long mainly due to Jericho's overness and success on both brands and them waiting for Edge to return to spark their feud.

As much as I want to see Edge and Jericho, I love both of them as heels. The fact that one must change makes me sad.

-Not sure there are too many "major" talents out there that aren't sitting atop WWE.

And yeah, I'll fully agree that the Hardy's were always meant to be a tag team. Jeff managed to get some screaming girl fan success and some ooh's and aah's from the fans of spot monkeys and Matt managed to ride the Hardy name. However, they were and always will be a tag team at heart.

And if you wanna get onto the subject of the general impact and application of moves look no further than ANYTHING the Big Show does. HOLY SHIT, is it that hard to make a punch look a little more real that that? Try putting a little speed on that shit.

Back to Christian, his slap/punch fuckin OWNS.

I'm glad you agree with my 1+1=1 theory lol.

And no kidding. But I most likely missed it, as I use anytime Show in on tv to go pee. Even if I don't have to.

It's just a Christian love fest here.