Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

Matt Hardy just needs to

1. Get in shape
2. Get some better booking (an IC title never hurt anyone)
3. Stop always having to refer to Jeff. He is his own person and when Mattitude was around, he barely ever talked about Jeff. He needs to establish HIM so the fans will stop seeing him as "Jeff's brother"

How can Matt hardy get better booking? Write it himself? Sigh
When did Matt mention Jeff last?

MizMasta3000

I'm saying in general, the fans are still associating Matt with Jeff. Matt needs to establish himself as an individual again as he did in Mattitude, MVP feud, 08 ECW title run

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Drugs weren't a problem with RVD... he was just a pretty avid pot smoker.

Haha. Isn't pot still considered a drug?

RVD is one of those guys who should stay gone. End of story.

Who would you prefer to make a return? Let's stick to mid-card level though no main eventers. Who do you believe would make a better impact to a better reaction than RVD?

As I always say: All high flyers are on pot.

Except for Jeff Hardy, we all know he doesn't do drugs.

Do you think excessive hair coloring reduces the accuracy of drug testing?

Punk already "retired" Jeff...imagine the heat he'd get off of unmasking Rey? Fuck Rey, he's almost done anyway...just show your ugly mug for the rest of your tenure.

Also LOL @ "on pot".

I think Punk can pull off something better than unmasking Rey. It has laready been done.

Yea I was referring to this DX with just HBK and HHH, the DX that is stale as hell.

Gotcha.

I think a move to TNA would give him the revival he needs right now. If I were Matt Hardy I would take whatever I can get even if that means going back to tag team wrestling. From the looks of it Matt is back in tag wrestling on SmackDown anyways, might as well get a change of scenery in TNA. Matt won't be able to ascend higher in TNA at a tag team level. It doesn't get much bigger than the Hardyz in the attitude era. At a singles level he might be able to ascend higher than his US title run in the WWE.

I kind of agree. Making the move would give him more options if he is just going to be booked in the same situation anyways. I just don't know if I can see him making the move though.

I would love for Matt, Jeff, and Shannon to create a stable in TNA though with Jeff as TNA champ and Matt/Shannon as TNA Tag champs.

You think Jeff have what it takes to be champ of TNA? Did you believe him to be a viable champ in WWE as well?

MizMasta3000

I rather Jeff not be in the TNA main event already. Too many fresh guys who deserve the chance. Jeff taking a role in the X tag divison would be awesome

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Finally! Page 10! Good job people! FYI I am making this post in the hopes that someone posts again before I do. Since that seems to be what always happens, if it doesn't this time, then shame on you guys!

Matt Hardy just needs to

1. Get in shape
2. Get some better booking (an IC title never hurt anyone)
3. Stop always having to refer to Jeff. He is his own person and when Mattitude was around, he barely ever talked about Jeff. He needs to establish HIM so the fans will stop seeing him as "Jeff's brother"

I think Matt is in much better shape then what I saw him in a few months ago. He was quite pudgy then. And the haircut was awful.

How can Matt hardy get better booking? Write it himself? Sigh
When did Matt mention Jeff last?

Despite having bad booking Matt is still over with the fans. I don't really think that's the problem. Or completely anyways.

I'm saying in general, the fans are still associating Matt with Jeff. Matt needs to establish himself as an individual again as he did in Mattitude, MVP feud, 08 ECW title run

It is hard to separate yourself from that when you are part of such a huge franchise. We were just talking earlier about how Edge still could be considered by some to be in the shadow of E&C. And he is much more successful than Matt Hardy. In fact, being a part of the hardy Boyz may be the only reason Matt is over at all with anybody still.

xtremebadass

You think Jeff have what it takes to be champ of TNA? Did you believe him to be a viable champ in WWE as well?

He definitely wasn't the most charismatic guy I have ever seen, but I did enjoy his short ass title reigns just because it was Jeff Hardy. I was a fan of the guy since I started watching. I saw his whole chopped up TNA run. If TNA, Hogan, and Bischoff saw his marketability and popularity he had in WWE, which they should it's a can't miss, they would definitely be willing to make him champ. He was the biggest star in wrestling in 2009.

maty619

Reaction score
TNA need to get more original wrestlers not just get fed through the WWE main eventers that just fancied a change of scenery. But anyway this a WWE convo not a TNA convo so....

Is there anybody that should go from TNA to WWE mid-card, upper mid-card, maineventers anyone?

noumenon

Matt's done a pretty good job of establishing himself as an individual over the years. In fact, that's what all of his heel turns have been about, especially the one last year. Then they took about 10 steps back with the ridiculous face turn crushing just about everything he ever did to establish himself.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
He definitely wasn't the most charismatic guy I have ever seen, but I did enjoy his short ass title reigns just because it was Jeff Hardy. I was a fan of the guy since I started watching. I saw his whole chopped up TNA run. If TNA, Hogan, and Bischoff saw his marketability and popularity he had in WWE, which they should it's a can't miss, they would definitely be willing to make him champ. He was the biggest star in wrestling in 2009.

Do you still believe that 'being Jeff Hardy' carries the same weight it did back then? Before he left I was beginning to see a little wear and tear on him that taking all those bumps left. You can't expect him to be as Xtreme as he was in his prime. That being said, due to the fact that he isn't capable of performing at the same level as he is known for, does that take a toll on his marketability? Are fans going to want to see Jeff Hardy without all the crazy spots?

MizMasta3000

^EXACTLY @ Noumenon

If there had been no Hardy Boyz or E&C, would any of these guys have had the popularity or careers that they have had BECAUSE of it?

No most main eventers started off in teams/stables. See Bret Hart, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, even in the indies look at Tyler Black/Jimmy Jacobs

noumenon

^EXACTLY @ Noumenon

No most main eventers started off in teams/stables. See Bret Hart, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, even in the indies look at Tyler Black/Jimmy Jacobs

That's just about the most overly broad and untrue statement I've ever heard from you...LOL.

maty619

Reaction score
Do you still believe that 'being Jeff Hardy' carries the same weight it did back then? Before he left I was beginning to see a little wear and tear on him that taking all those bumps left. You can't expect him to be as Xtreme as he was in his prime. That being said, due to the fact that he isn't capable of performing at the same level as he is known for, does that take a toll on his marketability? Are fans going to want to see Jeff Hardy without all the crazy spots?
Of course not, Jeff's crazyness was all he was in the WWE, where would he be without his extreme edge it has been said before he hasn't got the in ring skills just the out ring skills. What appeal would he have to anyone other than the Matt appeal of the memories.

MizMasta3000

Bret Hart started off with the Foundation

Rock started off with the Nation of Domination

Shawn Michaels started with Janetty

Tyler Black and Jacobs started with Doing it for Her

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
Matt's done a pretty good job of establishing himself as an individual over the years. In fact, that's what all of his heel turns have been about, especially the one last year. Then they took about 10 steps back with the ridiculous face turn crushing just about everything he ever did to establish himself.

But you can not deny that a lot of Matts heel turns were based on separating from Jeff for whatever reason. That still makes Jeff a main part of it. And yeah, Matt has been victim of some crappy choices.

^EXACTLY @ Noumenon

I created a thread for this topic. ^

If you wouldn't mind repeating yourself so that your opinion can be taken into account over there, I already have some comments to be added to yours. And btw, what are you a column writer of? Excuse my not knowing, I'm new.