Free Flow WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Great One

If there had been no Hardy Boyz or E&C, would any of these guys have had the popularity or careers that they have had BECAUSE of it?
No most main eventers started off in teams/stables. See Bret Hart, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, even in the indies look at Tyler Black/Jimmy Jacobs
No, the reason those names prospered and were elevated had really nothing to do with the stable/tag team. It would have happened anyway, it was because they were so talented or charismatic that it had to happen. The Hardy's on the other hand, simply did COOL MOVES, which is how they got over. Makes perfect sense. We remember E&C because the characters and gimmicks they did were so AWESOME.

noumenon

And because their duller partners by contrast forced them to stand out even further.

MizMasta3000

Still and all a team/stable started them off

I feel the purpose of some tag teams should be to carve a breakout star

noumenon

So they should create a star from one of them and shit on the other?

Actually sounds about right going by history.

(Also, go fix my album request...two still don't work..lol)

MizMasta3000

which two

But yeah hate to say it, if Christian's CC heel gimmick didn't get so much heat, he would be with the Jannettys, Rick Steiners, Anvils, etc

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
TNA columnist

Nice, bro. I will check it out.

And because their duller partners by contrast forced them to stand out even further.

Isn't that a shame how that happens?

Still and all a team/stable started them off

I feel the purpose of some tag teams should be to carve a breakout star

I agree that being in a tag team can do wonders to help guys up their in ring work etc but to say their only purpose is to carve out stars, I don't know I'd go that far.

So they should create a star from one of them and shit on the other?

Actually sounds about right going by history.

(Also, go fix my album request...two still don't work..lol)

It is bound to happen though. It seems that a lot of the times with tag teams they put together two guys who compliment each other and fill in gaps that the other lacks. Like marriage :D

MizMasta3000

Hardyz could be too if Matt Hardy gets where he deserves. Such a better wrestler than Jeff, he shouldn't be jobbing or in teams with Khali

xtremebadass

Do you still believe that 'being Jeff Hardy' carries the same weight it did back then? Before he left I was beginning to see a little wear and tear on him that taking all those bumps left. You can't expect him to be as Xtreme as he was in his prime. That being said, due to the fact that he isn't capable of performing at the same level as he is known for, does that take a toll on his marketability? Are fans going to want to see Jeff Hardy without all the crazy spots?

Fans were going crazy for him in WWE for the past year and he didn't really do anything "extreme" for the most part. So I don't think it would hurt him in anyway. Jeff would stop wrestling before he would wrestle without doing atleast some sort of extreme maneuvers in some of his matches.

MizMasta3000

That's who Jeff is. He feeds off the reactions he gets when he goes spot monkey. It's what he's known for

MizMasta3000

In a sports ENTERTAINMENT industry, I see nothing wrong with the "spot monkey". Of course, all of us appreciate in-ring technicians more, being able to engage the crowd is what its all about at the end of the day. We all know Jeff on the mic is something to be desired, he lets his fancy moves do the talking and the crowd loves everytime

straight_edge76

I believe that there is a middle ground between spot monkeys (Jeff Hardy) and a totally bland technical wrestler (Danielson; yeah I said it). I can't hardly watch a Danielson match without just about falling asleep, same goes with a totally over the top spot-fest. A guy like Jericho or Punk is the perfect mix of technical prowess and spotiness.