Do you support Punk for leaving, or is he a baby?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should he be applauded?

• Yes, it's brave.

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • No, he's a baby.

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm going to keep this hypothetical but say Bryan takes Punk place vs HHH (and any story arcs planned after? At least until the mania fall out seems fair) so now we have Bryan feuding with the top heel in the company rather than Sheamus, he jumps up to a higher story correct? We need someone to face Sheamus now right too. The ethos hasn't changed but no one is expecting it too we're just saying Bryan has gone from likely lowercard match to a legend in HHH, sounds pretty good to me. Plus Punk needs replacing at the top of the card so Bryan moves up there to fill in from speculation.

Batista leaving to film his movie in the summer opens up another spot. Boom as soon as you know it we have 2 fresh faces to go along with Cena. Sounds pretty different doesn't it? Again a company wide revolution isn't what I'm expecting just a positive difference seems likely from Punk's statement.
Listen, lol....im getting so tired of replying to 2 people....lol

But, that still doesn't change the fact that WWE will not change long term. Punk leaving will force, remember that word, force them to make some changes for the time being. And, YES!, it may even cause Bryan some more spotlight. However, this does not mean it's long term.

Punk made a forced change for maybe 2 superstars, sure. But, punks whole frustration was pushing younger talent quicker, him being belittled, etc., and I don't think most of that will change lon term. im like wigging out typing now...lol

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Listen, lol....im getting so tired of replying to 2 people....lol

But, that still doesn't change the fact that WWE will not change long term. Punk leaving will force, remember that word, force them to make some changes for the time being. And, YES!, it may even cause Bryan some more spotlight. However, this does not mean it's long term.

Punk made a forced change for maybe 2 superstars, sure. But, punks whole frustration was pushing younger talent quicker, him being belittled, etc., and I don't think most of that will change lon term. im like wigging out typing now...lol

We'll chalk it off to a differing opinion to avoid repeating ourselves further, good debate dude.

Reactions: edge4ever

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I wanted to see more :downer:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
FACK lol clicked on wrong option!
I mean if it's a work angle/injury related then no hes not obviously, but if it really is due to writing reasons I gotta say how much more could he possibly want, he's been one of the better written characters over the past 4 or 5 years. Idk only time will tell I suppose :)

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
If only Batista and Orton had quit instead.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
He leaves. GIves room for more people to get his opportunities. That's how I see it. Hopefully it's not like The Rock.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
I think he made the right call, along with the fans. It's been silly how we cheer for someone we actually want to win and be pushed yet they don't do anything with them. He has a backbone, because as Seabs pointed out he's been one of the best things this past 8 years and has only been shat on.

CM Punk Girl

Jobber
Reaction score
I think he did the right thing, the man needs a break as he is getting injured a lot lately and needs time to recuperate, so hopefully he will be back in a few months and be better than ever xx

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Punk doesn't want to play ball? Good. Enter: Roman mf Reigns

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I really don't care about people's opinions on this.
Is there really somebody in this world that expected Punk to take this?
His whole fuckin character (Kayfabe and IRL) is about not taking shit like this.
Is it brave or a baby? It's just motherfukin Punk.
This shouldn't even be a thread.

mh0707

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well Orton and The Shield talked about him at a house show according to a very unreliable source. They said we should be glad he's gone. If it's true it's probably a work.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I don't really see the point of setting up a fake walk out by one of your most popular dudes RGHT at the most important time of the year....

That would be the whole point and the convenient timing is what gets a lot of people think it could very plausibly be a work. It'd be one thing if Punk walked out around September or October or something (although there'd be reason to believe it's a work even then, but less so), but deciding to walk out right when his feud with Triple H and The Authority is really just starting to get brewing at the most important time of the year?

It helps to remember that reports have been saying off and on that the WWE wants to revitalize the same sort of vibe for this feud that the Summer Of Punk storyline had, and one of the major aspects of that angle that made it intriguing was it's ability to combine bits of reality into a fictional angle (i.e. Punk's worked shoot, making Punk's real-life expiring contract part of the angle, Punk calling WWE out for always having a bias towards pushing bigger guys over smaller guys like him, etc.) Punk walking out on the company only to later reveal it was all a ruse on WWE's part (as far as irl goes) is what could create further intrigue in the angle, at least from WWE's point of view. (I'm personally neutral on the subject because it makes sense for it to go either way to me.)

As for whether I think Punk is being a baby if we assume this is for real... I don't think he's a whiny bitch just for leaving if things are genuinely dissatisfying him, but I struggle to think of how a guy in his position could be ALL that upset given how he's been booked for the past two and a half years and given that he's about to be the big hero to take down Triple H and The Authority. He really does suffer from grandiose delusions of how big of a star he is and how important he is to the company (although he's hardly the first wrestler to be a huge mark for himself... Bret, Flair, Hogan, Piper, Angle, etc. all come to mind) if he thinks he should be seen as a John Cena-level type of baby face.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I can't really say either, it's really a game of "Did he leave because he wasn't in the WM main event, waaaaah" or "Did he leave to prove a point to management and stand up for the locker room?"

I can't really vote "brave", because I guarantee his walking out will lead to nothing. So I just really see it as a dude being smart for saving up his money so he can leave whenever he wants and doesn't turn into the next Ric Flair. Good for Punk!

Reactions: Wacokid27