Do you support Punk for leaving, or is he a baby?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should he be applauded?

• Yes, it's brave.

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • No, he's a baby.

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It makes a ton of difference to house shows (especially SmackDown). Sheamus is their lead draw for SmackDown now, and that isn't a situation WWE want to be in.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
One of their biggest full time stars leaving is the most likely to make an impact.
You only replied to that part of my post....awesome.

Anywho, no it wont change anything, most likely. Superstars, big ones, have left a lot--Batista, The Rock, Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, etc--and they were all replaced. Granted they didn't walk out like Punk did, but they made WWE a lot of money just as punk did. They'll find someone and move them up to replace him. It'll happen.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It makes a ton of difference to house shows (especially SmackDown). Sheamus is their lead draw for SmackDown now, and that isn't a situation WWE want to be in.
It makes a difference, yes. But read my reply earlier. It makes a difference whenever big superstars leave, yet they are replaced and WWE finds a way to survive. AS Stone Cold said, "you're just a gear in the giant machine; you can be replaced"

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Agreed but do you honestly think him leaving will make that much of a difference? hell no. I mean I hope it does; however, im sure it wont. WWE will do it's own thing and replace punk. Sure, him doing what he did may help WWE move in the right direction, but more fan complaints is what's going to do the trick. If they setup another bad ppv like they did with the Rumble, fans will boo and keep booing and ratings will go down. It's just natural. WWE will change their path time. Maybe it wont be perfect but it will change. Punk leaving like he did proves a point, but will it truly change them? No, he's better off staying and bitching and accepting his match with Triple H. If WWE stays on the same path that they've been on, fans will boo more and more and Punk will stand there saying I told you so. Now he's gone....so are they gonna follow his tweets saying I told you so? no, they wont.

As I said earlier, I condone punk and don't think he's a baby for leaving, but is him leaving going o help? most likely no.[/quote]

Full term reply? Fan complaints don't really matter unless they stop buying the product. Those two aren't always linked either, people bitch about Cena being on top and have since 05 has that changed? Him leaving makes more of a statement than bitching backstage at least.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
You only replied to that part of my post....awesome.

Anywho, no it wont change anything, most likely. Superstars, big ones, have left a lot--Batista, The Rock, Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, etc--and they were all replaced. Granted they didn't walk out like Punk did, but they made WWE a lot of money just as punk did. They'll find someone and move them up to replace him. It'll happen.

Huge differences here, when they left they had start power in some form currently they have Bryan, Orton and Cena. Batista leaving is the most similar and that's a stretch since Orton was pretty hot at that time whilst having company support.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It makes a difference, yes. But read my reply earlier. It makes a difference whenever big superstars leave, yet they are replaced and WWE finds a way to survive. AS Stone Cold said, "you're just a gear in the giant machine; you can be replaced"
Yeah, I don't think anyone really expects WWE to significantly become worse off here. CM Punk leaving certainly isn't going to put them out of business if that's what you're getting at; however, WWE will probably see this as a big deal backstage. It's all pretty subjective based on what you think is a big deal and what isn't, but from a company standpoint, it's something they'd MUCH rather do without right now.

Reactions: Butters!

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

Making a statement isn't the same thing as taking the company out of business.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Agreed but do you honestly think him leaving will make that much of a difference? hell no. I mean I hope it does; however, im sure it wont. WWE will do it's own thing and replace punk. Sure, him doing what he did may help WWE move in the right direction, but more fan complaints is what's going to do the trick. If they setup another bad ppv like they did with the Rumble, fans will boo and keep booing and ratings will go down. It's just natural. WWE will change their path time. Maybe it wont be perfect but it will change. Punk leaving like he did proves a point, but will it truly change them? No, he's better off staying and bitching and accepting his match with Triple H. If WWE stays on the same path that they've been on, fans will boo more and more and Punk will stand there saying I told you so. Now he's gone....so are they gonna follow his tweets saying I told you so? no, they wont.

As I said earlier, I condone punk and don't think he's a baby for leaving, but is him leaving going o help? most likely no.

Full term reply? Fan complaints don't really matter unless they stop buying the product. Those two aren't always linked either, people bitch about Cena being on top and have since 05 has that changed? Him leaving makes more of a statement than bitching backstage at least.[/quote]
Yes, thank you for that.

Fan complaints do matter. If their ppv's are getting booed everywhere, much like the Rumble, they will be forced to change some things. Cena is a toss up, bad example in fact. He would get booed and cheered and sold merchandise--too many mixed reactions. And people have never booed an entire ppv event because of Cena being on top. They booed at the rumble because of WWE belitting DB and making crappy matches.

Punk made a statement, yes. But will it change anything? No. He will be replaced. Much like Steve Austin, The Rock, etc., were replaced.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Making a statement isn't the same thing as taking the company out of business.
you're saying that Punk leaving will most likely cause WWE to change their ways. My point in all of this, from the beginning, is that it wont. He's better off staying.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think anyone really expects WWE to significantly become worse off here. CM Punk leaving certainly isn't going to put them out of business if that's what you're getting at; however, WWE will probably see this as a big deal backstage. It's all pretty subjective based on what you think is a big deal and what isn't, but from a company standpoint, it's something they'd MUCH rather do without right now.
It will be a big deal, sure. But will it force WWE to rethink their creative ways and how they'll do things. No.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Fan complaints do matter. If their ppv's are getting booed everywhere, much like the Rumble, they will be forced to change some things. Cena is a toss up, bad example in fact. He would get booed and cheered and sold merchandise--too many mixed reactions. And people have never booed an entire ppv event because of Cena being on top. They booed at the rumble because of WWE belitting DB and making crappy matches.

Punk made a statement, yes. But will it change anything? No. He will be replaced. Much like Steve Austin, The Rock, etc., were replaced.

Dude the Rumble shit was exactly what Cena has gotten for years, he sells merch and that's exactly why fan complaints don't mean jack unless a drastic action is changed to the WWE's income. They don't give a crap about whether people boo or cheer if they're watching the show and rightly so. WWE makes money so they don't change things a few boos don't change that, the network will make great profits in the next year or 2 bank on it.

He still made a statement which is the entire point, I'll raise the question again what would you rather do?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
you're saying that Punk leaving will most likely cause WWE to change their ways. My point in all of this, from the beginning, is that it wont. He's better off staying.
Show me once where I've said that. I said he made a statement and that it's better than doing what everyone else seems to do.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It will be a big deal, sure. But will it force WWE to rethink their creative ways and how they'll do things. No.
How do you know that for sure? I mean if you believe reports, something extremely similar to this has already happened very recently. Daniel Bryan was reportedly going to go up against Sheamus this year at Wrestlemania, but that has since been changed to a match against Authority leader HHH instead. Why? Fan backlash regarding recent Daniel Bryan booking (Rumble especially), and CM Punk was originally meant to face HHH, so a replacement competitor was needed.

So if you think about it, him leaving has already changed a lot (if you believe the reports that is).

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Huge differences here, when they left they had start power in some form currently they have Bryan, Orton and Cena. Batista leaving is the most similar and that's a stretch since Orton was pretty hot at that time whilst having company support.

No, it's not different at all. Lol. Right now they still have Batista, DB, CEna, Bray, Sheumus, Orton, Reigns. etc.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
No, it's not different at all. Lol. Right now they still have Batista, DB, CEna, Bray, Sheumus, Orton, Reigns. etc.
Batista is chipping in the Summer, DB lacks company support, Bray has been on the main roster a few months, Sheamus is a ratings killer, Orton is getting go away heat it seems and Reigns hasn't even broken out yet.