Do you support Punk for leaving, or is he a baby?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should he be applauded?

• Yes, it's brave.

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • No, he's a baby.

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I think this debate is sort of pointless lol. I think it's pretty confusing identifying what people are meaning. Will CM Punk raising his voice and leaving change the entire complex of WWE? Of course not, and no one is suggesting it is. Does it change immediate plans? Yes, and that's going to piss backstage off a lot considering immediate plans revolve around their biggest event of the year. Does it affect WWE's income? Probably.

This thread is more about whether you think what CM Punk has supposedly done is right or wrong. Would you have done the same? Did he handle it right? Does CM Punk have a point to be legitimately angry at recent events?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Show me once where I've said that. I said he made a statement and that it's better than doing what everyone else seems to do.
"Hes been given a lot but he believes he deserves more ( and has a valid argument IMO) and has taken the only action which will make the company listen. He's been complaining backstage for ages it seems and was ignored so he's got their attention now."

You're implying that "he's got their attention" which I would assume, call me crazy, means that he's going to help them change their ways. That's the whole point of him leaving.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Batista is chipping in the Summer, DB lacks company support, Bray has been on the main roster a few months, Sheamus is a ratings killer, Orton is getting go away heat it seems and Reigns hasn't even broken out yet.
Reigns can break out now that Punk is gone.
And DB may be forced to be pushed more now since he sells tickets an merchandise. Shamus is a toss up but he will still main event and can be pushed. Orton is going anywhere for a little while.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
At the rumble match, the way he was eliminated was pretty crappy and unfair.

Other then that, I really haven't looked that much into he's leaving as I thought it was a stunt to begin with, but it's clearly not anymore.

I say he had a good run, he has nothing more to prove. and if he leaves he should leave with his head held high, I'm just glad that the spotlight has moved onto Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt for now.

-Shifts back into corner-

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
You're implying that "he's got their attention" which I would assume, call me crazy, means that he's going to help them change their ways. That's the whole point of him leaving.
No it's not, lol. The whole point of him leaving is that he's pissed off and wants a break. I don't think he's holding them up or trying to make a statement so the whole company changes their approach. He's simply a pissed off superstar who thinks he and others deserve more and they're constantly being screwed over. He doesn't need the money, so he bailed.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
"Hes been given a lot but he believes he deserves more ( and has a valid argument IMO) and has taken the only action which will make the company listen. He's been complaining backstage for ages it seems and was ignored so he's got their attention now."

Getting attention doesn't require a change at all. It shows he's made a statement. I'm not saying it'll change their ways I'm saying him leaving will raise attention to the issues he's been raising not change them.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Reigns can break out now that Punk is gone.
And DB may be forced to be pushed more now since he sells tickets an merchandise. Shamus is a toss up but he will still main event and can be pushed. Orton is going anywhere for a little while.
All coulds and could nots, also doesn't it show Punk leaving has made a difference if Bryan does get pushed? Doesn't that contradict your whole approach of Punk leaving not changing anything?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
How do you know that for sure? I mean if you believe reports, something extremely similar to this has already happened very recently. Daniel Bryan was reportedly going to go up against Sheamus this year at Wrestlemania, but that has since been changed to a match against Authority leader HHH instead. Why? Fan backlash regarding recent Daniel Bryan booking (Rumble especially), and CM Punk was originally meant to face HHH, so a replacement competitor was needed.

So if you think about it, him leaving has already changed a lot (if you believe the reports that is).
I don't know anything for "sure." Just an educated guess muahahah

No, that didn't change WWE's creative ways in the long term. For one match, of course, as they had to fill punk's shoes. Filling someone's shoes and doing a creative overhaul are two different things :)

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Getting attention doesn't require a change at all. It shows he's made a statement. I'm not saying it'll change their ways I'm saying him leaving will raise attention to the issues he's been raising not change them.
He will get attention and more if he's there complaining. Just as much or more. Him leaving will not do anything. It might excel Reigns and DB more because he left, which is th only good thing.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't know anything for "sure." Just an educated guess muahahah

No, that didn't change WWE's creative ways in the long term. For one match, of course, as they had to fill punk's shoes. Filling someone's shoes and doing a creative overhaul are two different things :)
It won't just be a one match thing. It means Daniel Bryan has to be included in the story Punk was meant to be in. That means weeks of building it. What happens to Sheamus there? It's a domino effect that affects many other superstars. It's not a case of Bryan simply wrestling one Wrestlemania match instead of Punk lol.

Reactions: edge4ever

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He will get attention and more if he's there complaining. Just as much or more. Him leaving will not do anything. It might excel Reigns and DB more because he left, which is th only good thing.
But that is a positive long term change isn't it?

Off topic but this has been the most enjoyable debates I'd had on here for ages, if you aren't a long term member please become one. Dude you're awesome.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
All coulds and could nots, also doesn't it show Punk leaving has made a difference if Bryan does get pushed? Doesn't that contradict your whole approach of Punk leaving not changing anything?
No it doesn't. My whole point is that he will make more of an impact by staying rather than going. Someone fillings anothers spot isn't causing a change in ways. It's a fill in cause they had no choice. A year from now Batista could com back and win the Rumble again. That's my point. Punk leaving wont change things like that lol

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It won't just be a one match thing. It means Daniel Bryan has to be included in the story Punk was meant to be in. That means weeks of building it. What happens to Sheamus there? It's a domino effect that affects many other superstars. It's not a case of Bryan simply wrestling one Wrestlemania match instead of Punk lol.

So 11/2 months of change for DB will make a change? I hope so. He had to fill shoes! lol. my point is that I don't think this will change WWE's way of thinking long term. Meaning like a guy as talented a DB steps up...and starts to become big. ...WWE will most likely, stillm let guys like Orton or Dave reign over them.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
No it doesn't. My whole point is that he will make more of an impact by staying rather than going. Someone fillings anothers spot isn't causing a change in ways. It's a fill in cause they had no choice. A year from now Batista could com back and win the Rumble again. That's my point. Punk leaving wont change things like that lol

I'm going to keep this hypothetical but say Bryan takes Punk place vs HHH (and any story arcs planned after? At least until the mania fall out seems fair) so now we have Bryan feuding with the top heel in the company rather than Sheamus, he jumps up to a higher story correct? We need someone to face Sheamus now right too. The ethos hasn't changed but no one is expecting it too we're just saying Bryan has gone from likely lowercard match to a legend in HHH, sounds pretty good to me. Plus Punk needs replacing at the top of the card so Bryan moves up there to fill in from speculation.

Batista leaving to film his movie in the summer opens up another spot. Boom as soon as you know it we have 2 fresh faces to go along with Cena. Sounds pretty different doesn't it? Again a company wide revolution isn't what I'm expecting just a positive difference seems likely from Punk's statement.