Do you support Punk for leaving, or is he a baby?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should he be applauded?

• Yes, it's brave.

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • No, he's a baby.

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

The Showstopper1

The Artiste
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's exactly brave, but he's certainly not being a "baby" about it. Either way, we can debate all we want, but only time will tell if Punk really left or if this is all a work.

JOSHiiii

Jobber
Reaction score
But, why would he leave?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
But, why would he leave?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
multiple factors.

Being burned out, tired, injured. Disappointed in his standing in the company (Punk apparently feels that he should main event wrestlemania, not wrestle Triple H in a semi main event. This is not confirmed though).
Punk is known to have an ego so it could be him being upset, or just him being hurt and needing time off, or a combination of them both.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
The latest rumour is that Punk was told that he would be losing to Hunter at WrestleMania. I support Punk's decision. Hopefully Vince, who's dealing with the situation, realises that his son-in-law is heavily damaging the product.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The latest rumour is that Punk was told that he would be losing to Hunter at WrestleMania. I support Punk's decision. Hopefully Vince, who's dealing with the situation, realises that his son-in-law is heavily damaging the product.
925e44b6957ed54fa8abc908e98e713d.jpg

acailler

Reaction score
It's just the fact that he's done it before. You don't see D.Bryan, Ziggler anyone else walking out. Just grin and bear it!

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score

I don't buy that rumor at all. This Authority angle has already run it's course and any ending other than Triple H losing at Wrestlemania makes no sense, regardless of who his opponent is.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I don't buy that rumor at all. This Authority angle has already run it's course and any ending other than Triple H losing at Wrestlemania makes no sense, regardless of who his opponent is.
Apparently some people think the authority angle is just going to keep going on? I mean it could rock until SS if Vince didnt show up until after wm, but Orton is going to lose, NAO wont retain, Shield are breaking up, Wyatt most likely will lose to Cena (not that i think the Wyatts are Corporate, that would make no sense) so HHH going over punk wouldnt make much sense to me.

Really I think it would be extremely easy to turn the authority face, they have done a ton of huge positives for WWE in the last year and before even. All it would take is a HHH humbling at the hands of a star, which i think is 100x better now that it looks like it will be Daniel Bryan.

Edited the vince part.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

The shitty angle had run its course after a couple of months and should have ended in the cell at HIAC, or if they wanted to do it at a bigger PPV, SS was the next month, so that doesn't mean much. It could go full circle and end at SummerSlam. Please God no.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
The shitty angle had run its course after a couple of months and should have ended in the cell at HIAC, or if they wanted to do it at a bigger PPV, SS was the next month, so that doesn't mean much. It could go full circle and end at SummerSlam. Please God no.

The angle had more than enough potential to run all the way till Mania without burning out, it's just that they dropped the ball with it because somewhere along the way, they forgot that HHH and Stephanie were meant to be heels who we were to supposed to be begging to see get their comeuppance. At this point, they're just the basic people in charge now who have no real spiteful or malicious qualities about them that should make anyone hate them. In fact, they might as well just have Vince come back as a heel himself and have him side with HHH instead of against him just so The Authority can get SOME kind of heat because right now, they have none.

Apparently some people think the authority angle is just going to keep going on? I mean it could rock until SS if Vince didnt show up until after wm, but Orton is going to lose, NAO wont retain, Shield are breaking up, Wyatt most likely will lose to Cena (not that i think the Wyatts are Corporate, that would make no sense) so HHH going over punk wouldnt make much sense to me.

Really I think it would be extremely easy to turn the authority face, they have done a ton of huge positives for WWE in the last year and before even. All it would take is a HHH humbling at the hands of a star, which i think is 100x better now that it looks like it will be Daniel Bryan.

Edited the vince part.

They're about one breath away from being baby faces as it is. They were great, effective heels last year, they just need to find a way to revert back to that in time for Wrestlemania.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
^This.

The good thing is, Lockard, after just seeing the first segment from last week's Raw they seem to be rectifying that. The entire point of the angle was to hold Bryan down until Bryan finally breaks free and wins the title despite that. It was a really effective angle until they took Bryan away from it, then it was really boring, and now that they're running down Bryan again it felt just as effective as before.

Thing is, the fans are still interested in this Authority thing. I don't think it's just Bryan's popularity that caused the backlash at the Rumble, it was the storyline that WWE CREATED that got the fans really emotionally invested in wanting to see a satisfying payoff, whether they meant it to be or not. But the whole point of the "guys being held down by the authority" angle was they were trying to hold back guys like Bryan and Ziggler because they're "too small" and "not stars". Outside of just being a itty bitty internet darling, how does that relate to Punk? (Outside of Punk character being "the dude that hates authority figures in general"). Punk really didn't belong in this feud. He's been champion for 434 days, was a main-event caliber guy for the past 2 years and one of the biggest draws this company has... hardly someone who's been "held down" by the Authority. It missed that added motivation that the Bryan angle had. Can see how Punk wasn't feeling it either.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
^This.

The good thing is, Lockard, after just seeing the first segment from last week's Raw they seem to be rectifying that. The entire point of the angle was to hold Bryan down until Bryan finally breaks free and wins the title despite that. It was a really effective angle until they took Bryan away from it, then it was really boring, and now that they're running down Bryan again it felt just as effective as before.

Thing is, the fans are still interested in this Authority thing. I don't think it's just Bryan's popularity that caused the backlash at the Rumble, it was the storyline that WWE CREATED that got the fans really emotionally invested in wanting to see a satisfying payoff, whether they meant it to be or not. But the whole point of the "guys being held down by the authority" angle was they were trying to hold back guys like Bryan and Ziggler because they're "too small" and "not stars". Outside of just being a itty bitty internet darling, how does that relate to Punk? (Outside of Punk character being "the dude that hates authority figures in general"). Punk really didn't belong in this feud. He's been champion for 434 days, was a main-event caliber guy for the past 2 years and one of the biggest draws this company has... hardly someone who's been "held down" by the Authority. It missed that added motivation that the Bryan angle had. Can see how Punk wasn't feeling it either.

To be honest, I actually think injecting Punk into the angle earlier is what could have helped save it (not that it still isn't salvageable, but still), since Punk is the most popular guy on the roster right behind Bryan and it would have been a great way to keep the fans interested as much as possible after Bryan went on to do other things (i.e. feud with the Wyatt Family.) Punk's natural dislike for authority figures (especially oppressive ones), plus the fact that he's always presented himself as "The Voice Of The Voiceless" (i.e. the man who will speak his mind no matter what and who will always speak up for others when those people are afraid to speak out due to the repercussions they may face) makes too much sense for him not to get involved and challenge Orton and The Authority's, um, authority at some point. And considering he finished up his rivalry with Paul Heyman right at the same time that Bryan/Orton concluded, it would have made perfect timing.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
At least this poll can prove one thing to delusional Punk fans who think the world is out to get him... he has more fans than haters for sure, even with all of his bullshit that has no doubt cost him a few fans over the last week

Reactions: Laura

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
To be honest, I actually think injecting Punk into the angle earlier is what could have helped save it (not that it still isn't salvageable, but still), since Punk is the most popular guy on the roster right behind Bryan and it would have been a great way to keep the fans interested as much as possible after Bryan went on to do other things (i.e. feud with the Wyatt Family.) Punk's natural dislike for authority figures (especially oppressive ones), plus the fact that he's always presented himself as "The Voice Of The Voiceless" (i.e. the man who will speak his mind no matter what and who will always speak up for others when those people are afraid to speak out due to the repercussions they may face) makes too much sense for him not to get involved and challenge Orton and The Authority's, um, authority at some point. And considering he finished up his rivalry with Paul Heyman right at the same time that Bryan/Orton concluded, it would have made perfect timing.

The stuff so far between Punk and the Authority didn't click with me, so we can just agree to disagree. But the stuff so far probably didn't click because of an earlier point you made. If the Authority was still this tyranny that held guys back and beat up the people they didn't like while making the rest of the roster stand on the stage and watch like the assholes they were, Punk absolutely would be the guy to stand up for the locker room as the Voice of the Voiceless as you said.

You get the Authority some heat and the whole angle works great. Luckily with Bryan around they can't help themselves.

Laura

The Showoff
Reaction score
At least this poll can prove one thing to delusional Punk fans who think the world is out to get him... he has more fans than haters for sure, even with all of his bullshit that has no doubt cost him a few fans over the last week
When the poll was first put up it was a landslide in the other direction. I was only the third vote for "Brave" when "Baby" had about twelve. I think it was Seabs arguments that tipped the balance, he really bought some intelligence and insight to the thread. The rest of us Punk marks were just pouting, lol.