WrestleMania Current WrestleMania Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
*Obligatory comment about how Roman's already a heel and this is some elaborate work*

But assuming my theory of them being stubborn and figuring that this is the best way to use his heat for good, they still should turn him heel.
They just need to worry about doing good things right now - especially on Raw - moreso than working the internet.
And Roman retiring the Undertaker and coming out the next night and turning heel seems WAY too good not to do. Because at that point I can't imagine him not having nuclear channel-changing heat.

The problem is if the Roman heel turn flops (yes. yes it can.) then they've really hurt the emotional investment in him, and the Rocky Maivia comparison is too apples and oranges.

If he turns heel and people cheer him anyway, isn't everyone happier? I'm not sure if that's the way to go in 2017 when society as a whole is all about nitpicking shit to bitch about and turning Roman heel kills their biggest topic of conversation, but... on the flip side, everyone's happier. Yay? Maybe? And if done right you've got a really hot post-Mania angle that can actually keep eyeballs 2 weeks after Mania... And as you say, any shift in character is a good one for us. Maybe we will turn him heel and find a Roman Reigns that works a lot better (like New Day) then they can turn them face later on down the road and it won't work as well (like New Day)...

Usually I'd be more than happy to see a Roman beat an Undertaker since every year at WM I talk about how "WWE has to do something to make the current talent look good. Have the part timers lure random people but encourage them to stick around..." but I'm pretty sure Roman Reigns has proven he doesn't draw new eyeballs, does he? Not sure the metrics of that.

Meh. Wrestling is weird in 2017. We're outright begging the top hero on the show to insult us.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
But, in this case, Hunter hired Joe to take out Rollins and he got the job done.

So, why wouldn't HHH give Joe a championship match if Joe wanted one, considering Joe has delivered as requested?

Ahh, I meant the NXT title in this case. Joe's entire storyline is about how he was pissed at management for not getting enough shots at Balor and Nak, wasn't it?
It's hard to logically do after that, but you can throw something together lol

I'm thinking storyline-wise, Shane McMahon vs Triple H is the only real match that will feel like it's a big deal for either guy. Either that match or both guys - esp. Shane - can kindly gtfo

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Ahh, I meant the NXT title in this case. Joe's entire storyline is about how he was pissed at management for not getting enough shots at Balor and Nak, wasn't it?
It's hard to logically do after that, but you can throw something together lol

I'm thinking storyline-wise, Shane McMahon vs Triple H is the only real match that will feel like it's a big deal for either guy. Either that match or both guys - esp. Shane - can kindly gtfo

Yeah, I know what you meant. That did work in NXT, but won't really work here.

Yup, Shane vs Trips seems likely if Rollins doesn't make it. But, of course, we're hoping he does make it!

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Wrestling is weird in 2017. We're outright begging the top hero on the show to insult us.
Its because the entire face/heel dynamic is completely backwards...especially on RAW:

Owens & Jericho are just too damn charismatic to truly hate as heels...
Reigns is meant to be the top face...but "everyone" hates his guts...
Strowman is meant to be a heel...but the more he beats on Reigns the more the crowd likes him...
Gallows & Anderson have been ruined to the point of me no longer caring...

The only true dominant heel on RAW is Charlotte...and that's easy for her
because there are only 3 other women being used on RAW and one of them
is "Sunshine & Lollipops" Bayley.

Its easy to be the "bad guy" against Bayley.

Over on SmackDown...the picture is much clearer...

Baron Corbin, The Miz and Alexa Bliss are all strong heels and while I love watching
all three of them work...there is no middle ground...they are "the bad guys" and
having Daniel Bryan and Becky Lynch oppose them means they'll always be hated...
because unlike on RAW...the SmackDown faces are loved by the fans.

I honestly think Styles will work better as a face...but only time will tell...
Cena & Ambrose are the top faces and both are extremely likeable in
completely different ways.

In saying that...they could use another face now Ziggler has turned...which is why
I think Tye Dillinger is needed on SmackDown...like right now.

The Wyatts are one giant grey area...but they are very interesting to watch...

What RAW needs is a true heel that is dangerous and dominant...and now they actually
have one...but I wonder if they will truly let him be the destroyer he needs to be.

samoa-joe.jpg

Last edited:

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Well it looks like these rumors are possibly fact according to Elimination Chamber. So I'm predicting the rest of Smackdown's contributions to the card are the SD live fatal 4 way Women's Championship match and Baron Corbin Vs. Dean Ambrose for the IC championship.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Baron Corbin Vs. Dean Ambrose for the IC championship.
And hopefully its a Street Fight or a No DQ, Falls Count Anywhere Match to
make up for the awful match Ambrose had to go through with Lazy Lesnar at
the Wrestlemania 32.

With Corbin being a young, full time performer...I'm sure he and Ambrose could
deliver a brutal match and if Corbin gets the win...then it will be even better.
SD live fatal 4 way Women's Championship match
Now I agree with you Botchie-San...but...I just spotted an online rumor saying
that the SmackDown Women's Title won't even be defended at this Wrestlemania
and that Naomi & Becky Lynch with take on Alexa Bliss & Mickie James in a preshow
tag match.

Naomi's first major defense of the belt may happen after Wrestlemania to a debuting
Asuka who will be drafted to the SmackDown brand to "replace" Nikki Bella as she is
rumored to be taking some time off after Wrestlemania.

Again...just a rumor I read...

Now frankly the SmackDown Women's Title should be defended at Wrestlemania...and
I'd have either a Triple Threat Match with Naomi, Becky & Alexa or a Fatal 4-Way with
Mickie James added.

Also...I had an idea for the tag titles of both brands...why not a cross brand challenge
where a SmackDown team challenges for the RAW tag titles and vice versa.

Say...American Alpha vs. Cesaro & Sheamus & Gallows & Anderson vs. Slater & Rhyno...

Both matches would seem fresh and if both titles change hands...well...neither brand would
technically suffer...they'd both still have a set of tag titles...just a different color.

KevinMM38

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
Putting Charlotte's Title & streak on the line is stupid if they are gonna have her lose. There will be no where to go with her character after this.

KevinMM38

Future Endeavoured
Banned
Reaction score
WWE gave away two feel good moments this past week that should have happened at Wrestlemania. The reason why poor story telling. I have nothing against Bayley but Charlotte should have retained the title via disqualification. And the same should have happened in the match between Naomi & Alexa Bliss for the SD! Live women's championship. And the reason why these things happen to soon is because of you people getting behind the heels. It's suppose to be the babyfaces getting the correct pops not the heels and I believe that is why Naomi won the championship so abruptly and the same goes for Bayley as well. So congratulations idiots you ruined Wrestlemania for the rest of us.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
So they have Cena taking a back seat to Roman with a tag team match while he gets to face fucking Taker!!!

What about AJ??

.....No no, it's ok UnderTaker, don't speak up or anything, just do everything Vince tells you...... like lose the streak, that worked out well!!!

And Goldberg Vs Lesnar 3 didn't need the Universal Title.... KO Vs Jericho deserved that FUCKING belt and they are far more interesting

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a dick when I say this but if everybody who said they weren't going to watch actually didn't watch or even talk about WM.... Vince might have to smarten up

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
WWE gave away two feel good moments this past week that should have happened at Wrestlemania. The reason why poor story telling. I have nothing against Bayley but Charlotte should have retained the title via disqualification. And the same should have happened in the match between Naomi & Alexa Bliss for the SD! Live women's championship. And the reason why these things happen to soon is because of you people getting behind the heels. It's suppose to be the babyfaces getting the correct pops not the heels and I believe that is why Naomi won the championship so abruptly and the same goes for Bayley as well. So congratulations idiots you ruined Wrestlemania for the rest of us.

News flash: Vince books whatever he wants regardless of the fans' or anyone else's opinion. So, no. The fans didn't really ruin this Mania.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Kind of hard to do when all of the babyfaces are talentless, boring idiots and nobody likes them
That seems like a tough statement to break down...but I don't think anyone of the WWE roster is talent-less...
Just some are more talented than others...

Face Character are naturally more "Boring" simply by being the "Good Guys" but there are likeable faces currently in the WWE:

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella, Naomi, Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose, American Alpha and Heath Slater on SmackDown...
Sasha Banks (For how much longer?), Bayley (I don't anymore...but everyone else does), The New Day, Cesaro, Sami Zayn on RAW...

I may have left some off because I consider them "In the Gray" between face & heel...

The fact is its easier to be interesting and have fun with your work when your playing a heel...take Alexa Bliss for example...
Now behind-the-scenes she is apparently an absolute sweetheart...but in front of the camera...she is a complete and utter bitch.

Being a heel gives Alexa a chance to play more of an actual "character"

Then of course there is Baron Corbin...who pretty much plays himself. No joke...rumor is the guy is a giant prick who simply
does not give a fuck and couldn't care less about anyone but himself...but...he's playing a heel...and it comes natural to him.

The Miz is a classic example of playing a character. The Miz and Maryse are like the sweetest couple on Total Divas...yet on
SmackDown...they are a couple of lying, cheating snobs...and that has to be fun to play that kind of role.

The truth is portraying a face character is really tough and most of the time you need a great heel to really help a face get over.

As far as my own personal tastes go...most of my favorite performers are heels...
Charlotte, Alexa Bliss, Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, Baron Corbin, Rusev, Neville, Mickie James...but...I there are some face characters
I really enjoy watching as well...Becky Lynch, Cesaro, Heath Slater & Sami Zayn.

I honestly think that the heels need to be more "evil" to help develop the faces and give the crowds a reason to actually hate the heels.

Okay...so here is an example: Baron Corbin and Dean Ambrose are clearly feuding at the moment...and the Face/Heel dynamic is
already set...but...if you really want to push Corbin and give the crowd a reason to hate the guy...Renee Young is right there...

No...no violence towards women...but all Corbin has to do is insult or threaten Renee and you add an extra level to the feud...
because what man wouldn't step up to defend his partners honor...and lets face it...everyone likes Renee.

I guess it could all be traced back to the writing/creative teams...

Give us Heels to hate...so we can cheer the Faces...

Except Roman...no one will ever like Roman...Heel or Face...
Boo...Boos Forever for Roman!

:p