WrestleMania Current WrestleMania Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty clear he is their next ARMBAR winner. He's got the big guy look they've went with the last few years and it could be a jumping point for Joe post Mania since he has no clear options between now and Mania.

It's not "pretty clear" yet, since Strowman's also a contender to win the ATGMBR.

Because Strowman, just like Joe, doesn't seem to have a clear direction for Mania. Both of them could end up being in ATGMBR for all we know.

And as for the "could be a jumping point for Joe post-Mania" bit, I'm not optimistic at all that his Battle Royal win would result in a big push, since it has done absolutely nothing for previous winners. See: Cesaro, Big Show, Baron Corbin

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
It's not "pretty clear" yet, since Strowman's also a contender to win the ATGMBR.

Because Strowman, just like Joe, doesn't seem to have a clear direction for Mania. Both of them could end up being in ATGMBR for all we know.

And as for the "could be a jumping point for Joe post-Mania" bit, I'm not optimistic at all that his Battle Royal win would result in a big push, since it has done absolutely nothing for previous winners. See: Cesaro, Big Show, Baron Corbin

The battle royal this year just seems like a way WWE will try to get Strowman over. I can't see Joe coming up the way he did and then being stuck in a multi-man match as meaningless as this one.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm not sure about Strowman winning the battle royal, as much like with Rusev he's just being built up for this Fastlane match. We'll see but I can see another power spot Cesaro win-tease, then Sheamus throwing him out to do the breakup. Or something like that, besides Strowman winning. Hell that battle royal's never went as predicted, has it??

Anyway, I replied to the Controversial Opinion thread with this piece, and figured it belonged here instead...

The sad part of PartTimerMania over here is that, in theory, it's being booked correctly.
I'm totally fine with them USING the part-timers, but on a show where the current talent that desperately need the spotlight don't wind up totally overshadowed. Don't do it like WM32 and have the entire male roster - sans Baron Corbin - look like shit.
This is set up perfectly for that. You have Brock vs Goldberg to make posters, draw eyeballs, get Sportscenter plugs and Twitter buzz... and also Rollins and Reigns beating up Undertaker and HHH.
That's great if Rollins is healthy + their plans to be the top face. It's a great time and a good story to get him over to that level, and this feud has given him an edge to him for two weeks before Kneegate happened...

...But it all feels so blah despite that. Part of it's the injury, part of it is just... Roman Reigns, but... Many of us watched Raw and Smackdown throughout 2016 and got invested in the characters, we've watched many of these guys go through some real growth and development through NXT up to the main roster, many of us hardcores feel like a mom watching her kids... And at the Rumble to see so many of the guys we've been watching get thrown out like a sack of garbage because the only people who mattered were Goldberg/Lesnar/Taker/Roman and Strowman to a lesser degree.

Like, take Kevin Owens. A guy who had ALL the hype in the world coming in, everyone knew he was simply too good to fail (if Vince could see past his look), he comes in and day 1 he's destroying his best friend in a viscious beating after the happiest moment of his life all the way to beating Cena and being handed a title and... you know the story. We've all been kinda frustrated with yet another WWE heel title reign where the champ is a worthless impotent loser (except this time it's too entertaining to boo) but now, 2 weeks before Fast Lane, they finally try with KO to make him a serious threat. Owens destroys Jericho in a sadistic assault, picks the bones of Zayn after Joe lays him out, has that light dimmed as he's coming across as this cold, heartless, ruthless person and everyone's so happy to see Kevin Owens FINALLY used correctly after all this time... just so he can get fed to Goldberg at Fast Lane.

It's not that it's even "bad booking"... it just feels like ever since I started watching his WWE career start in December 2014, it's all been a waste my time following him and becoming a fan who loves to hate Kevin Owens, if all this time it was just for Oldberg to kill him and back to the midcard with ya. :downer:

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Snowman1

Reaction score
Random crazy prediction: Somewhere in the random mob of people is Finn Balor, and he wins the ATGMBR

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch vs. Mickie James for the SmackDown Women's Title...
And may-be throw Natalya into that mix for a Fatal 4 Way match so SmackDown
has more exposure for their women's division at Wrestlemania.

Alexa, Becky, Mickie, Natalya, Nikki & Maryse...that would be 6 out of a possible
8 SmackDown women on the card with Naomi missing through injury...and Eva Marie...
well...does anyone care about All Red Everything anymore?

Last edited:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Another random match idea:... With reports of Triple H starting a new heel faction, as well as Undertaker likely missing the show for injury...

What about the new NXT All-Stars of Triple H, Samoa Joe, and Kevin Owens squaring off with a reunited Shield???

If they want to hotshot a reunion, now's as good a time as any I guess. All three guys are at their lowest points, right?... (Maybe not Roman) But again, reaching to the past.

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
What about the new NXT All-Stars of Triple H, Samoa Joe, and Kevin Owens squaring off with a reunited Shield???

If they want to hotshot a reunion, now's as good a time as any I guess. All three guys are at their lowest points, right?... (Maybe not Roman) But again, reaching to the past.
I've heard a rumor/theory that before Mick Foley is "sacked" from his GM position he will organize a trade...
Sami Zayn for Dean Ambrose...to reunite the Shield (and to protect Sami) to square off with this new Triple H led
stable (Evolution 2.0) which may include Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Braun Strowman and even more likely Charlotte
(As she is a Flair at the end of the day and Hunter may owe Ric the favor)

A Shield/Evolution 2.0 feud would definitely make RAW more watchable...and you just know that merchandise for
both factions would fly off the shelves.

I personally never saw either the original Shield run or the original Evolution...but apparently both factions
were great and provided many amazing matches and moments.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
I've heard a rumor/theory that before Mick Foley is "sacked" from his GM position he will organize a trade...
Sami Zayn for Dean Ambrose...to reunite the Shield (and to protect Sami) to square off with this new Triple H led
stable (Evolution 2.0) which may include Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens, Braun Strowman and even more likely Charlotte
(As she is a Flair at the end of the day and Hunter may owe Ric the favor)

A Shield/Evolution 2.0 feud would definitely make RAW more watchable...and you just know that merchandise for
both factions would fly off the shelves.

I personally never saw either the original Shield run or the original Evolution...but apparently both factions
were great and provided many amazing matches and moments.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
At this point I'm seriously hoping John Cena vs Randy Orton for the WWE Championship gets the main event of Wrestlemania 33.

This card isn't going to be good, so lets at least make it memeorable (typo that I'm totally not fixing) and hilariously terrible! :yay:
Beats just being boring

I was hoping for that too.... because atleast there is history there, a story instead of an out of the blue story that they throw together very quickly.

Brock Vs Berg III - had a nice story built and did not need the UNI title....

KO vs JERICHO or Zayn (wins rr) should have been for the UNI Title and would have had an awesome built story either way...

Cena Vs Taker
Sting Vs Taker
Angle vs Taker
Aj vs Taker would have all had a better story than Roman because it should have been....

Roman Vs Strowman or Strowman Vs Big Show and then it could have been Roman Vs Cena with one of the 2 being a heel so then it could have been....

AJ Vs Taker instead of Cena Vs Taker.... or AJ vs anybody other than Shane ffs since it makes zero sense and it could have been....

Shane Vs Dean Ambrose instead beating the crap out of each other with weapons and blood... Shane could have brought back the HC Title & put it on the line since he use to have it.

They ruined such an obvious dream card in so many ways... I just have no hope left for them.

Reactions: Solidus1

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Will the smackdown title match still main event Wrestlemania? Or do you reckon they'll let the show go off air with Borck and Gillberg?

I really hope its the WWE Title that closes out the show.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I agree with you RDT...but most likely Bork & Oldberg will close the show...
with Bork standing tall with the Universal title.

I mean...it is Vince's company after all...

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Will the smackdown title match still main event Wrestlemania? Or do you reckon they'll let the show go off air with Borck and Gillberg?

I really hope its the WWE Title that closes out the show.

Lesnar and Goldberg for the Universal title will most likely ME the show, it's called PartTimerMania for a reason. :brock4:

Hopefully I'm wrong about this, though.