WrestleMania Current WrestleMania Card

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Via the Wrestling Observer Newsletter and posted by Reddit user blacktoast:
  • Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar- Universal title match.

• Undertaker vs. Reigns. "It was noted to us that Vince McMahon had been wanting to make this match for some time. With Undertaker’s condition the way it is, this could have been the last chance to do it. There is the idea of a generational passing of the torch."

• HHH vs. Seth Rollins. "Obviously this is in jeopardy right now."

• Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton- WWE title match.

• Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens

• John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse

• Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal

• Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks for the women’s title
"The other match that is rumored that looks likely, but not confirmed is A.J. Styles vs. Shane McMahon."

So in their current plans AJ and Dean pretty much aren't confirmed for Mania? The two guys who carried SDlive for MONTHS! Don't even have a good spot on the WrestleMania card...WTF? AJ Vs. Shane would be a big match sure but it's a waste of the Wrestling genius that is AJ Styles. I know how smarky that sounds but it's true (damn true). Dean should be at least defending his championship 1v1 and not in some ladder match...sigh...I feel bad for the these guys.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar- Universal title match?
Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar- Universal title match?!?!?!?

tumblr_nscfsu7mko1tq4of6o1_400.gif

And lets look at AJ, Dean, AND JOE not being on this list for a second....

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

XdRonKH.gif

If this don't change, I got 2 3 words for Wrestlemania 33...

ZRN8_f-maxage-0.gif

I won't be watching. :finger:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 person

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
WTF? So... here's what should be modified.

-Reigns turns heel, beats Taker, duh
-Lesnar and Goldberg just have a regular match no title involved
-in place of Seth vs. HHH because Rollins will definitely miss mania... Balor vs. Samoa Joe
-Cena and Nikki vs. Miz and Maryse remain as it is (btw John, if you are reconsidering marriage, THIS is where you propose)
-Jericho vs. Owens for the UV title and US title (not a unification)
-women's title match remains
-Big show vs. Shaq remains
-Orton vs. Wyatt for the title should happen, Orton can go over if Vince wants
-Ambrose should defend the Intercontinental championship against AJ Styles
-Tag Title matches idk and the Smackdown Women's Title idk
-Crusierweights should get the championship Ladder match, with Neville retaining for being a fucking King
-ATG... fuck knows, not Brauny, I can't find a place for him tho
And yeah Zayn, Corbin, everyone else, idk... haven't thought about it

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar - Universal title match.
I only care if Goldberg is going to squash Brock again...which you would think isn't going to happen...again...
Undertaker vs. Reigns.
Honestly...this match will be a disaster. After seeing the Undertaker in the Rumble...
He should just retire...he was struggling to move...
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton - WWE title match.
Yeah...I'm keen for this...especially is Bray goes in Champion and retains...that will be a great moment for him...
Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens
For the United States Title? Well...either way...I'm sure it will be the best match on the card...
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse
If its Nikki's last match & Cena "pops the question" after then I'm all for it...
Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal
I'm pretty sure this will surprise everyone and be better than expected...
and if nothing else...I'm happy for Show to go out a winner on the biggest stage...
Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks for the women’s title
Ugh...the only way this works for me is if Sasha goes crazy and destroys everyone else with a steel chair and wins...
or Charlotte wins on PPV lol
A.J. Styles vs. Shane McMahon
This would be such a waste and a real disrespect to A.J...although storytelling wise...if its for control of SmackDown...
A.J could literally become "the face that runs the place" Instant trade of Gallows & Anderson to SmackDown...lol

Last edited:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
They should have Triple H vs Shane McMahon now that Rollins is out.

AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe in a Smackdown vs Raw match up.

Ambrose vs Baron Corbin for the IC

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The card looks sooo... Underwhelming. Oh, well. At least we get NXT TakeOver: Orlando the night before Mania.

• Haha
Reactions: Gman003

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
As for the matches: Here's to hoping we get KO vs Y2J for the Universal title instead of the match for the US title.

Plus, Lesnar vs Goldberg III does not need to be for the title.

So, KO vs Y2J for the Universal title would be ideal, but Y2J would have to drop the US title first, though. Hopefully to Zayn, so Zayn can work Joe.

If Joe doesn't work Zayn, then I hope we get Joe vs Cena or Joe vs Styles.

The CW title will most likely be defended in a ladder match.

Gallows & Anderson will probably defend against Enzo & Cass or in a Fatal 4-Way.

American Alpha will hopefully defend against The Revival.

Alexa Bliss will defend her title against Nikki Bella or perhaps in a Fatal 4-Way against Becky, Mickie and Nikki.

Charlotte might defend against Bayley or Sasha again or in a rumored Fatal 4-Way. But, I don't really care, tbh, as long as Charlotte finally drops the title. Although I feel it'd be better if she dropped the title in a singles match. It'd have more impact if she dropped the title that way and the rub someone would receive after breaking her PPV streak would be a big one.

Taker vs Reigns is pretty much confirmed, as well as Wyatt vs Orton and Shaq vs Show.

Hopefully HHH vs Rollins doesn't get cancelled for the second year in a row due to injury. But, if it does, then who does HHH work? Shane? Meh. Also, Shane's rumored to work Styles, but that's also meh.

Cena & Nikki vs The Miz & Maryse sounds kinda underwhelming.

Said it a while back that Ambrose vs Corbin for the IC title will end up happening. But, a ladder match wouldn't surprise me, either.

Oh, and hopefully Finn Bálor's on the card and not in the jobbers battle royal.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Charlotte might defend against Bayley or Sasha again or in a rumored Fatal 4-Way. But, I don't really care, tbh, as long as Charlotte finally drops the title. Although I feel it'd be better if she dropped the title in a singles match. It'd have more impact if she dropped the title that way and the rub someone would receive after breaking her PPV streak would be a big one.
You make a valid point...but I'm most curious about whether it will be a standard Fatal 4-way or a Fatal 4-way Elimination Match...
If its an elimination match...it can be structured in a more interesting way than a standard Fatal 4-way.

I have to be honest...I'd rather Sasha break Charlotte's streak than Bayley. I don't think Bayley deserves
the title or to break Charlotte's streak. If I was booking the match...I'd have it an elimination style match...
~ The 3 Horsewomen gang up on Nia...she goes first...
~ Bayley & Sasha team up and eliminate Charlotte...
~ then Sasha turns heel and "cheats" to win the match...
~ Sasha & Bayley then feud till SummerSlam where Bayley wins the title at the biggest party of the summer...
Alexa Bliss will defend her title against Nikki Bella or perhaps in a Fatal 4-Way against Becky, Mickie and Nikki.
I'd rather see Alexa vs. Becky in a ladder match with Becky reclaiming the title...