Caps Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It's how I feel at times...

Also I believe the cap rule should be if someone has posted 1 RP, you post another, doesn't mean you can post 2-3 more RP's.

Prefer if it was kept fair y'know?

Reaction score
I understand that's the way it works NOW but 2 shows ago when I lost to Solomon White, the only reason he won is because he did 2 rp's. I don't mind losing to people who have better rp's than me but if I work my ass off for one good rp and he does two 12 liner's he shouldn't win. And that is what happened to me.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I use caps to tell a serial story. For instance: Jacqui M arrives - 1 RP: talks to Raiden - second RP; goes to the locker room and thinks - third RP. If you try cramming all that into one, it's going to be one huge unreadable mess, unless you are very good about it.

Doing that just looks stupid, all that could have easily been rolled into one RP, yet you just wanted to meet the cap easily, that's just sissy. 8D

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
It's how I feel at times...

Also I believe the cap rule should be if someone has posted 1 RP, you post another, doesn't mean you can post 2-3 more RP's.

Prefer if it was kept fair y'know?

Why should your opponent have to wait on you? You could essentially force him to do only one rp. Not that it would matter anyway because it would be quality not quantity so he could rp 8000 times to your one and it wouldnt matter.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
My understanding is that the cap was always meant to be a suggestion as in this is the MAX that you can do for your match whether it is 1,2,3,4 or however many. It was never meant to be a requirement or a prerequisite to fulfill to have the optimal chance at winning but merely just a suggestion that IF you can reach that number then go for it and if you can't... do your best with what you can achieve. If you can meet half of the number then do half and it wouldn't count against you unless of course you did 2 good RPs and the other did 3 good RPs then of course the one that did more good ones is gonna win cause well... both were good and he did better.

It wasn't supposed to be... RP to cap every match but for some I know that only doing 1 just feels sucky because you feel limited in that you don't want to cram every single idea you have into 1 rp cause there is a chance that it could wind up messy, long, and just a pain to read whereas with a higher cap it was designed to split up your ideas so you don't have to cram everything into one. It wasn't designed to just split up scenes like, now I'm home, now I'm on the plane, now I'm at the arena. Chances are you could do all of that in either one or two RPs and it still be good to go.

So yeah... the cap should be merely a suggestion to follow and if they happen to RP for the match it should be good enough. If they don't then well... more fat to trim right?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I understand that's the way it works NOW but 2 shows ago when I lost to Solomon White, the only reason he won is because he did 2 rp's. I don't mind losing to people who have better rp's than me but if I work my ass off for one good rp and he does two 12 liner's he shouldn't win. And that is what happened to me.

That was then this is now how bout moving on and focusing on this round? And the future of your character you can come talk to me after 8 such losses mmk

Pete

Reaction score
Doing that just looks stupid, all that could have easily been rolled into one RP, yet you just wanted to meet the cap easily, that's just sissy. 8D

Like I said...rolling it all into one would result in a huge mess that would bore everybody.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Like I said...rolling it all into one would result in a huge mess that would bore everybody.

Depends how you did it. The way you're doing it is just a cheap way to meet your cap that you always have to do. Why not focus on writing one super amazing RP than 3 mediocre ones? I'm not trying to bash you, but that's just how I see it.

Andy

Reaction score
LOL, this whole thing (the conversation) could honestly be avoided by implementing a grading system. To respond to Ryder, the judging of your roleplay by the assigned judge was more of the reason you lost. Not the actual caps itself.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
As everyone seems to like the idea of the new way no need for further discussion. Also we've posted a loose grading system and new more defined rules will be up in just a few days.

BDC

Reaction score
LOL, this whole thing (the conversation) could honestly be avoided by implementing a grading system. To respond to Ryder, the judging of your roleplay by the assigned judge was more of the reason you lost. Not the actual caps itself.

To MY defense, I polled the management at the time and they backed my decision for the loss, Ryder. Not that it matters.

Pete

Reaction score
RRS, take a look at what I'm currently doing with Jacqui. Imagine that as one whole, gigantic RP. Then tell me if you'd like to read that.

Not bashing your point either, just illustrating mine.

BDC

Reaction score
To each their own, I guess. I like the vignette approach
Give it to them in increments

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
You know I look like a real ass if I close a topic and the mods keep posting there opinions here.

Status
Not open for further replies.