Caps Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
People seem to be having a hard time with caps and how they work.

I see caps as completely unnecessary all they do is limit how many RP's a guy can do.

Right now we increased them to four because guys wanted more. Some people don't agree on how the current caps should work.

So this is a Discussion thread for that.

Here is how I personally view Caps. I will use John and Avalanche as examples. If the cap is say 5 and Avalanche RPs five time and John only 2 it's not how many times they did what but who did better in the thread as a whole. So regardless of how many times someone RPs that doesn't matter.

It's basically so you try to contain posts and not do 85 paragraphs as seperate posts or something.

Thoughts questions?

Reaction score
Ok, explain to me my first match. I faced Solomon White and he did put two RP's in and I only put one. My one rp was better than his in not just my eyes but also the rest of the fed's (except creative) in the predictions thread. Now I'm not all that mad about it as I was because I actually worked my ass off doing that rp and he put's in a 12 sentence rp and gets the win. I don't think it was fair and to be honest it almost made me quit if that's the way things were going to work out here.

I also don't agree with storyline losses.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This is a new policy that began with raising the PPV caps. I am sorry that you lost that match and that is one of the reasons this is being addressed.

Your issue with storyline losses confuses me. So if we wanted to have Snow drop the belt so he could challenge Syn for his you'd disagree? That simply isn't logical Snow would have to drop his belt in order to move up.

Reaction score
I think ya'll should wait until he loses the belt himself. Don't just make him lose to someone who shouldn't beat him. That's unfair to him and if the person can't win the title without a storyline win then he shouldn't be a champion.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
What if he's at a point where he is so good that he doesn't lose because nobody below him is at his level? Then he's obviously got the wrong belt. Im sorry but sometimes a storyline loss is a necessary thing.

PY.

Reaction score
Storyline losses aren't a bad thing as long as you let the person know, and he/she agrees to it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Storyline losses aren't a bad thing as long as you let the person know, and he/she agrees to it.

Not a bad addition to it. We'll do that but again it's not really an issue we're having at the moment.

Back to the topic of Caps though.

PY.

Reaction score
I have no issue with caps, just think it's stupid to have different ones per match.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm ok with 4 RP cap, although, I think that's the most I can do in a week, if even that. I don't mind caps. The caps should be different per match in my opinion. Main event guys should show that they deserve it, and are willing to work for it.

Also, for that storyline loss thing. I will not agree to a storyline loss. Only way I want to be beat is fairly.

PY.

Reaction score
If anything, I'd do 3 for Adrenaline 4 for the undercard matches on PPV and five for the top matches.

Three should be set for the regular show. It's kinda hard RPing 12 times a month + a PPV.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
1 for the curtain jerk match. If it's a title match, the default minimum should be 3, and can go higher prior to creatives choice.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
If anything, I'd do 3 for Adrenaline 4 for the undercard matches on PPV and five for the top matches.

Three should be set for the regular show. It's kinda hard RPing 12 times a month + a PPV.

A cap is not mandatory you only have to RP the once. so for a show with a rp cap of 4 you can rp up to 4 times but only one is mandatory.

PY.

Reaction score
But still, after hearing the no matter what 1 or rp won't beat or 2 won't beat 3, it's kinda forced if your opponents post 2 or 3 or w/e

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Where was that stated? That isn't what I stated in the first post at all I suggest you re-read it.

PY.

Reaction score
I remember BDC or someone saying something like that and we had a mini debate on why 1 rp couldn't beat 2.

EDIT:

Here is how I personally view Caps. I will use John and Avalanche as examples. If the cap is say 5 and Avalanche RPs five time and John only 2 it's not how many times they did what but who did better in the thread as a whole. So regardless of how many times someone RPs that doesn't matter.

This I like..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.