Caps Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete

Reaction score
What's wrong with that? Again, we come from VERY different RPing worlds. In our previous fed, feeding off each other was the meat and potatoes of our method. We were GRATEFUL when our opponent gave us something to work off of. So I really don't get this attitude. You guys are like that kid in kindergarten clutching his toy to his chest and holding it away from everybody else and yelling "MINE! MINE!"

But whatever. We may just go back to a 1-cap. You guys want to get stuck on level one forever, so be it. I would like to see this fed grow, but with this sort of attitude towards the slightest thing, it's impossible.

Andy

Reaction score
PY just proved to me why I hate caps and more than one RP. I have nothing against him but he basically took my RP and used it in his. What's that called? Piggy-backing. It's bullshit.

You have no legitimate argument. Even if there weren't caps, he would be able to do the same thing. Even if the cap was only one RP, he would still be able to do the same thing, so long as you posted your roleplay first. Piggy-backing can always happen. People have to deal with it, because it honestly has nothing to do with caps. The only way to legitimately stop piggy-backing is by having the two roleplayers post their RPs at the same time, and that is impossible. That, or a rule could be set up to prevent such a move.

Again, your problem has nothing to do with caps. The more RPs, the better, honestly.

BDC

Reaction score
Like I've said before, go ahead....piggy pack me. It's quite a ride...lol

Pete

Reaction score
Me too.

Anyway, I might have come across too harsh back there, but I will say this: two more days until the PPV and less than half of the caps are filled. And out of those half are from Staff. Instead y'all are spending time on here griping about nothing. Some competitors...

And then you complain that you haven't won your match...

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
What is the big deal about caps? Gives you MUCH more chances to improve, or just be creative. With my RP's, none are ever truly the same, but they tie together, if you know what I mean. So this caps thing is easy for me.

Andy

Reaction score
I don't know. Some people try to argue that caps are the reason they lose, and they fail miserably.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Which takes me back to my fave quote as staff...

Shut up and RP :D

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Seems you all are defending your laziness. Perhaps try and actually make the cap and see what happens?

The problem is that a lot of people when signing up listed that they can only RP 1 or at max 2 a week. Some people are actually very busy and don't have the time to write 37 RPs each week. They may not have time to write that many because of school, uni or work committments or they may already be part of the other fed here or may enjoy posting in the other sections of the forum. Putting the cap at 4 each week is only going to turn people away because it is understandably too much to ask for most people.

I still don't see why there needs to be more than 1 RP for a weekly show. People can actually put all their effort into the one RP and make it the best possible rather than splitting one RP into three or four seperate parts.

Pete

Reaction score
I use caps to tell a serial story. For instance: Jacqui M arrives - 1 RP: talks to Raiden - second RP; goes to the locker room and thinks - third RP. If you try cramming all that into one, it's going to be one huge unreadable mess, unless you are very good about it.

Reaction score
I don't know. Some people try to argue that caps are the reason they lose, and they fail miserably.

That is the reason I lost. He did two mediocre RP's and beat my one that was far better than both of his. When you lowered the cap level to one, I won the match.

Reaction score
The problem is that a lot of people when signing up listed that they can only RP 1 or at max 2 a week. Some people are actually very busy and don't have the time to write 37 RPs each week. They may not have time to write that many because of school, uni or work committments or they may already be part of the other fed here or may enjoy posting in the other sections of the forum. Putting the cap at 4 each week is only going to turn people away because it is understandably too much to ask for most people.

I still don't see why there needs to be more than 1 RP for a weekly show. People can actually put all their effort into the one RP and make it the best possible rather than splitting one RP into three or four seperate parts.

I agree one hundred percent. I am way to damn busy through out the week to write so many rp's. If you looked at my latest, it was shit because I needed to get something in and try to meet the cap.

BDC

Reaction score
Ya know, this is why I just conceded about fourteen hundred complains ago and said just have them do one. Of course, we could ask the whole rabble. IDK, I just want to see more rps than complaints, personally.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I agree one hundred percent. I am way to damn busy through out the week to write so many rp's. If you looked at my latest, it was shit because I needed to get something in and try to meet the cap.

Not sure how many times I have to say meeting the cap isn't important it's the quality of the rps not quanity so if your turning out shit rps to meet the cap you'll lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.